PDA

View Full Version : U OF C study areas during spring/summer

jaysas_63
07-05-2006, 02:20 PM
Hey guys,

i'm comming back home for a week, and have to keep studying for my chem 303 course (online) and DAT prep.

i hate sudying behind a cubicle in a dead library, i need a relatively busy area, with tables, lots of people, and mabye some food vendors close by.

i usually study in the students union bulding @ the U of A, and love it, i was wondering if any U of C students could tell me a comparable place on your campus.

Also, which parking lots are the best place to park, in terms of proximity, safty, and price.

i really appreciate the help:thumbsup:

toyboy88
07-05-2006, 02:56 PM
well if you looking for relatively busy area with alot of tables and food places during summer mac student hall is your best bet.

it's the building marked MSC on this map..
http://www.ucalgary.ca/map/campus_main_Large.html

nismodrifter
07-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Yeah Mac Hall is probably the most comparable thing to SUB. Mac Hall is probably busier than SUB though but maybe not so much since it is summer time. I know during regular session it's just nuts in there.

heinz256
07-06-2006, 08:38 AM
ICT isnt bad

Pihsiak
07-06-2006, 11:48 AM
If you want quiet and close to parking, I use the Management building (Donno what the hell or who they renamed it to)
It's close to Lot 32 for parking.
I use the syndicate rooms, small meeting rooms.
there are usually 6 rooms that are unlocked

jaysas_63
07-06-2006, 02:25 PM
thanks guys :thumbsup:.......greatly appreciate the replys

aklalani
07-06-2006, 03:23 PM
basement floor of library. lots of people but still quiet and tons of table along with vending machines just up the stairs

jaysas_63
07-06-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by aklalani
basement floor of library. lots of people but still quiet and tons of table along with vending machines just up the stairs

which library...where on campus?

Eleanor
07-06-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by jaysas_63

which library...where on campus?

MacKimmie, the big one. It's just west of Mac Hall. Another good place to study is the greek garden in the administration building.

okayplyer
07-07-2006, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by heinz256
ICT isnt bad

lol ICT is the WORST!!

heinz256
07-07-2006, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by okayplyer

lol ICT is the WORST!!

Did you read the guy's post??

He said he wants to be in a relatively busy area with food vendors....How is it that bad??

okayplyer
07-07-2006, 10:34 AM
Oh, nm then. I thought he was looking for a quiet place to study. Still, ICT is not good for anything. It's always too cold, really uncomfortable prison bar seats, bad food, bad lighting, and no hotties. Only reason to stay in ICT for longer than 5 mins is if you're taking a dump in one of the clean bathrooms.

Which brings me to my next point. Where is the cleanliest and quietest place on campus to take a huge dump?

Schwa
07-07-2006, 08:27 PM
Not sure about cleanest, but engineering has so many unfrequented bathrooms for your dumping needs.

okayplyer
07-07-2006, 10:21 PM
Speaking of campus restrooms, have you ever wound up pissing in an urinal right next to a respected prof of yours? AWKWARD! And its especially weird when they sorta know you. Its like, should you say something? "So...leakin' the ol' Johnson, eh?"

With all their smarts you'd think they'd have already invented a way to avoid the tedious and mundane tasks of life such as urinating.

Mo Squared
07-19-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by okayplyer
Speaking of campus restrooms, have you ever wound up pissing in an urinal right next to a respected prof of yours? AWKWARD! And its especially weird when they sorta know you. Its like, should you say something? "So...leakin' the ol' Johnson, eh?"

With all their smarts you'd think they'd have already invented a way to avoid the tedious and mundane tasks of life such as urinating.

LOL that happened to me before at the med school..after we were done our thing and headed to the sink to wash our hands, just kinda gave him the nod and a "hows it going" didnt really want to look over at him while we were pissing, u know gotta follow the sacred rules

Mo Squared
07-19-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Eleanor

MacKimmie, the big one. It's just west of Mac Hall. Another good place to study is the greek garden in the administration building.

Its called the atrium, if u call it the greek garden to anyone on campus they will look and you and laugh