PDA

View Full Version : Ontario and Quebec cars

bigbadboss101
07-06-2006, 11:58 PM
We know that cars from Ontario are less expensive cuz of rust issues. Would it be same for Quebec? Cars are quite a bit cheaper there. I saw a couple nice rides, checked the vin and yup, they are from Quebec.

Eleanor
07-07-2006, 12:07 AM
I would assume it would go for Quebec as well.

78si
07-07-2006, 12:26 AM
Do not buy an eastern car!!! It's not worth it.

I'm working on a 99 civic coupe from eastern Canada. Rust wise, it's comparable to an Albertan 89 civic.

The cross members are rusting out already. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Weapon_R
07-07-2006, 12:48 AM
Quebec is worse than Ontario

bigbadboss101
07-07-2006, 07:20 AM
Saw a 2002 CL-S with about 70,000km for $22k, which is quite nice.

heavyD
07-07-2006, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Yep.

SilverBoost
07-07-2006, 08:46 AM
My car spent the first 3 years of its life in Atlantic Canada.... zero rust.

I stored it after I had some extensive modifications done, but the first year I drove it I had it cleaned twice a week.

Yes, they use more salt back there, but it all depends on the owner and how he/she treated the car that will determine the condition. Out here before you buy a used car you should drive it into an evening sunlight and see how sandblasted the windsheild is form all the rocks they use here on the road.

At least you can wash salt off....but rocks wash the paint off.... the front of your car.

Pros and cons everywhere.... do your research on the car, don't generalize because of where it came from.

CryoCarnage
07-07-2006, 08:00 PM
my car is fine and its an 87. the wheel wells are barely startign to rust now, then again it is a Summer only car. But the salt sometimes is gay, but the worst are the people who park in the snow w/o shoveling it. they just let their winter cars sit there :guns:
Those are the rusted ones. But for good old responsible immigrants like myself, it is my duty to shovel everyday so the subaru and sienna can start up and leave every morning.

rc2002
07-07-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

:werd: I'd never buy a car from either of those provinces. Remember - you get what you pay for. You pay thousands less when you buy a car from out east for good reason.

CalgarySupra
07-08-2006, 12:23 AM
why do people not wash under neath their cars? i feel like i am the only one , when i take any car to the car wash i spray underneath.

CryoCarnage
07-08-2006, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by CalgarySupra
why do people not wash under neath their cars? i feel like i am the only one , when i take any car to the car wash i spray underneath.
it costs more and not everyone is an enthusiast hwen htey buy their sports cars.