PDA

View Full Version : Are photo radar "scramblers" legal or even available?

Graham_A_M
06-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Hi guys. I've heard of these scramblers working great to avoid tickets, but that was from a few Yankees. Are they illegal here.. and if not where do I get one? thanks.

Tik-Tok
06-29-2006, 04:31 PM
They're legal to sell, and own, just not to use, lol.

Get them anywhere, though over the internet is probably cheapest.

Traffic_Cop
06-29-2006, 06:46 PM
If you are caught the fine is HUGE $$$

Graham_A_M
06-29-2006, 08:54 PM
^ so just radar detecters are the best bet? ^ are you SERIOUSLY a traffic cop?

Supa Dexta
06-29-2006, 09:55 PM
put some sort of vibrating device on your plate so it comes out all fuzzy in the pictures.. ha

Tik-Tok
06-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Radar detectors are good for outside city limits, as RCMP use radar guns

Inside the city, laser scramblers are good, but you have to slow down and shut it off as soon as it goes off, otherwise a cop will know you're using it.

googe
06-30-2006, 06:06 AM
Depends how the one youre thinking of works. If it physically obstructs your plate, illegal. If it broadcasts a signal, illegal. If it has some other creative way, then it isnt necessarily illegal.

Toma
06-30-2006, 12:19 PM
I use a 1500 watt infrared stobe bulb in the rear.

Canmorite
07-01-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Toma
I use a 1500 watt infrared stobe bulb in the rear.

What is that and what does it do?

liquidboi69
07-01-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
He is Beyonds local cop yes. Helps out with legality questions alot :thumbsup:

Laser jammers are more legal I think (but still illegal)? Radar "scramblers" are really illegal because I read it interfers with hospital equipment. You can face a fine of up to couple hundreded thousand I heard (probably if you cause hospital complications using it.)

Your best bet would be a laser jammer, and a radar detector. Tho you gotta turn it off once you've jammed it and slow down, or the police will know/fine you.

natejj
07-01-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by liquidboi69

Your best bet would be a laser jammer, and a radar detector. Tho you gotta turn it off once you've jammed it and slow down, or the police will know/fine you.

Actually, his best bet is not to speed in the first place( to excess ).:rolleyes:

liquidboi69
07-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by natejj

Actually, his best bet is not to speed in the first place( to excess ).:rolleyes:
Yes that would be his best bet. But I'm trying to answer his question...

Slashin_
07-05-2006, 08:44 PM
if u use an laser jammer does it tell u when ur hit with an laser?

liquidboi69
07-05-2006, 11:52 PM
Yea it will. It will make a beeping noise. You then slow down, and turn off your laser jammer.

You do this because when the cop hits you, his gun will read "error." Errors are possible without a jammer, so if you turn it off and slow down before the cop hits you a second time...he'll just think it was a legit error, and you won't be caught speeding/with the jammer.

Slashin_
07-06-2006, 12:15 AM
how big r jammers?? hidible?

liquidboi69
07-06-2006, 12:58 AM
It's installed inside your grill, and it's then wired to a radar detector size device inside your car which controls the on/off/beeps I think.

I think Tunerworks sells them, at least I saw it in their inventory when their website was still up. Mabey give them a call for more info...I'm not super sure about all the info on it.

Edit* You can look it up on the internet for more info, the best laser jammer is the Blinder. Blinder M-20 jams the front, and Blinder M-40 jams front and back (which you might not need because most the time when you get scanned it's from the front,)

Slashin_
07-06-2006, 01:07 AM
89camry due not much speed to use....until i pimp put my new ride