PDA

View Full Version : Wow!

calarina
04-11-2003, 05:02 PM
Has anyone seen those new "Street Edition" Civics? They're actually not that bad. But the main reason I'm posting this, is because they have a SONY deck with a motorized faceplate, and removable faceplate...STOCK. They also have an exhaust cover that makes it look like you have a performance exhaust, plus a ground effects package.

Hahaha, I just think that's really awesome! Kinda makes me want one, but then I remember...it's still a crappy model of Civic. :tongue:

Zephyr
04-11-2003, 05:03 PM
eh this one honda dealer near my work sells new hondas with options of bodykits and other aftermarket crap..

ExitSpeed
04-11-2003, 05:33 PM
Is that the one that's badged LXR? Of course the R is the traditional Honda red R.

VWhooligan
04-11-2003, 05:49 PM
i saw a civic seR the other day with what looked like factory badging.. is that an actual model or some dealer special

Stratus_Power
04-11-2003, 06:09 PM
i saw the "street edition" in the paper too. but couldnt find any info on the web

ninspeed
04-11-2003, 08:16 PM
Oh ya.. does it come with washer leds too from the factory????-

Ekliptix
04-11-2003, 08:43 PM
I have not see one. Pics?
I did see a Civic Extreme today though.

max_boost
04-11-2003, 09:03 PM
Did you get approved yet?!?!

theken
04-11-2003, 09:21 PM
pretty funny, well sad actually, that they have a cover that makes it "look" like u have exhaust lol, hey i don't need to buy a stupid loud exhaust, it looks like i have one already :thumbsup: lol :thumbsdow i hate civics. sorry

benyl
04-12-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by VWhooligan
i saw a civic seR the other day with what looked like factory badging.. is that an actual model or some dealer special

T&T honda has been selling rice off the showroom floor. They take a stock civic, put some wheels on it and stick an "R" sticker on it.

Some guy thinks he is getting a deal, not knowing that most people will just shake their heads...

RSeXy
04-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by calarina

Hahaha, I just think that's really awesome! Kinda makes me want one, but then I remember...it's still a crappy model of Civic. :tongue:

well it ain't no FIRST gen tegra that's for sure! :D :rolleyes:

RSeXy
04-12-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by benyl

T&T honda has been selling rice off the showroom floor. They take a stock civic, put some wheels on it and stick an "R" sticker on it.

Some guy thinks he is getting a deal, not knowing that most people will just shake their heads...

i've seen a car done up like that at T&T...it is a good marketing tactic to lure in young "racers" to be!

Glowrider
04-12-2003, 02:50 PM
I was poking around at a Honda dealership here a couple weeks ago. Some of the Civics there had aftermarket rims and some underbody spoiler kits. I guess that would be what you're talking about, or the US equivalent atleast. They wanted way to much for them IMO, though.

Be cheaper to just get the mods yourself, probably.

calarina
04-12-2003, 04:00 PM
No no guys...It's actually a car the all the Honda dealers are selling called "Street Edition", and they have decals saying "Street Edition" on the cars...

I just like the fact that the dealerships are actually promoting/supporting the use of after-market products, before they scorned after-market products.

A turn for the better. :)

Ben
04-12-2003, 04:07 PM
No no guys...It's actually a car the all the Honda dealers are selling called "Street Edition", and they have decals saying "Street Edition" on the cars...

I just like the fact that the dealerships are actually promoting/supporting the use of after-market products, before they scorned after-market products.

A turn for the better. :)

Dont waste your money!

Your paying for ugly wheels and a shitty sterio, the money you save not buying that car can be put into better stuff.

calarina
04-12-2003, 04:09 PM
Ick, I never said I was going to buy it. If I was EVER going to buy a Civic, it'd only be an SiR. That's the only Civic worth buying.

Besides, after a year or so, the front struts on the new model of civics (excluding the SiR) start leaking like crazy...

Ben
04-12-2003, 04:23 PM
Ick, I never said I was going to buy it. If I was EVER going to buy a Civic, it'd only be an SiR. That's the only Civic worth buying.

Besides, after a year or so, the front struts on the new model of civics (excluding the SiR) start leaking like crazy...

Ick, I never said YOU WERE buying it, you just posted that they were making a turn for the better, its an overpriced option is my point.

max_boost
04-12-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Did you get approved yet?!?!

calarina
04-12-2003, 04:26 PM
Hahaha, you're impatient. :tongue: What do you think the answer is?

max_boost
04-12-2003, 04:28 PM
Hahaha, you're impatient. :tongue: What do you think the answer is? I am eager to cross a name off my bench car buyer list and you will be removed from all future flames :guns: :rofl:

calarina
04-12-2003, 04:30 PM
I am eager to cross a name off my bench car buyer list and you will be removed from all future flames :guns: :rofl:

Well, I need to save up about 10% of the car's value...oh well, I think I'm getting used to being turned down for things now...

How the hell am I supposed to get credit...when no one will allow me to get credit!

