PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton Renting

Vdub_girl
07-03-2006, 08:13 PM
My boyfriend has to move to Edmonton this fall for law school. He is looking for a decent place to stay near or within 15-20 min drive from the university. Does anybody from Edmonton know of nice apartment complexs in the area, with reasonable prices? He wouldn't mind living in a basement suite or a house with other people, but isn't sure about it because he will need quiet to sleep and study! He doesn't need a place until September, but is willing to begin renting in August if necessary to acquire a nice place.

Thanks in advance.

mac_82
07-03-2006, 09:02 PM
Sorry already found a roomie for my new house.

Trying a website like rentfaster might be a good idea.

AndrewMZ3
07-05-2006, 10:41 AM
How much is he looking to spend in rent in a month?

Vdub_girl
07-05-2006, 06:50 PM
probably between $400-800

TrevorK
07-06-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Vdub_girl
My boyfriend has to move to Edmonton this fall for law school. He is looking for a decent place to stay near or within 15-20 min drive from the university. Does anybody from Edmonton know of nice apartment complexs in the area, with reasonable prices? He wouldn't mind living in a basement suite or a house with other people, but isn't sure about it because he will need quiet to sleep and study! He doesn't need a place until September, but is willing to begin renting in August if necessary to acquire a nice place.

Thanks in advance.

There are several apartment buildings right next to the Clariview LRT station, which is a 15-20 minute train ride to the UofA

Edit: And Clariview is probably the cheapest area with convinient access to the UofA, while being able to enjoy a fairly new apartment.

jaysas_63
07-07-2006, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by TrevorK

There are several apartment buildings right next to the Clariview LRT station, which is a 15-20 minute train ride to the UofA

Edit: And Clariview is probably the cheapest area with convinient access to the UofA, while being able to enjoy a fairly new apartment.

for around 800 you can find an apartment next to an LRT station in downtown....which is MUCH nicer than clarview....

clarview IMO is one of the worst areas of edmonton

edit: my place is a 2 bedroom, around 1000 sq. feet, around 1000/ per month...and is a few blocks from the leg., a block away from jasper, and about a 3 minute walk away from an LRT station (5 minute ride to the university)

i'm sure he can find something smaller for well under 800

Downtown is relatively cheap, close to the uni, and jasper, and has a much better reputation than clarview.

you could also live in a bachlor around the university, but you would get a much smaller place for the same coin.

TrevorK
07-11-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by jaysas_63

clarview IMO is one of the worst areas of edmonton

And you think downtown is better?

haha - that's funny.

me_dennis
07-30-2006, 04:51 PM
i've got a brand new condo <5 mins away from WEM.. 2 bedrooms, ~1000 sqft, 2 parking stalls.. PM me for full details

buh_buh
07-30-2006, 10:49 PM
You should check out Windsor Park Plaza. Its like a 5 minute walk to HUB, its pretty much on campus, and offer 1 BR suites for less than $1000 (not sure about availability though). They are probably the nicest apartments around the University area. I lived there first year and loved it, I just couldnt justify spending that much on rent when I could live in a house with some roommates for less than half the price.

HuMz
07-30-2006, 11:22 PM

And you think downtown is better?

haha - that's funny. [/B]

Downtown is much nicer....Clairview is by far one of the worst area's in the city.

Gondi Stylez
07-30-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by HuMz

Downtown is much nicer....Clairview is by far one of the worst area's in the city.

:werd: x1000000000 i live on jasper and its sweet as

BlackArcher101
07-30-2006, 11:46 PM
Look near the south end of town. Sure living downtown or whyte is great, but if he is looking for peace and quiet, then most likely not the greatest choice.

I'm near Blue Quill/Heritage and for me, it's a 10-15 minute drive to the university. Straight up 111st.

TrevorK
07-31-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by HuMz

Clariview is much more hooker/drug free than Central / Downtown Edmonton.

jaysas_63
07-31-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
You should check out Windsor Park Plaza. Its like a 5 minute walk to HUB, its pretty much on campus, and offer 1 BR suites for less than $1000 (not sure about availability though). They are probably the nicest apartments around the University area. I lived there first year and loved it, I just couldnt justify spending that much on rent when I could live in a house with some roommates for less than half the price.

yea, windsor is a very nice building but grossly over priced, you can rent in other apartments right next to windsor for substantially less

Clariview is much more hooker/drug free than Central / Downtown Edmonton.

all i know is that clariview has a terrible rep, i've heard nothing but bad things from friends, family that lives in edm, and realtors.