PDA

View Full Version : Hideo Kojima speaks out.

deadsoulasis
07-04-2006, 09:27 AM
Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima and Square-Enix's Tetsuya Nomura both believe PlayStation 3 will be the best outlet for their games in two or three years' time.Xbox 360 was not sufficent enough to deliever on what I desired to be.

Speaking in an interview with Japanese Ge-Maga, partly translated by IGN, Kojima, who has been a staunch supporter of PS3 since its unveiling in May 2005, compared the Sony console to a movie theatre - while Xbox 360 "is watching a DVD at home" and "Wii is a television program".
"If you think about the future of the industry and game creators, I get the feeling that the winner had better be the movie theatre," he said.

Nomura, meanwhile, was less flamboyant in his praise but backed Sony nonetheless.
"Thinking two to three years from now, the PS3 will be the most appropriate," he said. "We feel that when the games that we're making are released, the PS3 will be strong in the market."

Xtrema
07-04-2006, 09:30 AM
Much needed PR from the Sony camp.

But in 2-3 years, MS will release Xbox 720 (or whatever) and make all these wasted time on developing full potential games for PS3 seems silly.

deadsoulasis
07-04-2006, 09:33 AM
acually in 2-3 years Microsoft will have the portable handheld Xbox?there working on(whatever its called,and now I could say Microsoft is coping sony just as so many like to do on here*lol*)

:drama:

Xtrema
07-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by deadsoulasis
acually in 2-3 years Microsoft will have the portable handheld Xbox?there working on(whatever its called,and now I could say Microsoft is coping sony just as so many like to do on here*lol*)

:drama:

Not 2-3 years, most likely Christmas of 2007/Spring of 08, right at the mid-life of 360.

Having an entry into a platform is not copying. Offering the same functions and unique/exclusive features, is copying. Know the difference?

By your logic, PSP is just a copy of Gameboy or Ipod.

MS want a piece of the Ipod/Itunes pie and Xbox portable is probably one of many soliders in this war. Sony isn't the really the target for this one.

How many people you see with PSP vs people with Ipods? Sony is the small fly in this space.

deadsoulasis
07-04-2006, 10:09 AM
I have a PSP(and external 120 gig drive for it)...and IPods are a waste of money
No homebrew,no devhook...(cant talk about that here though im sure) but that in itself ...is reason enough for me

I know you love me Xtrema *giggles*

Ipod's are just a fad ...I had a nano and threw it in the garbage

eblend
07-04-2006, 10:17 AM
Sony = Hype + Underdelivery

What else is new

deadsoulasis
07-04-2006, 10:18 AM
well Gears of War on 360 is pretty hyped ...as is Halo 3

millions of things are hyped

deadsoulasis
07-04-2006, 10:32 AM
But ...as for the whole console war deal ....
The only real war behind the scenes is who makes the most money off of you .....Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo

Cause thats what all companys [acually] care about is who is gullable enough to believe all our ad's....who is dumb enough to shell out money for this (im a dumb one *lol*)...and thats all it boils down to in the end ....from a marketing stand point ...but I forgot ...im a fanboy ..

I dont know anything though ...oh and im delusional...supposely