PDA

View Full Version : How can I deal with crappy neighbours?

TC2002
07-07-2006, 02:02 PM
So I have neighbours who have a long enough driveways to fit 4 cars. Constantly parks in front of my house and leaves their driveway free. The max amount of cars they will have in their driveway is 1. Oh imagine...moving cars. That's so harsh. :rolleyes: We have 2 spots in front of our house, so we've left it alone for YEARS. They usually have a system...save us 1 spot, and takes the other for themselves.

The other day, the neighbour comes and takes our spot as well. WTF?!?! I got annoyed, since our other spot that they USUALLY take was free, and they had friends or whoever over, and they stepped all over our lawn on their way over to their house. We were standing right there. Honestly. No cars were coming, why couldn't they have used the road like normal people?!?!

In addition, I asked the neighbour nicely if she would mind moving back a spot so that we have a place to park too. She gave me a dirty look and said she'll do it later. After she moved it, I said "thank you." Not a sarcastic one, a normal "thank you."

So today...parks diagnonally ACROSS the street, blocking both ways of traffic, sitting in her car talking to her mom who was also sitting in her car. I was trying to get into my driveway...waited...waited...NORMAL people tend to move their cars at least when they see cars coming. Nope. Normal mores don't apply to her. Just sat and chatted. What the heck was I supposed to do? So I just took a larger turn and went into my driveway.
Her mom comes pounding on my car window: "YOU ARE SO RUDE!"

Me (thinking): how is this rude?!?!

Her mom: the other day, my daughter parked for only ONE minute (me thinking: more like 1.5 hours) and you were rude to her to move her car (me thinking: um, she was in my spot, and is technically ALWAYS in my other spot, but you haven't seen me complain, until now, have you?!?!)! Now you are so rude like this! (Me thinking: how is this rude? Getting into my own driveway is RUDE?!?! What, I have to wait for you two to stop yacking until she would move her van?!?! I didn't hit her car or anything...piss off, biatch!). Your family...now you! (Me: Leave my family out of this and stay on topic, fool). I didn't expect this of you, my friend (Me thinking: since when were we ever friends?).

I told her that I didn't have to take this, and I slammed my car door.

She's probably going to set fire to my car now. Biatch.
:banghead:

Is there anything legally that I can do about this? Restraining order (okay, that might be a bit much)?

nonsane
07-07-2006, 02:08 PM
So you are aware you have no entitlement to the spots in front of your house. Anyone is allowed to park there. unless you are in a condo or something where you own a spot. In that case next time just get them towed.

It is inconsiderate for them to park there.

And i didn't understand what was going on in the second big paragraph. *Shrug*

Weapon_R
07-07-2006, 02:08 PM
These 'parking spots' you speak of are not yours to claim, unfortunately.

TC2002
07-07-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by nonsane
So you are aware you have no entitlement to the spots in front of your house. Anyone is allowed to park there. unless you are in a condo or something where you own a spot. In that case next time just get them towed.

It is inconsiderate for them to park there.

And i didn't understand what was going on in the second big paragraph. *Shrug*

Originally posted by Weapon_R
These 'parking spots' you speak of are not yours to claim, unfortunately.

Well that sucks. Thanks for letting me know.

I think it's just how she called me rude, when she sits in her car and blocks two ways of traffic, walks across people's lawns without even thinking about it... stuff like that.

codetrap
07-07-2006, 02:14 PM

topmade
07-07-2006, 02:15 PM
yup, it's just consideration they don't take up any spots in front of your house, but they have no obligation to. They seem like a waste of a time anyways, just suck it up or start parking your car in front of their house.

ga16i
07-07-2006, 02:16 PM
Public road, so no, nothing you can do.
Don't do stupid shit like me and park on the lawn (my neighbor likes to fill up the front of my house too, and I have too many cars), got a nice court summons for it.
Apparently it's not legal to park on your front lawn. Ticket was issued to property owner, not car, for allowing a vehicle to be parked on front lawn.
Anyway, I have the same problem pretty much, and there's not much to be done except either park further away from your house or have a car basically constantly in front of your house, and park it so that it only fits one car hahaha.

Of course you could try to persuade them from parking there with glass or spike strips when you're not there :D

vc-kev
07-07-2006, 02:18 PM
Honestly, the best way to deal with it is to go over there and talk about the situation like mature people. Two wrongs don't make a right and starting a war with your neighbour will juts end up in headaches for you and your family. Now if you are resonable and they tell you to stfu, then you can start thinking about pulling some "neighbour" tricks.

