PDA

View Full Version : Sega finally talks .........

deadsoulasis
07-04-2006, 06:39 PM
"There is the fact that VF4 had already been released on the PS2, but another big reason is that the [arcade technology] Lindbergh and PS3 GPUs are both from NVIDIA, so the technical barriers are low. Also, VF5 is tuned to the limits of the Lindbergh's capabilities, so multiplatform development would have been difficult," he said.

Some of you may not understand the importance of this.. But, Sega pretty much said that the PS3 is the number 1! Even trying to attempt to port the game onto any other system would have resulted in poor performance.

/end quote (Kami Sujesi from Sega of Japan)

sputnik
07-04-2006, 06:43 PM
You just wont stop with the PS3 fanboy-ism will you?

We all know what happened to Sega and their platforms.

deadsoulasis
07-04-2006, 06:49 PM
Im a nintendo/xbox/sony fanboy ...but ill try

GQBalla
07-04-2006, 07:35 PM
looks pretty decent - the only thing good from sega was dreamcast!!!

403Gemini
07-05-2006, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
looks pretty decent - the only thing good from sega was dreamcast!!!

id argue that... i would say the genesis is the best thing from sega ;)

also that doesnt look any better than DoA on xbox right now

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2006/003/reviews/928260_20051229_screen007.jpg

robpark
07-05-2006, 12:10 AM
He didn't say the PS3 was the best, he said that the code the game runs on is designed for the Lindbergh platform which is close to the PS3 technology. It is programmed to push the NVidia technology in the platforms to the limits and in order to get it to work well on other systems would require to recode the game.

So the PS3 isn't better, it's just a bitch to program for and altering the code to make it work on a different system would be a pain in the ass....

eblend
07-05-2006, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by robpark
He didn't say the PS3 was the best, he said that the code the game runs on is designed for the Lindbergh platform which is close to the PS3 technology. It is programmed to push the NVidia technology in the platforms to the limits and in order to get it to work well on other systems would require to recode the game.

So the PS3 isn't better, it's just a bitch to program for and altering the code to make it work on a different system would be a pain in the ass....
exactly, and the same goes the other way around. Anyone who spend the time programming for the 360 wouldn't bother to program for the ps3 cuz they have to recode the whole game

deadsoulasis
07-05-2006, 10:55 AM
acually I talked to a Ubisoft programmer (who will remain nameless) who I know and is my friend in europe

PS3 its getting easier to program on and use more then 360 code compiler/assembly...

Thats from a guy who did the movement animations on Splinter Cell