PDA

View Full Version : Out Of Province Car Inspection

lorenzo
07-07-2006, 08:52 AM
anyone here work for them? i just have some questions i need to ask.

i have this minor problem goin on right now.my gf gave me her '89 240sx,(free of charge woot woot) this car was insured in Saskatoon and was originally from BC.

my plan was to get a swap, but until i had the money i was just gonna get the car insured under comprehensive coverage, which i did. now, this is the part where i got pissed off...the car wouldnt start/run anymore :guns: the 240 has NOT been insured in Alberta, therefore i needed an Out of Province Inspection performed on the vehicle.
the cars' been in out and of the shop before, it had some issues, not to mention the 275K on the engine.

so my question is, does anybody work for them that i can bribe? lol :drama: J/k

i just dont wanna get it fixed, which will cost me $$$ when i'm saving up for a swap. like i said the car is under comprehensive coverage, but if i dont have an Out Of Province Inspection form i cannot register the car, which means i cant park the car on the street. lol right now its at my parents garage,and I cant keep it there any longer.

HELP! i need some suggestions/advice...:cry:

Nissanaddict
07-07-2006, 09:59 AM
Get it running pronto. 240sxs have frame rust/rotting. There can be rust, but there can not be holes. Those are unacceptable (if you put jackstands on the frame, and they go through, you have a problem). It's more of a safety thing, so make sure all the steering, suspension and brake components are fine. You also need all the lights functioning, and a working horn. That's most of what you need IIRC. I wouldn't post about bribing here, and you don't go to a registry "anybody work for them?" you go to a certified shop. I will say some shops are more thorough than others. Research this.

lorenzo
07-07-2006, 02:36 PM
lol...i was just joking about the bribing comment. but as for the condition of the car. the exterior is in a good condition, with very very minimal rust on the body.steering and suspension are in good condition as well. needless to say the car has been babied.

like i said the engine is what i am concerned about, cuz i it doesnt run, but everything else is :thumbsup:

anyone wants to make some extra cash? i need someone to help me get this car running, even for just a day...lol...

thanks guys!