PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who got their cars stolen

3G
06-29-2006, 01:14 PM
My friends car was recently stolen, an older accord, the cops found it recently, it looks like someone took it for a joyride, then smashed the windows after they were done, slashed 2 tires and ditched it in some back alley. Anyways Wat did your insurance co's pay out? What you payed for it? Book value or Market Value?

3G
06-29-2006, 11:30 PM
i know a couple guys on here got their vehicles stolen, any info?

adam c
06-29-2006, 11:38 PM
if the car is found i dont think they pay it out.. unless its a writeoff.. plus u need theft on ur car and all that good stuff in order to be entitled.. plpd doesnt cut it

3G
06-29-2006, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by adam c
if the car is found i dont think they pay it out.. unless its a writeoff.. plus u need theft on ur car and all that good stuff in order to be entitled.. plpd doesnt cut it

he has plpd, fire , theft and vandalism. He doesnt want the car back with smashed windows, and slashed tires plus hwo knows how bad they bagged it, how many curbs they hopped in it

Mr_John
06-30-2006, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by 3G

he has plpd, fire , theft and vandalism. He doesnt want the car back with smashed windows, and slashed tires plus hwo knows how bad they bagged it, how many curbs they hopped in it

I dont think that would be enough for the car to be written off. I got market value for my car when it was stolen and written off.

topmade
06-30-2006, 07:57 AM
It doesn't take much to write off a car these days, especially if it was an older accord. Market value is usually what they will give you.

Weapon_R
06-30-2006, 10:09 AM
It's not his choice whether he wants it back.

kaput
06-30-2006, 10:26 AM

frostyda9
06-30-2006, 05:59 PM
They'll do an estimate. If the estimate to fix it is more than the book value, they'll pay him the book value.