PDA

View Full Version : RSX Interiors

white_insomnia
07-03-2006, 09:40 PM
Hey anyone else notice the Front Black Leather seats in the 03 RSX's are made from SHIT, i dunno i've replaced mine 3 times on warrenty and i just did again 3 months ago and yeap the black color is pealing off again!

Anyone else have this same problem?

90Tegra
07-03-2006, 10:07 PM
dat sux, i suggest u sell this set and buy some recaro, buddy clubs ect..

A2VR6
07-04-2006, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by white_insomnia
Hey anyone else notice the Front Black Leather seats in the 03 RSX's are made from SHIT, i dunno i've replaced mine 3 times on warrenty and i just did again 3 months ago and yeap the black color is pealing off again!

Anyone else have this same problem?

It's been well documented that the leather on the 02-04's wear quickly. I believe for the 05+ they switched to a different kind and that it isnt supposed to wear as quick. I dunno, mine looks fine to me.

HRD2PLZ
07-04-2006, 08:33 AM
I have a friend that had her RSX seats replaced a few times. She eventually just got so fed up always fighting with Acura that she got rid of the car.

4doorj
07-04-2006, 08:37 AM
i dont know if this is true or not... but i heard the only real leather is in the center part... the rest of it is fake leather..... im probably wrong thourgh

my 04 didnt wear out fast... but i fit into them perfectly

spyce
07-04-2006, 09:43 AM
yea..the people on clubrsx have complained about the leather on the seats wearing out or cracking very easily on the 02-04 models
the 05's are suppose to have better leather though

if you can get them to replace them under warrenty..could you ask for the 05 seats?

benyl
07-04-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by 4doorj
i dont know if this is true or not... but i heard the only real leather is in the center part... the rest of it is fake leather..... im probably wrong thourgh

my 04 didnt wear out fast... but i fit into them perfectly

You are correct.

There are very few full leather cars around now. The BMW is full Montana leather throughout... even on the door panels. It was an expensive option that could have been done without. My accord had leather on only the parts taht actually touched your body.

heavyD
07-04-2006, 01:35 PM
It sounds more pimp to have leather but in reality a good cloth seat will always rule.

BTW: I thought Honda's were impervious to quality issues?

A2VR6
07-04-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
It sounds more pimp to have leather but in reality a good cloth seat will always rule.

:werd: i would take my seats in cloth over leather any day of the week.

arian_ma
07-04-2006, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by A2VR6

:werd: i would take my seats in cloth over leather any day of the week.

Wanna trade? :poosie:
My seats and yours are very easy to switch!

guessboi
07-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Leather needs to be maintained regularly. cloth does not. :D

bspot
07-04-2006, 07:23 PM
You should see the shit ass GM leather in my car. It looks TERRIBLE on the drivers seat after just one year. I would have gotten cloth if I could. The Recaros weren't an option in Canada when I got mine :'(

rc2002
07-04-2006, 07:24 PM

Problem is there isn't many good quality cloth seats especially when Japanese manufacturers are concerned. Other than a select few higher end and sporty cars, most seats feel (and look like) econobox seats.

My cousin had her seats replaced under warranty as well. I guess Honda cheaped out on the initial production run of RSX's.

Deetz
07-04-2006, 08:39 PM
Its a fact that only the very middle section is the only part that is made of real leather. Its the side bolsters that always wear out on people from getting in/out, which are made of the fake stuff that wears prematuely.

The easiest fix is an up grade in the seat cover itself. Katzkin makes some high quality replacements for example :eek:
http://www.katzkin.com/05/FC/mainFS.html

infected
07-04-2006, 10:37 PM
I'd take leather over cloth anyday. Real leather FTW :)

white_insomnia
07-04-2006, 11:45 PM
See thats my problem,

its the center part of the bottom side on the leather that is wearing quickly although my passenger side is wearing on the side bolsters but ya

wtb
07-06-2006, 10:28 PM
how easy is it to get honda to replace leather seats? i mean, if i have cracking a visible wear, will they replace that?

cloud7
07-06-2006, 10:56 PM
the best thing to do is to maintain them regularly with a good leather conditioner... even though the side bolsters are not made of real leather, I find Lexol work quite well on them (go figures...). I try to condition them at least once every couple of months.

HRD2PLZ
07-07-2006, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by infected
I'd take leather over cloth anyday. Real leather FTW :)

:werd: None of our vehicles have cloth... can't stand cloth. I think leather is easier to maintain... and it just looks :bigpimp:

4doorj
07-07-2006, 08:28 AM
i like leather better:thumbsup:
even if its kinda fake:D

heavyD
07-07-2006, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ

:werd: None of our vehicles have cloth... can't stand cloth. I think leather is easier to maintain... and it just looks :bigpimp:

What are you talking about? All you have to do with cloth is vacuum it. You need to constantly condition leather and anything with an edge will scar the surface & leather wears & cracks while cloth will only fade over time. Plus leather is cold in the winter & hot in the summer. Cloth holds you better also. How many leather racing seats do you see?:rolleyes:

HRD2PLZ
07-07-2006, 09:05 AM

What are you talking about? All you have to do with cloth is vacuum it. You need to constantly condition leather and anything with an edge will scar the surface & leather wears & cracks while cloth will only fade over time. Plus leather is cold in the winter & hot in the summer. Cloth holds you better also. How many leather racing seats do you see?:rolleyes:

All I do is give my seats a qucik wipe. No rips, tears, cracks or scars in any of our vehicles. Perforated leather doesn't get hot and heated seats work wonders in the winter. Black leather is the worst, but grey or beige are fine. Never looked for racing seats, I have no need for them. I agree that cloth holds a person better, but it comes down to personal preference. Apparently you like cloth and I like leather :dunno:

4doorj
07-07-2006, 12:02 PM
i like leather because i have dogs... dog hairs you just wipe away on leather

EnRich
07-07-2006, 12:46 PM
theres a reason leather is more expensive.... plus cars with leather are big :bigpimp: