PDA

View Full Version : Buying a house? but

Supa Dexta
07-02-2006, 08:04 PM
Hey guys, been throwing the idea back and forth in my head for some time.. But I just can't do it, it's too much out here and only getting worse, So I was wondering what the deal would be to buy a house in another province, I plan on moving back to NS in a yr or two, and I have some buddies that would move into a place in a heartbeat (and I could trust them to take care of it) They are soo cheap compared to out here (Like 200k for quite a nice house, with a few acres), and if I had a friend or 2 in it, that would really help pay the mortgage off while I'm out here. The only downside is I would still be renting out here.. So just looking for some input on what you guys think of the idea, and what sort of numbers would I be looking at. As I don't imagine the bank would like me paying rent and mortgage at the same time, tying up a lot of my money (and they wouldn't likely count on me having someone renting it, as that can't be a guaranted thing...

MrSector9
07-02-2006, 08:57 PM
one thing to look at too would be what do you plan on doing when you come back and will it pay enough to pay mortgage/bills and till possibly have some money left over.

I would wait and possibly save up money for a big downpayment when you decided exactly wher ein Ns you wanna move and possibly have a well paying job there.

Supa Dexta
07-02-2006, 09:08 PM
yeah for sure, I will not be leaving this job here until I am sure I have something equal if not better...

MrSector9
07-02-2006, 09:12 PM
good idea, i wouldnt jmp on anythign unless it was SUCH a good deal you might be able to make some money off it.

I have aocuple friends that recently built houses and are now outwest paying for them.

the sad but true relaity of the east coast :/