PDA

View Full Version : S2K vs. WRX Part 2

max_boost
04-10-2003, 02:20 AM
Well the sleeper WRX station wagon gets a TAnabe Catback Exhaust, up pipe and down pipe installed by Ghetto Hookups......I knew this punk would want revenge.....

He starts following my ass and we just so happen to land on a set of red lights.....

I rev pass 6500RPM.... light turns green.....tires are screeching......the tail starts to kick out......and off we go......side by side up until 80km/h when that bitch starts to pull on me! He had about 1 full car length......we shut her down at 115km/h

So I lost....its OK.....but in theory, if we went to higher speeds, it would probably be even but neither me or the WRX driver is willing to take that risk, just wanted to have a little fun at night with NO cars on the roads......Life begins for S2K at 120km/h! :D

I am very impressed with the WRX

James
04-10-2003, 02:36 AM
gotta sharpen up those skillz Sam! tsk tsk lol j/k

SilverRex
04-10-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Well the sleeper WRX station wagon gets a TAnabe Catback Exhaust, up pipe and down pipe installed by Ghetto Hookups......I knew this punk would want revenge.....

He starts following my ass and we just so happen to land on a set of red lights.....

I rev pass 6500RPM.... light turns green.....tires are screeching......the tail starts to kick out......and off we go......side by side up until 80km/h when that bitch starts to pull on me! He had about 1 full car length......we shut her down at 115km/h

So I lost....its OK.....but in theory, if we went to higher speeds, it would probably be even but neither me or the WRX driver is willing to take that risk, just wanted to have a little fun at night with NO cars on the roads......Life begins for S2K at 120km/h! :D

time for supercharging sam

max_boost
04-10-2003, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by SilverRex

time for supercharging sam

No need for that
STI would be cheaper haha
Or just borrow Rage2's AMG :D

rage2
04-10-2003, 08:19 AM
Don't worry Sam, I got revenge for you last night :D. The sleeper WRX was quick off the line tho... I was shocked at how close it was off the line!

monkeyja
04-10-2003, 01:52 PM
NO way you could of loss when driving S2K

rage2
04-10-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by monkeyja
NO way you could of loss when driving S2K
The WRX isn't stock. I ran with it last night, and 0-60mph it was pretty much even with my AMG :eek:

GTS Jeff
04-10-2003, 02:03 PM
was there madd skillz behind the wheel of the wrx?

Fluidic
04-10-2003, 02:13 PM
Was this SpyGuys WRX or CRXguy's?

Sounds like a fun time last night -- next meet -- count me in! :thumbsup:

Peter

lammer
04-10-2003, 03:34 PM
i believe its CRXguy's considering it was a wagon. and it is part 2. heh

importadrenelin
04-10-2003, 03:47 PM
Uh oh.. I got to keep an eye out for a Sleeper Wagon REX...
Don't worry Sam, I'll strike revenge for the S2K's against the WRX!
Got a little something in the works!

max_boost
04-10-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by rage2

The WRX isn't stock. I ran with it last night, and 0-60mph it was pretty much even with my AMG :eek:

So does that mean I can keep up with you too? Cause I kept up with the WRX haha

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
was there madd skillz behind the wheel of the wrx?
Yah but madd skillz lost to me when he was stock! haha He needs his mods lol

Originally posted by Fluidic Digital
Was this SpyGuys WRX or CRXguy's?

Sounds like a fun time last night -- next meet -- count me in! :thumbsup:

Peter

Yah FD, we are interested in your 1.8T Jetta, its performance and what it is capable of now

That was CRXguy's wagon....spyguy will annihilate us all.....LOL

max_boost
04-10-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by importadrenelin

Now that is what I am talking about! haha
The only thing worth doing on a S2K is FI.....:devil:

Fluidic
04-10-2003, 03:53 PM
Yah FD, we are interested in your 1.8T Jetta, its performance and what it is capable of now

I'm down for a little fun. I myself have had a little "spare" time over the winter months for a few mods! :thumbsup:

Peter

rage2
04-10-2003, 04:07 PM
So does that mean I can keep up with you too? Cause I kept up with the WRX haha
Probably, the AMG is slow dude!

spyguy
04-10-2003, 04:08 PM
That was CRXguy's wagon....spyguy will annihilate us all.....LOL

stop bringing me into things!!! my car is slow leave it at that...plus it doesn't start

CRXguy
04-10-2003, 05:09 PM
Don't mess around with MB anymore. He'll kick y0 ass. I'm impressed by him and the S2k. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by rage2
Don't worry Sam, I got revenge for you last night :D. The sleeper WRX was quick off the line tho... I was shocked at how close it was off the line!

Dude, your car scares the shit out of me. When we both launched at the light, you pulled like mad halfway through my 2nd gear. From a roll, the AMG is just fucking deadly. All you see is the rear end squat, and he's pulling buslengths on me. :rofl:

Originally posted by importadrenelin

Jason, if you go FI, I won't even bother trying to race you!! LOL :D

CRXguy
04-10-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by spyguy

stop bringing me into things!!! my car is slow leave it at that...plus it doesn't start

Everyone knows it's getting a transplant of some sort!! :D :thumbsup:

2000impreza
04-10-2003, 05:15 PM
this summer will be intresting... will certainly put a lot of people in their places.... lol. not that it matters to me or anything since i'm retired :rofl:

CRXguy
04-10-2003, 05:17 PM
^^^

Whatever dude. :bullshit: :rofl:

spyguy
04-10-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

Everyone knows it's getting a transplant of some sort!! :D :thumbsup:

don't speak blasphemy...ITS SLOW

02bump'nWRX
04-10-2003, 07:05 PM
hey CRXguy what exhaust did you get for the Rex? I talked to gavin today at the UofC meet and he said it sounded great. Also what uppipe/downpipe did you get? I would just like some opionions on what works and what doesn't

buh_buh
04-10-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital

I'm down for a little fun. then go play with yourself

speedyalero
04-10-2003, 08:55 PM

I have the same problem with my car. Still running the stock ECU and it has a speed limiter at 175. I lost to a VW once heading to Edmonton cause of that damn limiter. I was ahead then bounced off the limiter which drops you down to about 155/160 -- which was enough for him to pass me and keep going. :banghead:

CRXguy
04-10-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by 02bump'nWRX
hey CRXguy what exhaust did you get for the Rex? I talked to gavin today at the UofC meet and he said it sounded great. Also what uppipe/downpipe did you get? I would just like some opionions on what works and what doesn't

BPM up pipe with flex joint
HKS downpipe
Tanabe Hyper Medallion exhaust

I might go with a bellmouth opening though IF I ever decide to get a bigger turbo. :D

Originally posted by buh_buh
then go play with yourself

LMAO!!! Easy tiger. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LUDELVR
04-10-2003, 10:50 PM

HKS downpipe

Fuck, this is a deadly combo. It sounds deadly, and from what I'm hearing, it's gains are even better!!! Be afraid...be very afraid!! hahahaha:eek: :rofl:

2000impreza
04-10-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

Fuck, this is a deadly combo. It sounds deadly, and from what I'm hearing, it's gains are even better!!! Be afraid...be very afraid!! hahahaha:eek: :rofl:

your not scared.... or are you :confused:

Superesc
04-11-2003, 12:59 AM

HKS downpipe

I might go with a bellmouth opening though IF I ever decide to get a bigger turbo. :D

Sweet JDM parts!!!!! :thumbsup: