PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of a 2002 Mustang GT Convertible??

mike_papps
07-06-2006, 10:58 PM
Hey guys.. looking to purchase a 2002 mustang gt convertible for 18000... its in mint shape with 80000k... just wondering what you guys think of them.. i really want a convertible and love the black.. id have to finance and love lower payments so id have to go newer but not to new.. thats why i chose the 02.. any idea's or is this a good car?? never owned anything other then imports really.. wanna switch to a nice hp beefier car... and love the styling of the stang...

NickGT
07-06-2006, 11:35 PM
I just traded in my 2002 GT Convertible.

http://members.shaw.ca/cyrus08/rear.jpg

It was a great car and a blast to drive. I'd still be driving it, but the deal on my current 2005 GT coupe was to good to pass up.

I drove the convertible year round, no problems. Anything else you wanna know?

AllGoNoShow
07-06-2006, 11:40 PM
why does it mattter mike, all u do is buy and then sell them later

mike_papps
07-06-2006, 11:43 PM
haha true enough... but this one i might end up keeping.. its not low enough money to flip and make mony with... thats why its a hard choice.. haha.. i know the engine hase 260hp and like 300ft lbs of tq... should be rather fun to drive.. just wondering if im getting a good deal or what?

NickGT
07-06-2006, 11:54 PM
Sounds like a good deal. As long as its mint. I found a comparable 2002 GT for sale on canadatrader.com and it was priced at 23K. Which is way to much in my opinion.

Any idea what options it has? Leather? Upgraded Stereo? Bullitt wheels?

mike_papps
07-06-2006, 11:58 PM
its the gt version convertible.. 6 disc changer.. fully loaded with leather.. dont know about any of the quirky options that it would have... i have never owned a ford.. haha.. it has a winter set of wheels.. havent seen them.. and the same set thats on your blue one in the picture...

NickGT
07-07-2006, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by mike_papps
its the gt version convertible.. 6 disc changer.. fully loaded with leather.. dont know about any of the quirky options that it would have... i have never owned a ford.. haha.. it has a winter set of wheels.. havent seen them.. and the same set thats on your blue one in the picture...

Sounds pretty nice. Good luck with your decision. :burnout:

mike_papps
07-07-2006, 12:04 AM
im just iffy because buying a used one the lowest rate im gonna get is 8%... buying new i could get a way better rate.. but different cars all together..

infected
07-07-2006, 12:08 AM
Wow that sounds like a killer deal!! It's a fun car, too bad my knee is up against the steering column or else I wouldn't mind rolling around in one.

mike_papps
07-07-2006, 12:49 AM
haha sounds like i might check it out... they said i might be able to do a lease still on this car... might check that out too...

4doorj
07-07-2006, 08:32 AM
sounds nice!
get it!
plus having a vert is awsome:thumbsup:

mike_papps
07-08-2006, 09:55 PM
how bout the v6.. still 200 hp but like 7 grand less and still in vert.... any good?

jcrules99
07-08-2006, 10:01 PM
gt or go home man!

haha, i love the gt's at work, normal ones dont even compare to it

Tik-Tok
07-08-2006, 10:11 PM
how bout the v6.. still 200 hp but like 7 grand less and still in vert.... any good?

6'ers are alright, but if you're going to eventually want more power, I'd stick with the V8. 7 large in mods will pass the HP and TQ of a V8, but then you're done, nothing left. Spend the initial 7 grand to get the extra power, and you still have lots of room to play with before you hit the max the engine can take.

mike_papps
07-08-2006, 11:09 PM
wel the only think im thinking is the payments are 400/m with the gt... and 300 for the v6.... insurance will be way less too...

BerserkerCatSplat
07-09-2006, 12:09 AM
Don't bother with the V6, you'll find yourself lusting after the V8 power in a very short space of time!

mike_papps
07-09-2006, 12:03 PM
hmmmm... haha... damn you guys... im trying to think rational but i know i love the hp... just not the money... blah...

atomic
07-09-2006, 01:05 PM
hmmmm... haha... damn you guys... im trying to think rational but i know i love the hp... just not the money... blah...
lol well... what if i told u that the v6 is bought by more girls. and the guys always by the gt.

mike_papps
07-10-2006, 07:55 PM
haha.... thats probably true... any way.. heres the deal..

V6 is 7k less money and $140 a month insurance
v8 is 7k more and $210 an month for insurance..

v8 is more money and $70 a month more in insurance? does anyone see my side or am i being stupid here?

Tik-Tok
07-10-2006, 08:24 PM

v8 is more money and $70 a month more in insurance? does anyone see my side or am i being stupid here?

You'd be a money saving girl.... :D

Honestly though, if you're going to drive it year round, I'd suggest the v6, less slippage on the ice. Take that $70/month from insurance savings and save it in a account for mods or for a more serious car down the road.

atomic
07-10-2006, 09:10 PM
true . not nice of me really to say that you'd be a girl . i was only kidding .

if you're just going to own the car for something nice and not going to track or race it, then who cares how fast it is . it's all personal opinion . hope you enjoy the convertible . i definetly would!

iceburns288
07-10-2006, 09:28 PM
I don't get why most people are so obsessed with having lots of power... I understand it here, it's a car forum. But what I don't get is why everyone and their little sister must have some big block V8 pushing 300+hp for every little family sedan, when most cars in Europe don't have nearly as much power and they seem to get along just fine. Sorry, random rant, just frustrates me.

Anywho, after that rant I suggest the V8 GT. A Mustang's a sports car, not a family sedan ;). Plus, with the top down and an aftermarket exhaust, you'll know exactly why you bought the V8!:thumbsup:

DonJuan
07-10-2006, 11:37 PM
umm, I'd be a little worried about the really good deal your getting, this car sounds like it may have been a rental at the beginning of it's life. Check the history, if it says, Hertz, Budget, ummm I think Avis too, as previous owners who had service done, RUNNNNNN!!! of course this is IF AND ONLY IF it's a AUTO; if it's a 5 spd then your good to go! Enjoy it I sure did! And the V6 Stang with an auto will lose to a Sebring convertible... thats just sad...

atomic
07-10-2006, 11:46 PM
the rental sports cars like a mustang GT have different programming the you'd get from dealer . they have them programmed to be really boggy from under 30 mph.

mike_papps
07-12-2006, 11:24 PM
the v6 im looking at has a 5 spd tranny... i think im gonna take em both out for test drives and decide from there... i guess thats the only other way to go eh... haha..

Tik-Tok
07-13-2006, 07:58 AM
the v6 im looking at has a 5 spd tranny... i think im gonna take em both out for test drives and decide from there... i guess thats the only other way to go eh... haha..

I'll let you know right now, if you take both out, you WILL buy the GT.