PDA

View Full Version : Kal Tire (chinook) Kills

turab16
06-30-2006, 02:40 AM
my mom drives an 89 cressi, with 7mge,,, awesome car and almost trouble free for the last 100k !!

so we got nokian all weather tires..... from kal tire on 42nd ave... great service and everything

then my mom goes in for tire rotation four months ago at the chinook location ......... after a month car starts to pull to left really hard......... i thought maybe it was alignment .... kept getting worst.....

i checked the tires and due to the tires being directional and front ones being installed on opposite sides, i figure out the pull...... take it back to kal tire chinook......

don't kow why the fuck they messed under the hood and gave all sorts of wrong recommendations.....

eg:

possibly needs struts, brakes, callipers, rotors and what not..... I had kybs installed couple of yrs ago and brembo oem replacement rotors ...

today my mom was comin down on anderson and the engine temp went thru the roof!! mom pulled over and discovered that the radiator bottle's cover was hangin out with the pipe and hence the whole rad fluid leaked out / evaporated!! the 7mges are already bad on head gasket and this just added to the trouble! i m pissed as hell and the manager is going to get shit!! from me tomorrow!

suggestions and comments are welcome

Palmiros
06-30-2006, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by turab16
i m pissed as hell and the manager is going to get shit!! from me tomorrow!

Before you do/say anything stupid (to him/her), take a deep breath and rather than being rude, explain your problem. Think that will work better.. :D

Jayson
06-30-2006, 03:36 AM
That Kal-Tire used to be a Sears service center and about 2 years ago W5 did a report on dishonest mechanics and that sears location was on it... They got the worst rating in all of Canada... So they sold it and made it into a Kal-Tire. Now from what i've heard, they didn't change any of the staff... just the name, so i wouldn't go there...

Good luck with everything though, i feel your pain.. Took my car to Canadian Tire for an oil change a few years back, and i ended up having to rethread the oilpan the next oil change. Eventually i had to replace the whole oilpan... wasn't to happy about that

Jynx
06-30-2006, 06:07 AM
i have had nothing but great service from kal tire in the chinook lot.
They are very helpful and always correct any problems without question.

heavyD
06-30-2006, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Jayson
That Kal-Tire used to be a Sears service center and about 2 years ago W5 did a report on dishonest mechanics and that sears location was on it... They got the worst rating in all of Canada... So they sold it and made it into a Kal-Tire. Now from what i've heard, they didn't change any of the staff... just the name, so i wouldn't go there...

Ha Ha. In the 80's a co-worker of mine's mother took her car to that Chinook Sears and somehow they managed to let the car fall off the hoist. I had to drive out of my way for a week to pick him up while his mother drove his car. They didn't even want to give her a loaner even though they totalled her car. There are much more horror stories but that one is particularily funny.

JspecB16
06-30-2006, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Jayson

Good luck with everything though, i feel your pain.. Took my car to Canadian Tire for an oil change a few years back, and i ended up having to rethread the oilpan the next oil change. Eventually i had to replace the whole oilpan... wasn't to happy about that

I heard about that, but I heard they installed a camera under the hood and the mechanic was on tape hiting the motor with a rubber mallet!!! some f#%ked up s#!t.

ricosuave
06-30-2006, 08:37 AM
not to defend them, but they could have easily 'diagnosed' the brakes, etc from when the wheels were off...

as far as the coolant lid, i dont understand... is it a screw on type or just a cap? is there a possiblity that the pressure from the sytem could have popped it?

i doubt you're going to get anywhere with the coolant loss unless they admit or you prove on the work order that they touched it...

as far as the 'diagnosing' i wouldnt worry too much about it - just dont get suckered in is all.

and if you do go talk to the manager be polite and firm to start - you can always scream and be an ass later if you have to be...

rico

turab16
06-30-2006, 09:05 AM
the small pipe from rad goes into the cap of the rad bottle,

and the cap/pipe wasn't popped off! it was hanging in the middle of engine compartment........

i ll go there this afternoon

Lex350
06-30-2006, 11:15 AM
I've had my tires changed out a couple times by them and they did good work, on time and for a reasonable price.