Ben
04-12-2003, 04:36 PM
Hey Everyone I'm buying a Porsche 911TT soon, what color should I get!!!;)

ninspeed
04-12-2003, 04:38 PM
shit man.. have then paint it bright orange with a huge robot flying down the side :D :D

speedracer
04-12-2003, 04:55 PM
...I just like the fact that the dealerships are actually promoting/supporting the use of after-market products, before they scorned after-market products.

I'd rather have factory support :drool: OEM Konis :D

What if the third party equipment fails and since it's not the fault of the manufacturer...

It's funny they won't give you the OEM parts back (or very hard to negotiate) it back since you paid for it.

Melinda
04-12-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy

well it ain't no FIRST gen tegra that's for sure! :D :rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

girlRACER
04-12-2003, 05:54 PM
I haven't seen it before. Anyone have any pics? :dunno:

girlRACER
04-12-2003, 05:58 PM

How the hell am I supposed to get credit...when no one will allow me to get credit!

Why don't you get your parents to co-sign?? It's a good way to establish credit. I did that with my first car and by the time I got my second car I didn't need them to co-sign b/c of the good track record.

calarina
04-12-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER

Why don't you get your parents to co-sign?? It's a good way to establish credit. I did that with my first car and by the time I got my second car I didn't need them to co-sign b/c of the good track record.

They won't sign because they claim they don't have strong enough credit, but they're not willing to even try. They don't like the idea of me riding on their credit. Believe me, if I could get them to co-sign I would, but I've already asked them 3 times, and it's been the same answer :banghead:

GRRRR

Superesc
04-12-2003, 07:47 PM
hmmm so how long will it be till you save up the 10% of the total value?

max_boost
04-12-2003, 09:10 PM
Oh harsh! Sorry to hear! And too bad your parents won't co-sign, that sucks!

Do you have at least a credit card? If I were you, get one now, use it, and pay it off every month. And continue to work at HOnda for another year, and show that you are saving money in your bank account. Creditors will see that you are trustworthy and you have already established a good credit rating!

And I agree with girlRACER, I had to get my parents to co-sign for my bimmer, but not for the S. So I will be moving up the ladder fairly soon since I have excellent credit! :D

calarina
04-12-2003, 09:30 PM
Do you have at least a credit card?

No, like I said...no one will give me credit of any kind, so I don't know how to build my credit. I've applied for about 3 different credit cards already, and they all turned me down.

Usually, wouldn't they want to give a credit card to someone young and new to credit? They'd probably make killer interest. :D

RSeXy
04-12-2003, 09:33 PM
^^

its really hard to get a credit card...well in my case anyways. i know MC and visa offer student cards...i've heard Amex is pretty easy to get when you're young.

CRXguy
04-12-2003, 09:36 PM
Amex is pretty easy, but they're a lot more evil than the other major CC companies. MB knows what I'm talking about. :rofl:

RSeXy
04-12-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy
Amex is pretty easy, but they're a lot more evil than the other major CC companies. MB knows what I'm talking about. :rofl:

one of the monthly payments crew speaks! hehe :D

i have a student visa...however my parents have decided to put it in "safe" keeping till i have more than 1.35 in my bank account. :(

calarina
04-12-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy
^^

its really hard to get a credit card...well in my case anyways. i know MC and visa offer student cards...i've heard Amex is pretty easy to get when you're young.

Here's what I don't understand:
I'm pre-approved for a credit card if I'm going to school as a student, but being a full time employee, I'm not?

Wouldn't a full-time employee be more likely to pay off credit than a student? :dunno:

RSeXy
04-12-2003, 09:39 PM

Here's what I don't understand:
I'm pre-approved for a credit card if I'm going to school as a student, but being a full time employee, I'm not?

Wouldn't a full-time employee be more likely to pay off credit than a student? :dunno:

they pity students. all full-time students deserve pity...!! :D :thumbsup:

calarina
04-12-2003, 09:41 PM
Hahaha, I guess, but still...

Full time employee = more money.
Full time student = no money.

I'm still missing the logic here. :tongue:

calarina
04-12-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER
I haven't seen it before. Anyone have any pics? :dunno:

The "Street Edition" looks exactly like the new Civic coupes, just with a little bit of fancy schmancy stuff...

To answer your question :thumbsup:

RSeXy
04-12-2003, 09:44 PM

that's where parents or super, wonderful bf's come in! :thumbsup: :D ;)

calarina
04-12-2003, 09:46 PM
Yeah, hahaha. Depends on your parents though.

My parents are mean old hags! :rofl: Geez, won't even try to co-sign for me. :rolleyes: :D j/k

CRXguy
04-12-2003, 09:48 PM

How long have you had actual income?

calarina
04-12-2003, 09:49 PM
I've been working straight for about a year now. Not at the same job, but hey, with my old job, I could still afford a credit card...

szw
04-12-2003, 10:19 PM
BS its easy to get a credit card.

I signed up for three of them, I just made up some income and got all of the cards. Just have to have them, and not use them and you get 'credit'

When i started making money I just stuck with the one with the most benefits and only use that. Easier to keep track of.

max_boost
04-12-2003, 10:53 PM
LOL
It is so EASY to get a credit card

Most credit card applications will ask you for your SIN number, well, that is illegal! haha So you don't have to even put it on!

