PDA

View Full Version : Official 2006 Calgary Stampede Thread

okayplyer
07-08-2006, 12:18 AM
Post your thoughts, tips, feelings, and funny anecdotes on this year's stampede here.

adam c
07-08-2006, 12:24 AM
its fucking gay this year!!

Si_FlyGuy
07-08-2006, 01:07 AM
Nelly Furtado and Saukrates are on the coke stage tomorrow. I dunno if it's worth admission and people with B.O.

adam c
07-08-2006, 01:13 AM
^^ not worth it IMO

i rather see bubba sparxx

Vagabond142
07-08-2006, 09:40 AM
^^^ don't forget Hammer :D

azn_b1ad3
07-08-2006, 01:49 PM
THEY TOOK OUT THE GOOD RIDES!!!! G-Force, zipper, drop of fear (sold last year = gone too). well thats what my brother said when he went yesterday, and all the rides were being fixed, suck for him:thumbsdow

Aleks
07-08-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by adam c
its fucking gay EVERY year!!

:thumbsup:

GQBalla
07-08-2006, 02:24 PM
but dont we go every year anyway???:cry:

adam c
07-08-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

:thumbsup:

funny...

no it seems to be GETTING worse every year tho

its a different company this year, its no conklin shows. this company out bid the others by 1m or something stupid.. GAY!

Anton
07-08-2006, 10:55 PM
Rides are simply pathetic. The Coke stage is packed as hell so even if it is "free" you can't see anything. Too many fat girls in denial wearing something they fit into when they were 5. Too many try-hards with hair that has way too much gel.

The lemonade, ice cream, mini donuts, that bakery that sells those sausage rolls and the rarely seen, properly dressed nice looking girls make it somewhat bearable.

toyboy88
07-08-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy
Nelly Furtado and Saukrates are on the coke stage tomorrow. I dunno if it's worth admission and people with B.O.

:werd: ...to the people with B.O espicially since its linke almost 30 degrees outside :cry:

Impreza
07-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Anton
Rides are simply pathetic. The Coke stage is packed as hell so even if it is "free" you can't see anything. Too many fat girls in denial wearing something they fit into when they were 5. Too many try-hards with hair that has way too much gel.

The lemonade, ice cream, mini donuts, that bakery that sells those sausage rolls and the rarely seen, properly dressed nice looking girls make it somewhat bearable.

This is hilarious because it is so fucking true. Some girls need to just realize they're fat and they need to cover up!

Envitro
07-08-2006, 11:10 PM
I know.. I drove through McLeod earlier tonight and the amount of fat chicks wearing really tight fitting clothing that doesn't even come close to fitting them is retarted..

Now, on the other hand, the amount of hot chicks trying to be cowgirls far outweighs it... even though I think it's fucking gay that everyone dresses up as a god damned cowboy/girl during these god-forsaken 10 days or whatever it is...

SikAssR1
07-08-2006, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Envitro
I know.. I drove through McLeod earlier tonight and the amount of fat chicks wearing really tight fitting clothing that doesn't even come close to fitting them is retarted..

come on...fat chicks need lovin too:rofl:

Si_FlyGuy
07-09-2006, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by toyboy88

:werd: ...to the people with B.O espicially since its linke almost 30 degrees outside :cry:

People need to be forced to wear a double dose of Mitchum anti-perspirant and dri-fit clothing.

I'm wearing a long sleeved black/grey dri-fit golf shirt so that I don't have to touch anyone's sweaty sticky arms when I go. People who just ran a marathon smell better.

Originally posted by SikAssR1

come on...fat chicks need lovin too:rofl:

I'd be more than happy to appoint you my share of fat chick lovin. I don't mind fat chicks, I just hate the ones who overcompensate for their low self esteem by being overly abrasive as a pre-emptive defense system.

:barf:

okayplyer
07-09-2006, 12:38 AM
Digest this piece of advice, my friends. Fat chicks ALWAYS put out. They too glad just to be gettin' some lovin' to care who its from. Just make sure they don't cling on to you after you're done. (i.e. Don't fuck em in your crib or leave them your real #.) Other than that they're a quick fix when Palmala isn't quite cutting it.

Sprinter
07-09-2006, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by adam c
^^ not worth it IMO

i rather see bubba sparxx

Bubba Sparx is gonna be off the hook.

I agree with the crappyness of the rides... they seriously need to get some new ones or elseThe Stampede is going down the drain.

Can't believe they charge $12 now... Might as well go in early and get stamped :thumbsup:

soupey
07-09-2006, 02:02 AM
mann i bailed out today after trying to stay for saukrates, the ground seized up with people, it was impossible to see much at all, i heard furtado's music from far, seemed pretty good i guess, i wish that the coca cola stage was more of a platform or something so the shows can happen all around instead of only on one side on level grounds, they need some sort of elevation somewhere so that u can see whats going on...o well...

h_s
07-09-2006, 02:10 AM
still underage sluts and "hardcore" crews walking around doing absolutely fuck all??

al-ti2d
07-09-2006, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by h_s
still underage sluts and "hardcore" crews walking around doing absolutely fuck all??

oh ya! I went on Friday and there was like 3 fights

Charon
07-09-2006, 11:14 AM
Nashville north was great, so long as you can get in its not bad inside. Not very crowded, and great if you like country music.

I dont mind everyone wearing cowboy hats etc.... WTF is wrong with getting into stampede and having fun ?? Time to grow up kids. Last time I checked it never hurt someone else by wearing a cowboy hat.
Those doing the bitching and whining about stampede, your the only ones to blame if you dont have fun.

cman
07-09-2006, 03:46 PM
I still hate over/under this year lol. Gets me everywhere but hey it's only once a year so why not.
Who cares about everywhere wearing cowboy hats and button up shirts, nothing wrong with having stampede spirit IMO.

jdmakkord
07-09-2006, 03:54 PM
I got to listen to some goof shouting "go oilers" walking down the ramp to the front gate....I replyed "go pronger" he shut right up.:rofl:

Anton
07-09-2006, 03:54 PM
The dress up isn't what pisses me off, it's when you walk by people at the stampede grounds and you overhear people say that you're not in the stampede mood and that you're a loser cause you're not dressed up. Say what you will but I heard it quite a few times. Just cause I don't wanna wear a cowboy hat, jeans and some boots doesn't mean I'm not in the stampede mood.

The stampede grounds are shit, however, the city becomes alive when it's stampede time. Everyone seems happier on the streets. All the cute girls come out of hiding. Plus, it's something to do.

Grow up kids? We did grow up and got opinions based on our experiences at the stampede on some of the dumbasses that come as a package with the it.

Want to wear cowboy stuff, go for it but don't think that if you're decked out in more cowboy shit than me means that you're better.

three33
07-09-2006, 04:11 PM
It's very dirty this year, garbage everywhere, I did not see one of those kids who sweeps up the garbage and I was there for almost 12 hours yesterday, the bathrooms are sick, everywhere is unkept, maybe the can't find employment or what not, but it's still gross.

Slashin_
07-09-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by h_s

hardcore n slut need shit to do too??? and i am pretty sure they were doin sumthing considing its 12 bux to get in....enless u follow them around n see if there doin anything

theken
07-09-2006, 09:41 PM
whos got pics of chicks, i dont think i wil lbe able to make it thisw year, but i would like to see the talent