PDA

View Full Version : looking to buy a 2003-2005 Z4...

vietdood
06-30-2006, 02:10 PM
planning to buy one pretty soon here from BC since it's a bit cheaper there and more to choose from. Anyone have experience with them or know what kind of problems they have? pretty much looking to get the 3.0L and how do these compare against the SLK230/320? Also has anyone had experience buying from a dealership from BC as for as the tax goes due to their 15% tax? is there a way just to pay the one tax?

Thanks

netwise
06-30-2006, 02:27 PM
I've bought two cars from BC and with my AB driver's licence, that was all the proof they needed to only charge me GST, so you shouldn't have a problem.

Can't comment much on the car, as my convertible budget doesn't go quite that high, but you're certainly going to get the better deal in Vancouver ;)

vietdood
07-04-2006, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by netwise
I've bought two cars from BC and with my AB driver's licence, that was all the proof they needed to only charge me GST, so you shouldn't have a problem.

Can't comment much on the car, as my convertible budget doesn't go quite that high, but you're certainly going to get the better deal in Vancouver ;)

yea it's cheaper to get in vancouver... but there's too many automatic z4's in vancouver and calgary. now i'm started to look to import one from the states and does anyone know of a company that will pretty much just do everything for you to bring in the car to canada? has anyone used hansen's forwarding LTD?

Mitsu3000gt
07-04-2006, 08:11 AM
If you are OK with shipping it, buy one from toronto or out east (anywhere but quebec). It's not old enough to be effected by the salt there, and vancouver is no better because the salt is actually in the air all the time there. Also, the car will be significantly cheaper as alberta is the most expensive place in canada to buy a car and BC isn't alot better I dont think, but it is a bit cheaper.

Mark