PDA

View Full Version : VW mechanics/shops?

raceman6135
07-03-2006, 10:39 PM
Hey everyone:

My friend has an old Jetta (about a 1991) and she's having some trouble with it hesitating and also down on power. I'm not going to have much time to look at it myself, plus VW's are not really my thing (I'm a domestic guy).

Are there any VW techs on this site, or any shops you'd recommend, or NOT recommend? She's worried about getting ripped off because (a) she's a woman, and (b) it may take some troubleshooting to find out exactly what's wrong.

I've tried searching the forums, but was looking for more opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Darrin

DeeK
07-03-2006, 10:47 PM
Mike's auto repair in marda loop is a good place for VW. They have done countless repairs for me. and for a good price. The owner can be a bit hard to deal with sometimes tho.

Northland VW, I used to work there, and they wont take her for a ride. however, it is a dealership and dealership prices.

With VW, I would recommend sticking to ONLY VW shops.. I have found that if they dont specialize in VW, they tend to overprice parts, and their labour takes longer.. etc etc..

dankish1
07-03-2006, 10:52 PM
do not go to accalamed(sp?)

AllGoNoShow
07-03-2006, 11:07 PM
What part of town does she live in?

There is a very populator German shop in Mardaloop always doing VW's and other euros, I can try and find a name for you.

Let me know what part of town she is in, I can find a good shop around her area probably.

Not to mention Alpine Autoworks is very good as well.

EDIT: Deek beat me, stupid pos laptop.

snatch
07-04-2006, 06:35 PM
montgomery autos good

Steve-O 00
07-05-2006, 12:53 AM
just go to the dearlerships there labour is high but they stand by there warrenties and i think you have more recourse if something goes wrong.

I work in a truck dealership and besides they are trained on just those cars well it is there main field of experties :thumbsup:

nonsane
07-05-2006, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by DeeK
Mike's auto repair in marda loop is a good place for VW. They have done countless repairs for me. and for a good price. The owner can be a bit hard to deal with sometimes tho.

I took my car there for an inspection, and he had no idea what he was talking about.

They took the car for a test drive said it was all over the road.(i test drove it first and it is really smoothe)
They failed the front tires on the inspection even though they had plenty of tread and were DOT approved.

He gave a pile of recommendations that i later checked out and found them to be incorrect.

Didn't use proper names for parts either.
"Tranny side seals leaking"
"suspension leaks"

DeeK
07-05-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by nonsane

I took my car there for an inspection, and he had no idea what he was talking about.

They took the car for a test drive said it was all over the road.(i test drove it first and it is really smoothe)
They failed the front tires on the inspection even though they had plenty of tread and were DOT approved.

He gave a pile of recommendations that i later checked out and found them to be incorrect.

Didn't use proper names for parts either.
"Tranny side seals leaking"
"suspension leaks"

hmm.. weird, I have never had any bad experiences from there.

ls/vtec-crx
07-05-2006, 11:59 AM
Tune Dub Inc.
4321-1st SE
238-8633
Ask for George

Best guy in town for VW and Audi stuff! Does bumper to bumper service. He worked at Northland VW for a long time. He does custom performance stuff too.

nismodrifter
07-05-2006, 12:04 PM
^YES!

DeeK
07-05-2006, 01:08 PM
I've also heard from a few other of my Corrado enthusiast buddies, that Dennis at "2 square auto" is AWESOME for VW's and they dont trust their car anywhere else.