PDA

View Full Version : Derdall Designs still in business?

bengoh
07-04-2006, 02:14 PM
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone knows if Derdall Designs Mobile Electronics is still in business? I tried calling them on the phone listed (255-0474) but the phone announcement says that the number is no longer in service.

I have some warranty related information to ask them for the Compustar 2-way remote that they installed for me last year.

Anyone knows if this is still a good contact to reach them?

Derdall Designs Mobile Electronics
Unit 1 - 2121, 39th Ave NE
T2E 6R7
403-255-0474
[email protected]

Envitro
07-04-2006, 02:15 PM
yes.. they are.. in fact I'm going to see Ryan today. He's helping me with a tough install.

bengoh
07-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Hi,

Do you know what's the other phone number to contact Ryan? not sure they are in the middle of office move or changing phone service?

Can you share their new business phone # please? Thanks a lot!

DoubleLP
07-07-2006, 04:28 PM
I am not going to say anything because I believe that he is still a sponsor on here for one, and two, I was taught that if I can't something nice, don't say anything at all.

Hash_man
07-07-2006, 06:14 PM
^^ I think that if you have had a problem with a shop, especially if its a sponsor, people should know about it.

DoubleLP
07-07-2006, 08:33 PM
Well as long as I won't get banned or something....I will definetely say what needs to be said.

I will put it this way for you......I used to work for the guy....and I saw first hand the s**t he tried to pull. Putting cheap stereo equipment into someones car and charging them for better equipment. Or he would put in a used remote starter/alarm and charge the customer for a new one. I can't tell you how many times customers would come back and have to get things fixed.

And lately he screwed my current boss over BIG TIME. Charged stuff onto my bosses credit card numerous times over the last couple of months without my boss knowing.

Also when people would order stuff, he would say that it will be about a week. They would call a week later and he would said he did not have it yet, but it should be there soon. So the next week the customer calls, same story. And that would keep going on for sometimes months at a time. And then the customer would come back wanting to get his money back, and he would say that he did not have it right now but to come back in a day or two. And he would keep lying to them about that etc.

Not cool at all. Plus when I was working for him, he barely paid me. Maybe...and I stress this...maybe $600/month at the most. And I had rent, car payment, insurance, and other bills to pay. Thankfully my parents are very generous and were more then willing to help me out.

I highly recommend NOT going to Derdall Designs. He can not be trusted....period.

And if this gets me banned then so be it.....I just feel that everyone should be aware of the s**t that he pulls.

jcrules99
07-07-2006, 08:46 PM
^^^ crazy....:drama:

DoubleLP
07-07-2006, 09:03 PM
I will give him his props in that he knows his s**t when it comes to electronics. Just some of the crap he has pulled has definitely opened my eyes.

bubbley
07-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by DoubleLP
I will give him his props in that he knows his s**t when it comes to electronics. Just some of the crap he has pulled has definitely opened my eyes.

DAMMIT!

I have to pick up my phoenix gold amp that was supposedly going to be sent into the manufacturer for replacement!

I dont no if u remember me i had that red civic you guys installed my poppers and audio..

Should make a trip down to Derdall to see whats going on with it, its been months and months..actually probably a year!

Now that i think of it i think u actually dropped me to chinook a couple of times while my car was being worked on!

rc2002
07-07-2006, 10:28 PM
My God.... I'm so glad I've never gone there for anything. That's exactly why I like to do car audio and alarms myself.

kenny
07-08-2006, 11:05 AM
Can we say, Disgruntled ex-employee? :rofl:

DoubleLP
07-08-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by bubbley

DAMMIT!

I have to pick up my phoenix gold amp that was supposedly going to be sent into the manufacturer for replacement!

I dont no if u remember me i had that red civic you guys installed my poppers and audio..

Should make a trip down to Derdall to see whats going on with it, its been months and months..actually probably a year!

Now that i think of it i think u actually dropped me to chinook a couple of times while my car was being worked on!

