PDA

View Full Version : Selling car, where to advertise?

Mr. Grinch
04-11-2003, 01:25 PM
It's time to sell the M3. I tried Auto-trader and did not get good results. I got a total of two calls, one from an interested buyer, and one from another company trying to sell me a web ad, greatcarsandtrucks.com.

To top it off, autotrader posted the wrong photo, both in the mag and on the web. After I complained, they said they'd put in the correct photo, and make it color for free. Second week came up, and they posted the wrong photo, still b&w too. Their customer service is horrible. I'm not looking forward to giving them more money after last time.

Any other recommendations? Ebay? Megawheels? Bargainfinder? Park it in a busy spot and put signs on it?

It's warmer now, so I'm hoping response will be better. If not, I guess I'll be visiting the dealer.

Stratus_Power
04-11-2003, 02:14 PM
woah selling already? so soon!

Mr. Grinch
04-11-2003, 02:31 PM
My financial situation has changed, and I don't mean for the better! Plus, I'm trying to lend some financial aid to family who aren't doing so hot. I'm managing OK but I can do a lot more if I sell the M3.

I really wish I could keep it but it's hard to justify in this situation (helping out family). It's been a great car. The one thing I'd change is next time I'd get SMG. I love the car and it's a blast to drive. But you have to be extremely disiplined where you push it if you don't want tickets. It's definately a target for the police. I've actually had police (the younger ones) pull up and glare or sneer at me while I'm sitting at a stoplight.

Right now I've got two vehicles so I've got to get it down to one. What would be ideal for me is the new WRX STi. But I don't like the sedan. If they come out with a wagon vesion of the STi at 300hp, then I'll have my deposit down ASAP.

max_boost
04-11-2003, 02:32 PM
How much are you selling it for? Maybe someone on Beyond might buy it....Did you list it in the marketplace yet?

Or perhaps check out www.e46fanatics.com

Megawheels is free

Mr. Grinch
04-11-2003, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the tip Max... I'll put it up here tomorrow.

Stratus_Power
04-11-2003, 04:41 PM
www.buysell.com might work

bol
04-11-2003, 05:01 PM
Yes, put it up here, try the trader, megawheels, can't think of the other ones

it's a damn nice car