PDA

View Full Version : Softwood Lumber dispute

Alex_FORD
07-06-2006, 11:06 PM
So what do you guys know about this new settlement? I heard it sounds like a compromise. Is this the Harper Government's first rollover on Canadian working men?

Tik-Tok
07-07-2006, 08:58 PM
Yep, I'm mostly pissed about the US only giving PART of the illegal tariff back to Canada, wtf is that? Canada has proven time and time again to the courts that the tax was illegal.

What the hell is with the capping too? I thought we signed a " FREE TRADE " agreement with the states, not a "free trade as long as it benefits the USofA$$holes" agreement. What a mockery.

Toms-SC
07-07-2006, 11:50 PM
A) We get nothing
or
B) We get 4 out of the 5 Billion

The end

JonJonPoPong
07-08-2006, 12:59 AM
or
a) we take nothing and walk away like men, not a bunch of pussy ass bitches who cant even collect what is thiers and are willing to settle for less.
At least with option A we have our self respect as a nation.

vc-kev
07-08-2006, 01:56 AM
yeah, and we'd be out 4 billion dollars

you'd be a great politician

BerserkerCatSplat
07-08-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by JonJonPoPong
or
a) we take nothing and walk away like men, not a bunch of pussy ass bitches who cant even collect what is thiers and are willing to settle for less.
At least with option A we have our self respect as a nation.

Do you have an IQ in the single digits, or what? Get a grip.

barbarian
07-08-2006, 06:55 PM
Canadian lumber companies get to harvest public land, without paying royalties, or paying almost none at all. As far as the USA is concerned, that's a subsidy, since down there they generally have to buy the land first.

Tik-Tok
07-08-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by barbarian
Canadian lumber companies get to harvest public land, without paying royalties, or paying almost none at all. As far as the USA is concerned, that's a subsidy, since down there they generally have to buy the land first.

It may be pretty grey, but Canada has won numerous Free Trade court cases about it, which SHOULD translate into getting ALL our money back.