I DEFINITELY remember your car!! I did most of the work on it. :) Except for the doors....which as you know you were in more then once to get them adjusted.

I would seriously be looking to get your $$$ back for that amplifier. Knowing him he probably installed in someone else's vehicle.

DoubleLP
07-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by kenny

HAHAHA Yeah.....you would be too if you worked 40+ hours a week and got paid as little as I did. ;)

Weapon_R
07-08-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by kenny

Sounds exactly like it. Ryan and the guys at Derdall Designs walked me though an install, and even did some of the work, and they refused to take a penny for their help. Ryan took the better part of 45 minutes to help me out with some wiring and wouldn't even let me offer him some money for the help.

More importantly, isn't car audio installations commission based? If so, the only reason you would make $600 in a month is poor performance...

In short, whether or not they are Sponsors of beyond, I would not hesitate to take any car I owned to their shop for any car audio needs.

5hift
07-08-2006, 03:04 PM
This is nothing more than a pissed off ex employee. I've done business with Derdall Designs for 2 cars now, and both times they were nothing but professional and left me impressed. I'd go back without even looking at the competition.

DoubleLP
07-08-2006, 03:28 PM
Well that is fine guys........say what you want. I am not a "disgruntled" employee. I was not payed on commission.......so that has nothing to do with it. I am just telling you what I saw working there. But hey........if you want to take your car to him that is fine. I am not saying he screws everyone over, but when I saw what I did and what he did to my current boss do you expect me to just shrug it off?? Yeah.......I highly doubt that.

But like I said......do what you want.....I could care less if you go to him or not. But if something goes wrong......can't say I did not warn you.

Weapon_R
07-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Did you file a dispute with the labor board?

DoubleLP
07-08-2006, 06:27 PM
Nah........I just quit and got a better paying job. :)

I did enquire about it but I would have needed proof of payment and he never gave me a paystub. He basically just payed me "under the table". I asked him many times about giving me paystubs and he said he would, but I never saw any.

Honestly he is one of the smartest guys I know with electronics and he knows how to do his installs very well. It is just some of the other things that he did that caught my eye.

spyderman
07-09-2006, 04:12 AM

I will put it this way for you......I used to work for the guy....and I saw first hand the s**t he tried to pull. Putting cheap stereo equipment into someones car and charging them for better equipment. Or he would put in a used remote starter/alarm and charge the customer for a new one. I can't tell you how many times customers would come back and have to get things fixed.

I think I was a victim of this... I called them 2 weeks in advance to setup an appointment to have a compustar installed. So on the day I bring it in, they install a system for me and when I came to pick it up, I was told that they ran out of remote controls for the system but the brain that was installed was new and they would order a new remote. My compustar lasted a little over a year...

Also when people would order stuff, he would say that it will be about a week. They would call a week later and he would said he did not have it yet, but it should be there soon. So the next week the customer calls, same story. And that would keep going on for sometimes months at a time.

I had a similiar experience to this also. I had to bring my car back 4 times - a couple of times for the remote, and a couple times because they did poor work and couldn't correct the problem. I gave up after the fifth time when I showed up for an appointment and they closed shop that day for some reason but didn't even give me a call to save me a drive across the city. I had to bring my car back into the dealership to correct a problem they created but couldn't fix.

Also, my warranty for my installation was never mailed out to me, even though I was told 3 or 4 times it would... I sold my car already and could care less, but I just wanted to point out how poorly they conducted business...

I highly recommend NOT going to Derdall Designs. He can not be trusted....period.

I would never go back to this place. Their workmanship leaves much to be desired and the way they conduct business is very poor.

max_boost
07-09-2006, 04:22 AM
Wow that is a crappy deal. Spyderman is one of the most stand up guys I know so there is absolutely no reason for him to even exaggerate any part of his claim whatsoever.

DoubleLP
07-09-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by spyderman

I think I was a victim of this... I called them 2 weeks in advance to setup an appointment to have a compustar installed. So on the day I bring it in, they install a system for me and when I came to pick it up, I was told that they ran out of remote controls for the system but the brain that was installed was new and they would order a new remote. My compustar lasted a little over a year...