CalgarySupra
06-30-2006, 11:49 AM
kaltire is a rip. they wanted 420 dollars to change one WHEEL BEARING . and wanted to supply the part. the part they qouted me was higher then the dealer part. i told them use an oem par ti will supply then said NO .then they agreed to use oem part but then i said no way for 420 dollars to change a wheel bearing.

kaltire main owner of all of them is involved in criminal activity up to his neck. maybe theres a new owner so i am not sure

98brg2d
06-30-2006, 11:57 AM
I have never been to the Chinook location, I always have used the one on 42 ave and have never had any problems aside from one dickhead salesman. I would go talk to them and get them to fix what they messed up, if they don't, go to the media.

R-Audi
06-30-2006, 06:26 PM
Wow.. my whole family uses Kal Tire on 42nd, and we have never had a problem. We always use Bashir or Bill (Manager) and I have never had one complaint yet...

jonno6turbo
06-30-2006, 07:31 PM
hahahaha. thats funny. i used to work there untill just recently(moving to lethbridge) yea i could see somethin like that happening, they hired a bunch of high school kids through this "rap program" and we have had nothing but comebacks since. as for the sears location being the worst ever well when i started about a year ago, all the staff had quit or got fired cause of new management.

turab16, my advice to you if you haven't gone there already, then go in tomorrow and talk to the asst. manager, explain what happened calmly, there usually pretty good at paying for their screw ups.

good luck with this, and if you have anymore questions pm me and i will hapilly answer them for you

adam c
07-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
Wow.. my whole family uses Kal Tire on 42nd, and we have never had a problem. We always use Bashir or Bill (Manager) and I have never had one complaint yet...

haha bashir.. don't get me started on him.. lets just say my mom used to go there and knows him pretty well.
i wouldnt trust him

adam c
07-02-2006, 10:08 PM
i personally like the people down at Fountain Tire.. on 70th ave, just south of chinook.. always awesome to me there and always remember who u are..

had some big issues with my last car and they were nothing but helpful to me, went out of their way to fix my car even though they were busy

403Gemini
07-03-2006, 02:28 AM
whats goin on with kal tire? when i went to get my winter tires i told them to do a coolant flush and oil change since they have it.

pick up the car and

a.) coolant wasnt flushed
b.) they forgot to put the oil cap back on.

i didnt notice this until a month later when i smelt a HORRIBLE burning odor. so i popped the trunk and sure enough there was oil all over my engine bay. i was pretty pissed. luckily the cap got stuck between the spark plug wires and didnt fall down.

tires, i have no complaints about... but that doesnt mean if i bought them else where they'd be any worse ;)

Proboscis
07-03-2006, 02:51 AM
Is Rich the head of kal 626??? that old man. Fountain Tire boys treat u right, head to 66 moraine off barlow

Genjuro
07-03-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by turab16
my mom drives an 89 cressi, with 7mge,,, awesome car and almost trouble free for the last 100k !!

so we got nokian all weather tires..... from kal tire on 42nd ave... great service and everything

then my mom goes in for tire rotation four months ago at the chinook location ......... after a month car starts to pull to left really hard......... i thought maybe it was alignment .... kept getting worst.....

i checked the tires and due to the tires being directional and front ones being installed on opposite sides, i figure out the pull...... take it back to kal tire chinook......

don't kow why the fuck they messed under the hood and gave all sorts of wrong recommendations.....

eg:

possibly needs struts, brakes, callipers, rotors and what not..... I had kybs installed couple of yrs ago and brembo oem replacement rotors ...

today my mom was comin down on anderson and the engine temp went thru the roof!! mom pulled over and discovered that the radiator bottle's cover was hangin out with the pipe and hence the whole rad fluid leaked out / evaporated!! the 7mges are already bad on head gasket and this just added to the trouble! i m pissed as hell and the manager is going to get shit!! from me tomorrow!

suggestions and comments are welcome

yo omg man, i thought it was just me but i had the same shit happen with mine. went there to get an allignment and they figured out all this other BS and did the same thing with the coolant overflow. like what the fuck is it their business to touch anything under the hood when you just go in there for an allignment? fuck them, that was the last i went there.

DoubleLP
07-03-2006, 11:01 AM
And THIS is the reason that I go to Blaskin & Lane on MacLeod. I have never had an issue with them.

max_boost
07-03-2006, 11:59 AM
I use to go to Sears Auto back in the day, never really had a problem. Lucky me.

But now, it's TireCraft on Macleod by Hooters FTW. It's a great feeling to know you have found a quality tireshop that takes care of everything.