max_boost
07-07-2006, 02:20 PM
Yah I had an asshole neighbour who lived diagonally across the street from my family in the ghetto. He purposely parked right in front of our house to piss us off. He had a double detached garage and could probably park 3 cars in front of his house but nope, he had to come over and park in front of our house. I asked him if he could move his car once and he told me to fuck off. So when we moved, I went back and smashed all of his windows on his cars. Meh. I was 16, didn't give a shit. Now I would probably pay someone to do it haha

snowboard
07-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Yah I had an asshole neighbour who lived diagonally across the street from my family in the ghetto. He purposely parked right in front of our house to piss us off. He had a double detached garage and could probably park 3 cars in front of his house but nope, he had to come over and park in front of our house. I asked him if he could move his car once and he told me to fuck off. So when we moved, I went back and smashed all of his windows on his cars. Meh. I was 16, didn't give a shit. Now I would probably pay someone to do it haha

hahahahahahahaha
thats fuckin funny.
man your a badass.

at my place we have a 2 car garage a drive way and what "should" be a place to park infront, but for a few days my neighbour kept parking in my street spot. so i just parked behind him almost bumper to bumper anyway.
hes a reasonable man and decided to only take up one spot instead of two :)

TC2002
07-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by vc-kev
Honestly, the best way to deal with it is to go over there and talk about the situation like mature people. Two wrongs don't make a right and starting a war with your neighbour will juts end up in headaches for you and your family. Now if you are resonable and they tell you to stfu, then you can start thinking about pulling some "neighbour" tricks.

*smirk* Dunno if that will work. I mean, when I was asking her politely to move her car, she went crying to her mommy to yell at me about it. She could have easily talked to me about it today, since she was sitting in her car looking at her mom yell at me. Otherwise, with normal people, I would probably talk it out. :)

Originally posted by max_boost

HA HA! You got away with that?!?! :D

TC2002
07-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by snowboard

hahahahahahahaha
thats fuckin funny.
man your a badass.

at my place we have a 2 car garage a drive way and what "should" be a place to park infront, but for a few days my neighbour kept parking in my street spot. so i just parked behind him almost bumper to bumper anyway.
hes a reasonable man and decided to only take up one spot instead of two :)

Nice to know... Decent people out there...

EnRich
07-07-2006, 02:37 PM
man.... you think you have problems... listen to this... I just got a new neighbour, single older female. She has two dogs, who I guess are just ruining her house, so when she leaves in the morning, she locks em up in this room, (prob a laundry room with open windows) anyways its right under my bed room window... EVERY MORNING these fucking dogs begin howling like wolves to moon light, ALL MORNING long non stop... wakes me up every morning well before I'm supposed to wake up, AND on the fuckin weekends too... Its starting to drive me crazy.... I walked by her the other day, said hi.... asked her hows shes enjoying the community blah blah... Then I'm like, so those dogs of yours just loooove to howl all morning long after you leave the house huh.... Shes like yep.... and walks away.... I'm like ok.... and we havn't talked since.... What do you think I should do... tell her those dogs are driving me nuts in the morning? and to close her windows? Thing is I dont think that would make a differance... you guys honestly need to hear these howls, omfg, I can't believe how bad it is to wake up to that.... opinions?

ga16i
07-07-2006, 02:38 PM
It also depends if the daughter is hawt or the mom too. If they are, you're legally obligated to let them do whatever the hell they please. :bigpimp:

TC2002
07-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by ga16i
It also depends if the daughter is hawt or the mom too. If they are, you're legally obligated to let them do whatever the hell they please. :bigpimp:

She keeps having children everytime I see her. Think she's on her 5th or something...different dads. Still interested? :D

BTW... hawt is not the first word that hits me when I see her.

glennc
07-07-2006, 02:48 PM
Non violent, non mature solution:

Whenever they park in front of your house, block them in. When they come over to bitch say something sappy like "were a struggling family with 2 cars and we need our spots".

just a thought.

TC2002
07-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by glennc
Non violent, non mature solution:

Whenever they park in front of your house, block them in. When they come over to bitch say something sappy like "were a struggling family with 2 cars and we need our spots".

just a thought.

HA HA HA! :D

van
07-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by EnRich
man.... you think you have problems... listen to this... I just got a new neighbour, single older female. She has two dogs, who I guess are just ruining her house, so when she leaves in the morning, she locks em up in this room, (prob a laundry room with open windows) anyways its right under my bed room window... EVERY MORNING these fucking dogs begin howling like wolves to moon light, ALL MORNING long non stop... wakes me up every morning well before I'm supposed to wake up, AND on the fuckin weekends too... Its starting to drive me crazy.... I walked by her the other day, said hi.... asked her hows shes enjoying the community blah blah... Then I'm like, so those dogs of yours just loooove to howl all morning long after you leave the house huh.... Shes like yep.... and walks away.... I'm like ok.... and we havn't talked since.... What do you think I should do... tell her those dogs are driving me nuts in the morning? and to close her windows? Thing is I dont think that would make a differance... you guys honestly need to hear these howls, omfg, I can't believe how bad it is to wake up to that.... opinions?

If it is loud enough during hours that the noise level should be very quiet, I think you can call a bylaw officer about a noise violation of some sort. lol those dogs most howl really loud in order to wake you up

Also, yeah like everyone else said those spots infront of your house are not yours they are legally the city's property. I have only one spot infront of my house and I never use it. My driveway that we just extended can fit 4 cars side-to-side and 2 more in the garage itself and probably another 2 on the road infront of the driveway.