I had a similiar experience to this also. I had to bring my car back 4 times - a couple of times for the remote, and a couple times because they did poor work and couldn't correct the problem. I gave up after the fifth time when I showed up for an appointment and they closed shop that day for some reason but didn't even give me a call to save me a drive across the city. I had to bring my car back into the dealership to correct a problem they created but couldn't fix.

Also, my warranty for my installation was never mailed out to me, even though I was told 3 or 4 times it would... I sold my car already and could care less, but I just wanted to point out how poorly they conducted business...

I would never go back to this place. Their workmanship leaves much to be desired and the way they conduct business is very poor.

Not looking so "disgruntled" anymore now am I??

As for them not calling you or suddenly "closing shop", that does not surprise me either. Now he might have had the shop closed because he was out somewhere doing installs (at one of the dealerships he does work for). But as for him not answering phone calls.....little thing called Caller I.D. that he uses to screen his calls. Does it ALL the time with many customers he does not want to "deal with".

It is an honest shame the way he handles his buisness. He has a lot of potential to do very good......but for some reason he does not seem to want to do well or something else. Who knows.:dunno:

fester
07-09-2006, 11:39 AM

Also when people would order stuff, he would say that it will be about a week. They would call a week later and he would said he did not have it yet, but it should be there soon. So the next week the customer calls, same story. And that would keep going on for sometimes months at a time. And then the customer would come back wanting to get his money back, and he would say that he did not have it right now but to come back in a day or two. And he would keep lying to them about that etc.

man i wish this thread was made a year earlier. i had the exact experience. after 2 weeks of trying to get a new remote, i just stopped and wouldn't bother anymore cuz he kept wasting my time.
i wouldn't recommend going to these guys :thumbsdow

stevieo
07-09-2006, 12:46 PM
they did good on my compustar alarm/install, only knock is that I didn't get my second remote (1-way) he said he ran out and I could come back after Christmas holidays, I called, pm'd and nothing. but then again, I wasn't really 'needing it'
its more of the "it comes with this and this" but I didn't recieve it all.

I mean they took a little longer than they quoted me, but they charged me the same price, and made sure all the connections ect were done correctly before they let me take my car home.

WWJAI
07-09-2006, 12:49 PM
How do you run out of remotes when the box comes with all the components brand new and ready for the buyer?...sounds fishy to me.

sabad66
07-09-2006, 12:56 PM
I also had an excellent experience with them. Installed the 1 way starter in my car and it was done within 3 hrs and no problems 1.5 years so far.

fordo_11
07-09-2006, 01:07 PM
I will back him up, I had tail lights ordered through them and they screwed it up three times trying to give me the same (wrong) pair over and over again, four months later I just ordered them elsewhere. He also was supposed to order undercar lights for my car that were being replaced and he ended up getting a cheap ass set that couldn't even come close to what I originally had. They also did the wiring of some electronics in my car, and the interior lights stoped working after a week.

I also went to try and track him down to get them fixed but I can't find them either, I think I might just take my stuff somewhere else so that it is actually done right this time. I also wouldn't recommend dealing with these guys :thumbsdow

DoubleLP
07-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by WWJAI
How do you run out of remotes when the box comes with all the components brand new and ready for the buyer?...sounds fishy to me.

Sadly it happened a lot. Honestly he would have a customer coming in, would not have the money to buy the system for them, either buy a cheaper version or try to put one together with spare parts that were around the shop.

And there was one occassion that a customer left there car for three days because he kept calling the customer telling them that there were "issues" with the install. But what was really happening is that he did not have the remote system and could not afford to get it until another customer paid for their work that was done.

He was busy........I just had no idea where the money went. Needless to say he sucks with handling money and that affects the way he handles customers.

