PDA

View Full Version : New CPS tricks

5hift
07-05-2006, 01:17 PM
I've seen countless cars pulled over by this guy in the last few days so I thought I'd give the heads up.

At the intersection of Bow Trail and 69 st SW where all the construction is as you are coming into Calgary. It's a 50 zone now, but everyone is so used to going 90+ there, that no one slows down. This guy is using a police ford explorer that he pulls over, turns on the warning blinkers and opens the trunk hatch all the way. Coming up from behind, because the hatch is lifted you dont see police decals, the sirens on the roof, or any markings that would let you know its a police truck and it just looks like a construction workers truck or someone fixing a flat.

And he is getting EVERYONE going even a bit over. I was going exactly 50 with a bunch of cars tailgaiting me like crazy because no one knew, and the guy right behind me got pulled over even though with me infront of him it would have been impossible to go more than 10 over.

B17a
07-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Which direction? West or eastbound? I drive there everyday. Thanks for the heads up.:thumbsup:

5hift
07-05-2006, 01:26 PM
Whoops I guess that would help, its eastbound Bow Trail, just before the lights at 69th.

JAYMEZ
07-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Ill make sure i dont speed there today lol , i go that way everyday too.

Xtrema
07-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
I was going exactly 50 with a bunch of cars tailgaiting me like crazy because no one knew, and the guy right behind me got pulled over even though with me infront of him it would have been impossible to go more than 10 over.

Would love to drive around in the area just to see tailgaters get pulled off. hahaha

Cops love construction zones. But leave hatch up for cover is a new one.

Vagabond142
07-05-2006, 01:34 PM
They also have special tricks they're using at Crowchild and Sarcee NW. Going eastbound the usual trick is the same truck with gate up in the very far right hand shoulder (across the ramp) with a couple of cruisers a kilometer or so down the road. Westbound, there's usually a bike cop in the pyloned area in teh leftmost lane, because most speeders are in the left lane down that stretch. I always got a couple kph below the limit along that stretch, both ways, and I have seen at times 5 cars at a time pulled over going either way.

Cash cow, that section is :D

5hift
07-05-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Would love to drive around in the area just to see tailgaters get pulled off. hahaha

:werd:

For this stretch of Bow Trail, the speed limit goes from 80 to 50 pretty quickly. You think soccer moms would catch on to why the prelude in front of them that was going 20 over the limit for the last 10 kms is suddenly going exactly the speed limit.

5hift
07-05-2006, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
Ill make sure i dont speed there today lol , i go that way everyday too.

Yah living around there, I usually see your car... err get passed by your car on a regular basis.