PDA

View Full Version : Subaru Pricing ?

L_T_K
07-02-2006, 04:43 PM
I am looking at buying my first Subaru (a Legacy Wagon). Unfortunately, here in Winnipeg, there is only one Subaru dealer and when I spoke with the manger, he said the Manufactuer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is "the price". In other words, the price was not negotiable.

I was wonder what people in other parts of Canada paid? If you could list what the MSRP was for your model and what you actually paid for it, I would apperciate it.

Thanks!

CRXguy
07-02-2006, 04:46 PM
If you're willing to do a bit of extra work, read this thread on how to import a car from the U.S.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135570

max_boost
07-02-2006, 05:01 PM
2006 Impreza WRX $37700 out the door. Savings of $2300.

I actually paid $750 less than that but you have to graduate with a degree within the last two years, not sure if that applies to you?

Go to www.carcostcanada.com pay the $40 and get the dealer invoice and use that for your negotiation. If they are unwilling to talk, buy one from Calgary and ship it to Winnipeg. Shipping costs should be $300-$400.

max_boost
07-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Aleks (forum member) is the one who worked the magic and got me this deal. Basically go in and tell them you want to pay invoice plus $1000. :D:thumbsup:

xrayvsn
07-02-2006, 05:24 PM
You will not have to pay for duty at the border on a Legacy, since they are built in the USA. You can save a lot of money if you go across the border.

Tik-Tok
07-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by xrayvsn
You will not have to pay for duty at the border on a Legacy, since they are built in the USA. You can save a lot of money if you go across the border.

Ahhh, but the eternal question... will THE ONLY subaru dealership in his city back up warranties from a vehicle bought in another country?

Palmiros
07-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Ahhh, but the eternal question... will THE ONLY subaru dealership in his city back up warranties from a vehicle bought in another country?

Unless a Subaru is a Subaru-no-more after it crosses the border, it should be covered.

Tik-Tok
07-02-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Palmiros

Unless a Subaru is a Subaru-no-more after it crosses the border, it should be covered.

Then that begs the other question... can you get financing for a cross border buy?

xrayvsn
07-02-2006, 06:15 PM
You probably can't get the same deals on financing as you would from the manufacturer. I know that Aleks and Max_Boost got 2.8% for their WRX's. I am paying prime on my line of credit for the STI, but the financing for the STI from SoC is only at 5.8%, so the difference is minimal, while the capitalized savings are quite large.

Tik-Tok
07-02-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by xrayvsn
...while the capitalized savings are quite large.

Yeah I just saw your import thread. That's an awesome deal. I was thinking about this with a 350Z before I bought my mustang, but didn't really look into it.

I'm just curious if a bank would finance your car from the states (I don't see why they wouldn't, but hey, they have funny rules), or if American Subaru (or any other car manufacturer) would finance a Canadian.