Make up your income! Say $30K!

And I think every major bank offers a student credit card which anyone can apply for, credit limit is around $500

AMEX is the easiest, hell I said I made $50K/year and they believed me which of course is a lie haha

Why did you get turned down for financing? How much of a loan are you seeking? Why not sign up for a lease? Those are easier to get because your not owning the car, but rather renting. Do you even have a sufficient down payment?

There isn't much to co-signing, unless you default on your payments, the company has someone else to go after and since its your parents. I am surprised they aren't helping you. My parents hate my guts when it comes to cars but yet they will still do it! haha

Stratus_Power
04-13-2003, 12:36 AM
speaking of credit card how long til they actaully send you the card?

cuz i applied for one of the student one on Jan 17th, and they gave me a free T-shirt.. but rite now im still waiting for it to arrive..

max_boost
04-13-2003, 03:36 AM
6 weeks at the most

kenny
04-13-2003, 04:06 AM

Haha... because full time employees will have cash, and will spend that instead whereas students have, like you said, no money and hopefully they'll charge a bunch of stuff they couldn't normally afford to their credit cards. They will then build up so much interest on their cards and will eventually get a job to pay it all back! Way more profit potential with students. Credit card companies don't make money off people who HAVE money. :thumbsup:

CrAzY_PLaYa
04-13-2003, 10:21 AM
Credit Cards are soo easy to get..i jus apply for the free rewards then rip up the cards when they come :rofl:

Stratus_Power
04-13-2003, 10:39 AM
oh damn its been 10 weeks already.. i guess no credit card fo rme

VWhooligan
04-13-2003, 11:46 AM
credit card companies like people with job security. if you havent had the same job or lived in the same place for more than a year, its doubtful. i applied as soon as i turned 18 when i just moved to calgary. i had a job for 1 month, and had been living in my apartment for 2 months. i got rejected.

so i changed it to working and living in the same place for a year, and got it.

Dope Dealer
04-13-2003, 11:51 AM
My brother didnt even have a job and he went into Canada Trust and they approved him on the spot. He was going to Colorado, so I gave him some money to put in his account to make it look like he had a reasonable amount and he was able to pay it off. It was approved without a problem. Well, the bank employee also put in that he was attending University and put in a bogus Student ID also. Haha :) (He isn't going to University until Sept. and he was approved last Sept., he just told her he was going next year).

girlRACER
04-13-2003, 11:56 AM
I think there's a difference between applying for a regular credit card, and a student credit card. The credit card companies are much more lenient on giving out student credit cards. When I applied for one, I got approved and I had no job (as long as I was a student) Student credit cards are a starting point for people to establish credit at a young age.

Calarina, you should try again. It might take a few tries but they can't keep denying you.

Dope Dealer
04-13-2003, 11:59 AM
http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/tdvisa/bigapply.jsp

Try for the TD Green Visa Card.

GTS Jeff
04-13-2003, 12:20 PM
haha i have credit flowing out of my ass....like 3 credit cards...and on every single one they keep bumping the limit up all the time

and im just a lowly student

Ben
04-13-2003, 01:25 PM
I have a CIBC visa, got it the day after I turned 18. They keep upping my limit as well, but I keep calling them and telling them to lower it back down, I dont wanna be 10k in the hole.

max_boost
04-13-2003, 01:34 PM
mwmhong once said!
"Discipline" haha
It is easy to buy now and pay later :rofl:

I do not like the idea of having all these different credit cards, time to apply for a line of credit! haha :D

Stratus_Power
04-13-2003, 03:08 PM
i only want a credit card for ebay :P and playing some MMORPG .. w00t nerd for me

kaput
04-13-2003, 03:09 PM

AutodreamMarvin
04-13-2003, 10:38 PM
it should be easy to get a loan.
i just walked into royal bank and was "asking questions" pertaining a loan then all of a sudden i walked out with a fatter bank account.
i had no credit, i was working part time, and i had about $100 in my account.
but, then again, since you already applied for 3 credit cards and got turned down that's probably on your record.
just be careful that you know what you're getting yourself into. because now i'm out of a job and have 3 cars that i don't know what i'm going to do with.

anyways, do you work at calgary honda by any chance? i'm pretty sure i've seen you're car there. my buddy works there with you, his name is adam and he has that red crx.

max_boost
04-13-2003, 11:58 PM
Yah I forgot to mention what brbHPR said....

Everytime you get denied for credit, it is placed in your credit file through Equifax and all creditors will be able to access that information

FiveFreshFish
04-14-2003, 12:05 AM
By the way, you can access your own credit rating for free from the credit reporting agencies. You just have to fax in ID so it might cost you only the toll charges to send the fax since they're in Ontario.

calarina
04-14-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by brbHPR
anyways, do you work at calgary honda by any chance? i'm pretty sure i've seen you're car there. my buddy works there with you, his name is adam and he has that red crx.

Yippers, I work there. In the bodyshop office. Where does Adam work? I only know of an Andy in the parts department with a red CRX...