DoubleLP
07-09-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by fordo_11
I will back him up, I had tail lights ordered through them and they screwed it up three times trying to give me the same (wrong) pair over and over again, four months later I just ordered them elsewhere. He also was supposed to order undercar lights for my car that were being replaced and he ended up getting a cheap ass set that couldn't even come close to what I originally had. They also did the wiring of some electronics in my car, and the interior lights stoped working after a week.

I also went to try and track him down to get them fixed but I can't find them either, I think I might just take my stuff somewhere else so that it is actually done right this time. I also wouldn't recommend dealing with these guys :thumbsdow

I would recommend going somewhere else that is a lot more reliable. You will get the work done and hopefully not have any issues.

88CRX
07-09-2006, 05:16 PM

Sadly it happened a lot. Honestly he would have a customer coming in, would not have the money to buy the system for them, either buy a cheaper version or try to put one together with spare parts that were around the shop.

And there was one occassion that a customer left there car for three days because he kept calling the customer telling them that there were "issues" with the install. But what was really happening is that he did not have the remote system and could not afford to get it until another customer paid for their work that was done.

He was busy........I just had no idea where the money went. Needless to say he sucks with handling money and that affects the way he handles customers.

I've never personally had work done their but that sounds exactly like what he pulled on a 2 occasions with buddies.

It's always gonna be done tomorrow but really that means a week.

DoubleLP
08-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Well I see he posted somewhere else on here that he is selling stuff to clean out his garage.

Maybe he needs a payment for the corvette. :D

lexis
08-02-2006, 05:45 PM
I had pretty much the same experience as well. Lies and not returning calls. Everything was fine when he saw my car and the money i was spending, then all downhill from there, poor quality install backed with even worse customer service:thumbsdow

My advice:

PM wrxer1
I was recommended by a friend with an amazimg system about this guy. He is a certified audio installer and did an awseome job on my lexus IS300 system. In a weekend, he installed 3 amps, 2 subs, 4 speakers, and molded a fibreglass enclosure for my subs.
Best of all he was 1/2 of what those crappy audio stores quoted me.
Highly recommended:thumbsup:

Gurpy
08-02-2006, 07:38 PM
^ I'll vouch for wrxer1 too, great guy who definately knows what he's doing. Will definately call him when I get a new car to do the audio on it.

DoubleLP
08-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Definetely something to think about! Thanks! :thumbsup:

streetdreams
08-09-2006, 10:38 AM
has any one got a hold of these guys my alarm is screwed and been waiting over a year for a new remote. any way i can get a hold of them or is there any one else that can just fix it.

DoubleLP
08-09-2006, 10:40 AM
What kind of alarm? Compustar? If so....Visions I believe can look at it for you.

carzcraz
08-09-2006, 08:12 PM
This is the new location of Derdall Designs

Unit I, 2121 39th Ave NE

Contact #:

464-7926

Hope this helps

:thumbsup:

dam_guy
08-09-2006, 11:40 PM
I was going to bring my bro's car back to them to get the alarm reprogrammed because it stopped working. but after reading through this thread, it doesn't seem like a good idea bringing it back to them.

Can anyone help me reprogram the alarm?

DoubleLP
08-10-2006, 07:55 AM
What kind of alarm is it?

dam_guy
08-10-2006, 08:40 AM
I believe its a 1W900FM-AS.
Just a basic one-way alarm and start up.

Thing is, I've tried following the instruction manual to reprogram it, but with no luck.

DoubleLP
08-10-2006, 08:41 AM
Are you trying to reprogram the remote for it?

dam_guy
08-10-2006, 08:55 AM
:confused: sorry, this is not really my stuff.

same remote, just alarm isn't working.
to me, it seems like it's stuck in valet mode, since the only thing that works is lock/unlock.

DoubleLP
08-10-2006, 09:08 AM
Well to get in and out of valet mode you press the two buttons on the left (the unlock/lock button and the trunk button) for 1/2 a second at the same time.

If that does not work, you will have to go under the dash and look for the brain for the unit. Unplug the big wire harness, let it sit for a minute or two, then plug it back in.

That should help you out and get everything fixed.