PDA

View Full Version : Good Restaurants in Edmonton

koopkoop2
06-28-2006, 11:09 PM
So I'm going to Edmonton this weekend and wanted to know where the best places to eat are. By "best places" I mean average type restaurants - not fine dining. Open to any kind of food, doesn't have to be Western.

GTS Jeff
06-28-2006, 11:35 PM
Dante's is a good casual yet nice place to eat.

I bet it kills you to get advice from me, doesn't it? It just makes it that much harder for you to troll me doesn't it? I bet you will avoid Dante's just so can keep trolling after me without guilt.

Rockski
06-28-2006, 11:48 PM
to to cheicken for lunch at scotia place 2 or some big ass building like that

jaysas_63
06-29-2006, 01:32 AM
Heres a few threads:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120955

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126501

as for my favs:

il portico for italian

hardware grill for steaks

^^a little pricey

yannis for greek (really cool lounge downstairs that serves food from their reg. menu....or belly dancing upstairs a few night a week)

just went to daddy'os (sp) for new orleans food tonight, and it was good food, cool atmosphere

the pho in WEM right next to TNT is good (can't remeber name)

bistro braha for german type food (good shnitzels)

sorintinos is a good cheaper italian restaurant

TrevorK
06-29-2006, 08:07 AM
In my opinion, the best Italian place (That doesn't make their own pasta) is Rigatoni's. Very casual, same atmosphere at Subway/Quizno's, yet since it's run by an Italian family has some great pasta (Not home made) for around $6/plate.

They have the basics for pasta, but I've yet to have something that rated below any other restaurant (That doesn't make their own pasta). It's located downtown.

Another hiddden gem is Piccolino's. They make all their own pasta, and change virtually nothing ($15/plate type place). You might need reservations though, but it's well worth it. So far, I've yet to find a better place for pasta (home-made) period.

hash
06-29-2006, 08:22 AM
check out la-shish on jasper ave and 118 st. get a plate (as opposed to a wrap) --> huge servings. its nothing fancy.

koopkoop2
06-29-2006, 01:15 PM
Really good suggestions guys!

Please keep them coming!

gran turismo
06-29-2006, 01:52 PM
For Italian, I'd suggest the Italian Kitchen on 34th Ave or Gino's on about 76 Ave. and Calgary Trail South.

For Greek, I'd suggest Grub Med over Yanni's. I think Yanni's has gone downhill a little bit. Grub Med is on 114 St. and about 28 Ave or so.

If you want Viatnamese, try Calgary Trail Noodle house on Calgary Tr. South and 57 ave.

I definitely second Daddy O's on Whyte Ave.

For just hamburgers, pizza etc. Original Joe's is really good. It's on 23 Ave. and Rabbit Hill Rd.

GTS Jeff
06-29-2006, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by gran turismo
If you want Viatnamese, try Calgary Trail Noodle house on Calgary Tr. South and 57 ave. OMG you're white, aren't you???

haha for some real pho, go to chinatown. Look for Pagolac or Vouugh Que..

jaysas_63
06-29-2006, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
OMG you're white, aren't you???

haha for some real pho, go to chinatown. Look for Pagolac or Vouugh Que..

are there any nammer places you would recomend near the university, whyte, WEM, or jasper?

(looking for some good pho)

i usually eat at donnes, or the one next to TNT in WEM, but they aren't that great

GTS Jeff
06-29-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by jaysas_63

are there any nammer places you would recomend near the university, whyte, WEM, or jasper?

(looking for some good pho)

i usually eat at donnes, or the one next to TNT in WEM, but they aren't that great Nope. You gotta go to chinatown. It's like a 10 minute drive!!

GTS Jeff
06-30-2006, 10:48 PM
Oh yeah, almost forgot. My buddy's family owns Korean Village in Edmonton. It's a bit homestyle ghetto inside, but the food is awesome, service is awesome, and it's definitely worth going to!

xrayvsn
07-01-2006, 01:36 AM
Greek: Koutouki Taverna on 124 St. I think there may be a second one around 178 St near the Schank's.

Pagolac for Pho, as Jeff says.

+1 For Da De O and their Po' Boy sandwiches and also for the jalapeno jelly and mini cornbread.

rith
07-01-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Rockski
to to cheicken for lunch at scotia place 2 or some big ass building like that

Chicken for lunch? Are you trying to kill him with saturated fat and MSG? :rolleyes:

Rockski
07-04-2006, 11:13 AM
Thai orchid in edmonton RULES

Rockski
07-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by rith

Chicken for lunch? Are you trying to kill him with saturated fat and MSG? :rolleyes:

yes.... is there a problem with that

#1hustler
07-06-2006, 03:16 PM
+1 for Pagolac downtown

or if by west ed. La Pagode by Spence diamonds (pretty much the same)

mac_82
07-07-2006, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by #1hustler
+1 for Pagolac downtown

+2 for Pagolac!!