PDA

View Full Version : consequences for failing to appear in court?

LiquidK
07-07-2006, 12:38 AM
yeah, me and a buddy got youth tickets for smoking, and we're wondering what the consequences for failing to appear in court are (we sorta missed our court date already -.-)

AzN'SKillZ
07-07-2006, 12:49 AM
is it a fine???

if so they will probly mail a letter to you saying u owe this much money blah blah blah. and if u dont pay it in so much time u will hav a warrent out for ur arrest

FivE.SeveN
07-07-2006, 12:51 AM
Youth tickets for smoking? Wait smoking is illegal if you're under 18? :nut:

3G
07-07-2006, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by FivE.SeveN
Youth tickets for smoking? Wait smoking is illegal if you're under 18? :nut:

its bee nfor a couple years

AzN'SKillZ
07-07-2006, 12:56 AM
Youth tickets for smoking? Wait smoking is illegal if you're under 18?

in public places, been around for like 3 years now i think

Palmiros
07-07-2006, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by LiquidK
yeah, me and a buddy got youth tickets for smoking, and we're wondering what the consequences for failing to appear in court are (we sorta missed our court date already -.-)

Guillotine?:dunno:

DayGlow
07-07-2006, 06:50 AM
goes to warrant for your arrest. If the warrant gets endorsed by a judge then you will be arrested and released on a Promise To Appear for a new court date. If it isn't endorsed, then you are arrested, taken downtown to jail and will have to appear before a Justice of the Peace who will decide if you can be released or held until a court date.

Best bet is to go downtown to the court house you were supposed to have appeared at and deal with it there. Ignoring means that the police will pick you up at the worst possible time and arrest you (otw to your first day at work, etc and getting your car towed)