PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing from import concern

Fcuk
07-07-2006, 07:16 PM
- MR2 #1 (http://www.importconcern.ca/stock/100267/)

need help finding a mr2 :)

kdwebber
07-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Import concern is definetly a reputable company. Body chart looks pretty good and the low kms are good as well.

The blue one doesnt work for me.

If you are going to import this car it looks like a good choice, otherwise you can buy local and pay more but you can test drive and get a mechanical inspection. Its up to you.

Graham_A_M
07-07-2006, 10:09 PM
I was thinking about buying that red one. $7k is a steal for a 2nd gen MR2 with 74k on it. Too bad that its a RHD though. Import Concern is great, but check out

http://www.j-specimports.ca They have access to (practically) 10 MR2's at any time... I just browse through them whenever I'm scoping out the JDM cars. They also seem to be very reputable.

Fcuk
07-07-2006, 11:06 PM
thanks for the comments and suggestions, graham i checked out j-specimports but the only toyota they have is a aristo =(

I'll keep you guys updated on my decision

Fcuk
07-07-2006, 11:40 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c9/genova_1/mr2/RearRight.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c9/genova_1/mr2/Side.jpg

mx73someday
07-08-2006, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
http://www.j-specimports.ca They have access to (practically) 10 MR2's at any time... I just browse through them whenever I'm scoping out the JDM cars. They also seem to be very reputable.

J-Spec doesn't own the cars they list, they list mostly dealer/classified cars from across Japan.

Cornfed
07-08-2006, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Fcuk
thanks for the comments and suggestions, graham i checked out j-specimports but the only toyota they have is a aristo =(

I'll keep you guys updated on my decision

Where were you looking? They got a lot more than an aristo. I just got my car yesterday through J-Spec(MR-2 also). I would also suggest not going for an auction grade 3.0 car, it's a bit more of a gamble. I know it's hard to find 3.5's and even 4.0 MR-2's but they show up once in a while.

Fcuk
07-08-2006, 07:23 AM
anyone know of any good mr2's for a decent price?

mx73someday
07-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Cornfed

I would also suggest not going for an auction grade 3.0 car, it's a bit more of a gamble. I know it's hard to find 3.5's and even 4.0 MR-2's but they show up once in a while.

How is a grade 3.0 car a gamble? The grade isn't even what matters, the inspector's comments and the body chart on the auction sheet are the most valuable information. Judging a car solely on the grade is foolish, you have to look at everything on the auction sheet.

Graham_A_M
07-08-2006, 03:56 PM
^ check out the dealer cars, the featured cars as well. I found 10 when searching the featured cars. Some non-turbo, some automatic some 5 speed. I found a really nice white one that looked great. Turbo 5 speed to boot; it was $8k I think. You can't post links from J-spec; when you click on them they just go to the main menu.. otherwise I'd show you some of them.

Its great with Import concern; since they land the cars here for you so you can test drive them before you decide. Obviously with J-spec, your in the dark until you've already paid for it in full and its on your driveway.

kdwebber
07-08-2006, 04:18 PM
I've never delt with j-spec imports but I have dealt with import concern and it was a great experience. Could not ask for a better transaction. You can't go wrong with import concern.

CryoCarnage
07-08-2006, 05:01 PM
umm buy that car. And id be damned to say Importconcern doesnt know their shit. they helped me with my questions soo many times. eventually i just bought a supra instead of a mr2 but the ones i was looking at were not near in good condition as that one. Buy it and have fun.

Fcuk
07-08-2006, 05:08 PM
Yeah i just saw some of the mr2's on j-spec. None really caught my attention for a decent price that was white w/ 5speed tranny.

I'm still contemplating on the blue one and now this one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/cheezehd4life/temecula/DSCN0180.jpg

they are both 10,000 USD

the blue one has 50,000 Miles on new engine however the chasis has 36,000 miles ( originally 107,000 ) .. the idiot switched the cluster so now carfax isn't too happy lol.

the silver one has 40,000 miles on the new engine however the chasis shows 177,000 miles

Whats your guys input?

Graham_A_M
07-08-2006, 05:15 PM
that Silver one is nice as hell. Thats a killer looking car. But keep in mind the US ---> Canada importing process takes about a month, so it'll be late July before you get an Alberta plate on the car. You have to wait for your Form 1 & 2 to come in.. Federal & provincial inspection; man its a pain in the ass. But its probably worth it. $10k for either looks to be a great deal.

