PDA

View Full Version : Clutch pedal problems

messiah0
07-04-2006, 05:22 PM
My clutch pedal has been acting up lately. I drove to the store and everything was fine. But on my way back home the clutch pedal, after being depressed down, will only come back half way to the orginal position. I have to use my toe to flick it back up. The clutch fully engages and I can drive around with the pedal half way down if I wanted to. Just before I got home I down shifted into second and the pedal got stuck half way like it has been but this time it got sucked back all the way down to the floor. I parked my car and check the clutch fluid which was full. The next day I tired pushing the clutch pedal with the car turned off and as I got half way down the pedal gets sucked down the rest of the way. When the clutch gets pushed in the clutch fluid level goes up and when the clutch is released the fluid goes down. Is my master clutch cylinder bad or is it my secondary clutch cylinder? If its one or the other should I replace both at the time?

Thanks for any help.

Ek9Max
07-04-2006, 05:47 PM
try bleeding your clutch first. (which sucks)

jvillain
07-04-2006, 09:42 PM
Check for leaks around both cylinders first.

Then after that I agree with Max bleed the clutch. But make sure you have atleast 3 cans of brake fluid available and see if you can borrow a mighty vac or some thing else to help you with bleeding the clutch. Bleeding the clutch is 1000 times harder than bleeding the brakes. It shouldn't be but for some reason it is.

thinmyster
07-05-2006, 07:50 AM
yep when i did mine it took a long ass time. you'll need at least one other guy to make things go smoothly