PDA

View Full Version : Those LED's that move to the Sound?

natejj
06-28-2006, 05:18 PM
My car has not been reelingin as many ladies as i predicted, and i blame it to my lack of LED's.

Anyways, I want to make a cheesey little center dash console piece, that has LED's that move up and down to my music..... is this a major project? Anyone know where i could buy something like that?

Anton
06-28-2006, 05:42 PM
Cheap ones, like AutoParts. You can find some better ones on the net. Some are powered through your cig lighter.

On a side note, don't do it. :D

GTS Jeff
06-28-2006, 06:45 PM
I went through this phase when I was in high school.

shakalaka
06-28-2006, 06:47 PM
^Agreed!

But looking at the exterior of your car natejj, I am sure it'll go well with the inside.

natejj
06-28-2006, 07:11 PM
Thx for the advice.

GTS_jeff, i'm going through this phase AFTER high school.

GTS Jeff
06-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by natejj
Thx for the advice.

GTS_jeff, i'm going through this phase AFTER high school. That's a bad thing dude. I'm trying to help you here!!

natejj
06-28-2006, 07:15 PM
You know, i thought about it right before i slapped on my first decal but then i just realized. How many Type R Sundances are there? And since i'm half foreign, and i live in a gang city, if i don't conform, i will get shot!

The rest is history.

Hakkola
06-28-2006, 07:16 PM
I think it's hilarious, the right woman might find it charming. :rofl:

theken
06-28-2006, 07:31 PM
hahaha, just buy a sound controller from street glow

Unknown303
06-28-2006, 07:48 PM
But if you are trying to make it look like the old school home amps where is climbs each frequency form green to orange to red, then your probably in for a lot of work. But if you just want likes to flash to the beat, then visit memory express and buy some of those cathodes or leds that come with the sound sensors. A Hell of a lot cheaper from them than getting them actually for a car, perk they all run on 12v so the cars 14 should be fine, during my ricer years i did this and it work sadly enough.

GTS Jeff
06-28-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
I think it's hilarious, the right woman might find it charming. :rofl: The right woman isn't gonna be old enough to be called a woman hahaha

jdm_jspec
08-06-2006, 12:30 AM
^^:rofl:

ashee
08-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by natejj
You know, i thought about it right before i slapped on my first decal but then i just realized. How many Type R Sundances are there? And since i'm half foreign, and i live in a gang city, if i don't conform, i will get shot!

The rest is history.

Maybe it's just the sundance in general that's not attracting ladies.

brandon
08-06-2006, 03:21 PM
nate dawg! after looking at your website i need to say! Shave your eyebrows dude! mad unibrow going on!

Prince Tikki
08-08-2006, 11:34 AM
okay i'm going to give this poor fellow some actual useful help, this can be really cheezy if you dont put effort into it - but i can really blow away people (girls in your case) if done well. what i did in my car (got smashed and is now all gone) is have lights glow to the bass. the leds were actually in the dash vents so it looked like the car was glowing from the inside - very nice effect.

all you need to do this is know how to take apart your car dash to get behind the vents, and a simple module you can buy at walmart for $10 that has a mic on it to hear the bass and led outputs. the module is designed to take led things made for it but it puts out 12v so you can just use resistors and leds instead of buying thier thing like i did. oh and if you want a nice slow dim after the bass hits try a 1 farad capacitor, thats if you want to get fancy.

my car dropped jaws and some women's clothing - so good luck to you!

MudCrawler
08-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by brandon
nate dawg! after looking at your website i need to say! Shave your eyebrows dude! mad unibrow going on!

Im sure he'd have lots to say about your personal appearance too brandon;)

just kiddin