PDA

View Full Version : Ipod/Itunes makes money?Dam Bill gates lets 'Jump In' on that

deadsoulasis
07-06-2006, 10:42 AM
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=9967

Xtrema
07-06-2006, 10:47 AM
This is getting interesting. Video Ipod is getting delayed til 2007. If MS can get in by Xmas, they may be able to build some momentum.

But Ipod is the 700lb gorilla here, not easy to take shares away.

deadsoulasis
07-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Xtrema:But Ipod is the 700lb gorilla here, not easy to take shares away.

I have to agree ..but if Micrsoft is smart ..they better add the 'right' codec's for the video ..thats what people want ..or maybe thats me ....

Still not brave enough to bet on that November PS3 date though huh? *giggling*

deadsoulasis
07-06-2006, 04:30 PM
Engadget have some blurry pics sent in from an unkown source regarding Microsoft's 'iPod killer'. The pictures were reportedly taken from a place where it is believed Microsoft ware filming a commercial for the product...

An anonymous tipster sent us a bunch of pictures he shot last night from the outside of the Saturn Cafe in Santa Cruz. While we don't normally toss up random pics we get in the tip jar, this guy claims the pics depict the filming of a commercial of a possible "iPod killer" from Microsoft. We can't vouch for the validity of this, or for this guy's camera steadying abilities, but there does appear to be something going on here. The device's screen ratio reminds us of the Gigabeat S, so Portable Media Center seems likely. Keep reading for even more nauseatingly blurry pictures of the device.
http://www.maxconsole.net

Nissanaddict
07-07-2006, 04:42 PM
wtf...damn good thing that guy got banned. As far as portable media goes, I prefer the Creative Zen Vision. It plays MANY different file formats for video, plays MP3, WMA and probably a few others for audio, the screen has a lot more color depth (I think it's almost 3 times actually) The interface is great. The battery lasts twice as long for video, and the same for music (these are advertised figures....iPods have been reported to have terrible battery problems on a larger scale, I know 3 people with the same unit as me, and nobody has a problem yet). Great player.

SLK55
07-12-2006, 08:46 AM
^ Zen vision hmm, Ive been having my eye on that, thinking switching over from the nano. Is it worth it? Ive never seen on in real life to see how big it is, but I heard they are quite large. What kind of battery life are you getting out of it? Cause the 6-8 hour battery life Im getting out of my nano right now is just not cutting it. Plus I heard the Creatives have better sound.

AJL
07-12-2006, 08:52 AM
I love my 6gig Mini. Dont think i'll be changing anytime soon.

Nissanaddict
07-12-2006, 02:04 PM
The Creatives allegedly (according to their ads) claim to have the clearest sound coming out. It's larger (mostly the same, I think it's just wider) than the iPod video, but I still don't have any pant pockets it doesn't fit in. And I'm willing to make the size sacrifice to have much better video compatibility, a better screen, more compatible plugs (any smallUSB accessory such as a charger will work with it) a better screen, and a reliable battery. I get the advertised 14 hours for music on it.

Shaolin
07-13-2006, 07:39 AM
if I would've done it all over, I wouldn't of bought my 3rd gen IPOD and probably would've went with the Zen..

Nissanaddict
07-14-2006, 11:06 AM
The only thing I'm kicking myself for is that the iPod interfaces with like, every aftermarket deck, while the Zen interfaces with...none to my knowledge. The Pros of it definitely outweigh that con though.