PDA

View Full Version : want a bank job, but no luck

BigWill
07-07-2006, 06:49 PM
i've been trying to get a bank job for over a year now, not looking to ba manager or anything, just looking to be a teller or something similar, but with no luck so far i am still at a previous cleaning job, i've applied on line, and in person at more than 30 banks, some repetedly, if anyone knows any way of actually getting into a bank, any help would be GREATLY appreciated

pm me any info anyone may have
thanks

dj_rice
07-07-2006, 07:04 PM
No criminal record would help and also being a female :thumbsup:

BigWill
07-07-2006, 07:30 PM
i got the "no criminal record" thing going for me, as for the being female thing... that might take a bit more work

Impreza
07-07-2006, 07:46 PM
That's odd because I know TD CanadaTrust is short staffed at many locations!

djayz
07-07-2006, 07:54 PM
yah bank jobs are fairly easy to get if you have a little bit of schooling in the field

you have an accounting degree or something under your belt or you just trying to get into a bank with no previous experience or schooling?

adam c
07-07-2006, 08:36 PM
i work for ATB.. i dont work in the branch but in the corporate centre.. its decent, pm if ur interested and ill send u some links

BigWill
07-08-2006, 01:33 PM
i was taking business operations and managment at devry, but havent finished it yet, only have my first year, but i am planning on finishing...either than that, i got my first year mechanics, but that wont help, i really cant figure out WHY they seem to hire anyone but me,lol, any idea which branches of TD canada trust are hiring???

Impreza
07-08-2006, 01:44 PM
My gf is a Canadian Studies major and she had no problem getting a bank job. Unless there is something seriously wrong with your resume, you really shouldn't have this hard of a time getting a bank job. Sounds odd that 30 banks have rejected you! Something is obviously wrong...

ShOwOfF
07-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Pm me if you're still interested in a teller position.

hs2000
07-10-2006, 06:38 PM
I'm also interested in working at the bank. I'm currently enrolled at U of L, in the Bachelor of Management Degree (accounting).

I have a 2 year Accounting diploma from SAIT. If there is anything available on here for any banks. I would seriously be interested. I'm just starting my search today for jobs.

Thanks.

GTS Jeff
07-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Uh I got a job as a teller at TD back when I was 17 in the middle of high school! The only prior work experience I had was dishwashing too. Try harder.

This means put on a pair of nice shoes, dress up a bit (not like you're going to some sleazy bar, but professionally) and walk in there and axe for the manager of customer service. Then talk your way in. If they won't hire you, ask why and work that shit out.

danno567
07-10-2006, 08:25 PM
start your own thread, or big willie will get upset.

Originally posted by hs2000
I'm also interested in working at the bank. I'm currently enrolled at U of L, in the Bachelor of Management Degree (accounting).

I have a 2 year Accounting diploma from SAIT. If there is anything available on here for any banks. I would seriously be interested. I'm just starting my search today for jobs.

Thanks.

BigWill
07-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by danno567
start your own thread, or big willie will get upset.

:rofl: :rofl:

joyridder
07-10-2006, 11:03 PM
it also helps when you actually go down a branch and ask to speak to the manager as well. Also try faxing the branches individually.....good luck!

BigWill
07-10-2006, 11:07 PM
thanks for all the tips, im still givin'er, any more tips or connections anyone might have, keep'em comming

sCream
07-11-2006, 12:30 AM
I work for TD Credit Administration in edmonton. I was checking out the employment opportunities in calgary (i deal with all calgary south branches but have access to all branches in calgary), and there are tons of jobs available. If theres a particular location your looking at let me know, and ill let you know what they need.

HybridTheory
07-11-2006, 02:01 AM
I used to work at ATB and Scotiabank and the way I got those jobs was through applying online through Workopolis. I didn't work at the branch though, I worked in the call centre at Scotia and one of the offices for ATB. The only experience that I had before working at the bank was working at Superstore. Also, some of the people that I worked with at Scotia were also Devry students. They told me that they got an interview for the job through talking with the representatives at the career fair. From what I've heard, TD and Scotia are the best banks to work at. Personally, I thought Scotia was a better place to work at than ATB.

s2k_boi
07-13-2006, 04:19 PM
i agree with everyone else. try harder!! just like sCream said. td in calgary has tonnes of postings for teller jobs.