Our neighbours are hit and miss, I don't mind them parking infront of our house as we do not use that spot but I really hate it when they park like 2 feet from their driveway and a foot into my driveway. It's hard when there is a lot of people over to get into a spot cause a foot of the truck is blocking your driveway.

A good revenge method is, if the neighbour parks there and is always at that same spot, you can call bylaw services to give them a ticket or even get them towed for sitting there too long.

core_upt
07-07-2006, 02:51 PM

THIS You can complaint o the city about. We had a complaint against for our last dog barking in our yard (she was hardly ever outside and only barked if the neighbour put their dog out too. A bylaw officer stopped by our house with a written warning about it - next would be a fine (Can't remember how much)

Originally posted by TC2002

She keeps having children everytime I see her. Think she's on her 5th or something...different dads. Still interested? :D

BTW... hawt is not the first word that hits me when I see her.

5 kids, different dads eh? Well, you know she has no problem putting out! Might as well get some crotch tossed at you!

TC2002
07-07-2006, 03:00 PM

I'm pretty certain that there is a a noise pollution law of some sort, but I don't know if that covers animals... Look into it with the city.

originally posted by core_upt
5 kids, different dads eh? Well, you know she has no problem putting out! Might as well get some crotch tossed at you!

Geez. Who knows what's been in there. No thanks. :nut:

DeeK
07-07-2006, 03:11 PM

Friend of mine had the same problem... Just call bylaw services, they will deal with it just fine. Especially if you are on the phone to them while the dogs are howling, and heard the background on the phone. Needless to say the lady couldnt find a suitable solution to keep her dogs under control so she had two choices from the city: move to a suitable location, or get rid of the dogs. She moved 2 weeks later just outside calgary.

ga16i
07-07-2006, 03:18 PM
:werd: There probably is some bylaw against dogs being loud. My uncle had a german sheppard that someone complained about... ended up muting her. She sounded like a squeak toy afterwards... at least he got to keep the dog.

ApexDrift
07-07-2006, 03:22 PM
is there any possibility to get to the spot before them or something and hogging it? :dunno:

i used to have a neighbour like that, i would be out side having a smoke then the grandma would just walk across my lawn right in front of me and look at me at the same time, i mean there was a green drop sign too but i guess she didnt understand but at the same time i didnt really care. they had 3 cars and a semi truck and every so often the guy with the semi truck would come home and take up 2.5 spaces i didnt even know they were allowed in residential areas he also liked to park infront of my house leaving me no room so i had to park up the hill, the mother of the family would park vary close to my FC and she actually scrapped my bumper once i confronted her then she started to yell at me in a east indian language what could i do? i just told her to go die and left.. and one day i found poo on my lawn i guess they had a small dog or some thing so i scooped it up witha shovel and just set it on thier car in the middle of the night, honestly you just have to suck it up once in a while... but now my new neighbour is awesome hes a car enthusiast too and they leave plenty of space and i try to do the same.

kaput
07-07-2006, 03:36 PM

stevieo
07-07-2006, 03:43 PM
my friends neighbour across the street is a real douche.

i park across the street from my friends house cause he has quite a few vehicles at his house (parents, his and his brothers) so the garage is taken for and so is his driveway. and whenever we have get togethers or just to go to his house and chill, the street infront of his house is usually taken by a friend.

so I park across the street (NOT BLOCKING NO BODY, NO driveways nothing!) and i passed out at his house that night, next day i wake up, key'd and guy was bumper to bumper on my car. and all of my friends are assuming that they punctured my cousins tires as well casue he parked there once.

TC2002
07-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by stevieo
my friends neighbour across the street is a real douche.

i park across the street from my friends house cause he has quite a few vehicles at his house (parents, his and his brothers) so the garage is taken for and so is his driveway. and whenever we have get togethers or just to go to his house and chill, the street infront of his house is usually taken by a friend.

so I park across the street (NOT BLOCKING NO BODY, NO driveways nothing!) and i passed out at his house that night, next day i wake up, key'd and guy was bumper to bumper on my car. and all of my friends are assuming that they punctured my cousins tires as well casue he parked there once.

WOW. Talk about having issues... when people do that to your car, would you have a case for vandalism? I mean, you can assume it's them and all, under the circumstances... in other words... can anything be done?

van
07-07-2006, 08:34 PM
I doubt it unless you have physical evidence that they did it.

Super_Geo
07-09-2006, 11:19 AM

Get an loud airhorn, and when the dogs start howling, get some ear plugs, go to the window that they're in, stick the airhorn in and go ape shit.

I don't know what this'll accomplish, but I'm curious on hearing the results :)

Khyron
07-09-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by stevieo
next day i wake up, key'd and guy was bumper to bumper on my car. and all of my friends are assuming that they punctured my cousins tires as well casue he parked there once.

I never understood people that do this. You know it was him, his car and house are sitting right there every day... Just make sure the damage is just enough to be cheaper than a deductable.

Khyron