PDA

View Full Version : fredmiranda.com Shawmail doesn't work

Unknown303
06-29-2006, 09:10 AM
Hey was trying to join that forum, and it tells me that my shaw email address is a webmail/free account. How can i still register with this forum. is there a way to contact someone about it on that forum?

Unknown303
06-29-2006, 09:14 AM
Ack NM, my sait email worked. :closed:

benyl
06-29-2006, 09:56 AM
it is because you can set up a shaw mail account on the fly on your own.

Unknown303
06-29-2006, 01:22 PM
Thats weird i was unaware. Thought you could only get shaw mail if you had their internet package.

Thaco
06-29-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by benyl
it is because you can set up a shaw mail account on the fly on your own. yu can set up any domain email on the fly on your own if you own the domain....

benyl
06-29-2006, 03:22 PM
true, but there is a way to track the domain owner. With shaw, you would have to contact them and get them to find out which one of their account holders set-up the email. If there is no tracking system at the ISP, then there is no way of tracing the user if they are found to be fraudulent.

Let's face it, Fred Miranda has become a place for people to show off how much gear they can afford and a buy and sell forum.

DJ Lazy
06-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by benyl
Let's face it, Fred Miranda has become a place for people to show off how much gear they can afford and a buy and sell forum.

Hence why I rarely check it out anymore... :(

Unknown303
06-29-2006, 08:17 PM
There are some pretty incredible photo galleries there. I was very impressed.

Pihsiak
06-30-2006, 02:28 AM
I wish people posted more info for every shot they took
what shutter and f stop

I'd like to try and recreate some of that stuff

Newk
06-30-2006, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Pihsiak
I wish people posted more info for every shot they took
what shutter and f stop

I'd like to try and recreate some of that stuff

I've been using opanda's exif viewer. It reads the Exif data right in the browser, they have a version for firefox also.

http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/index.html.

Unknown303
06-30-2006, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Newk

I've been using opanda's exif viewer. It reads the Exif data right in the browser, they have a version for firefox also.

Thats Brilliant!!

BerserkerCatSplat
06-30-2006, 09:17 AM
Yep, I also use Opanda, and I always leave the EXIF data in my images.

Newk
06-30-2006, 09:20 AM
I never understood why some people take it out.

Pihsiak
06-30-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Newk

boo link no work for me

Newk
06-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Just go to opanda.com the link is on the right.

Ben
06-30-2006, 08:17 PM
FredMiranda sure went down hill.

A couple years ago it was a great resource but now everyone on there is basically respected by how much gear you have and how many shoots you get per month.

Bunch of pompous assholes where you cant get a reply on anything, and wont get any kudos unless you're rockin a 1DsMKII and 10 or more L Series lens and a 1DMKII as a Backup, and a bankroll on half a dozen A Class marking companies.

I dont visit any photography forums anymore, what a complete and utter waste of time, that and the fact people post process the shit of of their stuff these days that it's not even digital photography, it's digital art. Welcome to DeviantArt boys and girls.

Unknown303
06-30-2006, 08:29 PM
Well as far as Art goes Deviantart is a great place to go. I was just in a hunt to find a good place to get photography resources.

BerserkerCatSplat
06-30-2006, 08:45 PM
As far as photo forums go, I abhor FredMiranda. I hang out on the FinalGear photo section (No cash-heavy pros there, just guys with cameras), the Beyond photo section (but of course!), and accessphoto.com every once in a while. (I recently discovered that it's basically HondaTech with cameras. Oh, well.)

TurboMedic
06-30-2006, 09:32 PM
Berserker, you on nikonians? thats a good forum, very informative! check it out if you haven't...... nikonians.org

BerserkerCatSplat
06-30-2006, 09:43 PM
I browse Nikonians from time to time, but I've never actually bothered to register, haha. :nut:

D'z Nutz
07-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Ben
FredMiranda sure went down hill.

A couple years ago it was a great resource but now everyone on there is basically respected by how much gear you have and how many shoots you get per month.

Bunch of pompous assholes where you cant get a reply on anything, and wont get any kudos unless you're rockin a 1DsMKII and 10 or more L Series lens and a 1DMKII as a Backup, and a bankroll on half a dozen A Class marking companies.

I dont visit any photography forums anymore, what a complete and utter waste of time, that and the fact people post process the shit of of their stuff these days that it's not even digital photography, it's digital art. Welcome to DeviantArt boys and girls.

:werd:

FM really licks now. It used to be such a great place years ago, but now the place is full of gear whores, especially in the Canon section. Most people there are more concerned with what they own than the photos they take with them. You're almost certain to see a thread where people show off their L lenses or one of those "I've got XXXX dollars, what should I buy" threads on a weekly basis. I've even come across more than a couple threads where people show off their $2000+ Carl Zeiss or Leica "collector copy" lenses that have never been or will be used.

I still pop into their Buy & Sell section once in a while cause you can find some great deals there, but I'm rarely on there anymore. I used to be on there more than I was on Beyond.

frozenrice
07-02-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Ben
[B]Bunch of pompous assholes where you cant get a reply on anythingB]

You can pretty much say this for almost all (not all- most) photographers. I posted a question on a local well-known forum's photography section a few months ago. The thread got moved to another section without explanation or even an answer. Pissed me off because it was photography related so I don't know what the big deal was. Maybe because it had to do with old-skool film and not digital. Dickhead.

D'z Nutz
07-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice
Maybe because it had to do with old-skool film and not digital. Dickhead.

If you're into shooting film, check out http://www.apug.org

They're definitely not as gear-centric as most photography forums and are more concerned with shooting technique and developing photos, rather than collecting equipment.