-Jay21-
07-08-2006, 05:24 PM
^ check out the dealer cars, the featured cars as well. I found 10 when searching the featured cars. Some non-turbo, some automatic some 5 speed. I found a really nice white one that looked great. Turbo 5 speed to boot; it was $8k I think. You can't post links from J-spec; when you click on them they just go to the main menu.. otherwise I'd show you some of them.

Its great with Import concern; since they land the cars here for you so you can test drive them before you decide. Obviously with J-spec, your in the dark until you've already paid for it in full and its on your driveway.

I am an extremly happy J-Spec customer. I recieved my car recently and its absolutly the best thing I did to go with them. Ben from J-Spec is great to deal with and answers all of your questions as honestly and fully as possible. He got a mechanical inspection including a compression test done on my car.
And it was a hell of a lot cheaper then any JDM cars available in Canada, and in great condition too. I wouldn't hesitate to deal with them again. :thumbsup:

Fcuk
07-08-2006, 05:27 PM
that Silver one is nice as hell. Thats a killer looking car. But keep in mind the US ---> Canada importing process takes about a month, so it'll be late July before you get an Alberta plate on the car. You have to wait for your Form 1 & 2 to come in.. Federal & provincial inspection; man its a pain in the ass. But its probably worth it. $10k for either looks to be a great deal.

It takes a month? :eek:

So if i was to pick it up tomorrow would i have to get a temporary plate? I was reading something similar to this on jaymez thread about importing from the states. I should find some newb steps on how to import lol with really EXACT steps what to do because im seriously contemplating booking a flight for monday to check out these 2 cars.

schurchill39
07-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Jaymez' thread is pretty step by step if you ask me. Just make sure you read it carefully. There are alot of other places around the net with info like that to.

coolkiller
07-20-2006, 01:00 PM
Does anyone know how to get hold of the guys from importconcern. Ive left a message and I havent heard back from them, I want to buy a vechile and not sure if I asked the rite question or questions since they havent gotten back to me.
Any help would be awesome, from guys that know them or have delt with them pls pm.

mx73someday
07-21-2006, 01:43 AM
I PM'd you back, if you sent an email this week, it was probably answered today. We got a little overwhelmed this week.

japancar
09-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Fcuk
anyone know of any good mr2's for a decent price?

Honestly, I can help you with this. PM me for my details, as I don't want to look like I'm a spammer.

carter_prelude
09-10-2006, 08:10 PM
I think hes got one now :thumbsup:

and as it turns out...it WAS a pain in the ass lol

aw well

KoukiS14
09-10-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by japancar

Honestly, I can help you with this. PM me for my details, as I don't want to look like I'm a spammer.

he already found a car

japancar
09-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by KoukiS14

he already found a car

Wow, that was fast. Thanks for letting me know. I'm an exporter in Japan, but lived in Edmonton.

carter_prelude
09-10-2006, 08:16 PM
you'll be getting a PM around spring...I NEED one of these, I'll have money by then im pretty sure. :thumbsup: I'll add you to my friends list so that i don't forget about you when im shopping around

japancar
09-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by carter_prelude
you'll be getting a PM around spring...I NEED one of these, I'll have money by then im pretty sure. :thumbsup: I'll add you to my friends list so that i don't forget about you when im shopping around

Thanks for that. I am trying to become a sponsor here too, so I don't leech off this site and not give anything back.

Annoyingrob
09-11-2006, 07:42 AM
Too bad that its a RHD though.

Dude, chicks dig the RHD. Seriously :)

japancar
09-11-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Annoyingrob

Dude, chicks dig the RHD. Seriously :)

Cool, that's all the more reason for an import! If chicks don't dig your ride, then what's the purpose?

Annoyingrob
09-12-2006, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by japancar

Cool, that's all the more reason for an import! If chicks don't dig your ride, then what's the purpose?

Haha, yes! I also love the "What the fuck" look EVERYBODY gives me when I'm driving. I dont know how many people have rolled down their windows at traffic lights, and asked "What's wrong with your car?"

It's also really funny to have your passenger wave his hands out the window when you're driving. Scare the hell out of other moterists.

I miss the Wendy's drive-through though.

japancar
09-12-2006, 03:12 PM
Here in Japan, its the same with Left-hand drive cars. But there are very few drive-thrus (McDonalds is pretty much the only place).

The highway toll booths have one lane for LHD cars where the ticket machine is on both sides, just to show you the popularity. I would say a good 30% of German cars are LHD. But, we can get RHD newer model Jeeps and Chrysler PT-Roadster.

Funny though, I see lots of older LHD Buick Roadmaster sedans and wagons all pimped out and custom painted, lowered and with huge speakers. Then the "dude" drives around with the windows down and "rap" pounding out from the speakers.