PDA

View Full Version : Been wanting to ask for a while...

TrU3pLaYa786
07-08-2006, 01:13 AM
Ok I'm gunna go out and ask..

Here's the thing..

It's a bit odd but here..

when i stand my backbone (middle of my back :)) sticks out a alittle bit, alot sticks out of the back of my neck a bit.. reminds me of some kinda dinosuar or some shit..

anyways, my mom has wanred me about this and tells me to stand tall, but i know that doesnt cut much.. can anyone suggest anything..

i have seen a couple of kids at school have this as well..

my mom's theory is that i am always lookign down, as my head's postiion is always facing down a bit..

help?

tapout
07-08-2006, 02:19 AM
i dont think majority of beyonders are doctors.you should go see one thats ur best bet

glennc
07-08-2006, 02:42 AM
Maybe you ARE a dinosaur.

TrU3pLaYa786
07-08-2006, 02:50 AM
Maybe... But i dont think my mom would take me to the doctor especially for this..

thanx for the responses though

codo
07-08-2006, 07:43 AM
chiropractor mang

ecstasy_civic
07-08-2006, 10:36 AM
Skinny?

MudCrawler
07-08-2006, 10:39 AM
so are we for sure hes not a dinosaur?

~Leah~
07-08-2006, 11:44 AM
You may have a form scoliosis, but from what I know about it, the spine usually will be deformed left to right, not front to back... but I don't really know much about it. I would see a doctor if I were you

forkdork
07-08-2006, 03:36 PM
Scoliosis is a curve from left-right/right-left.

Spondolysis would be a front-back curve IIRC.

Definately go to your family doc though.

1-Bar
07-09-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
You may have a form scoliosis, but from what I know about it, the spine usually will be deformed left to right, not front to back... but I don't really know much about it. I would see a doctor if I were you

Originally posted by forkdork
Scoliosis is a curve from left-right/right-left.

Spondolysis would be a front-back curve IIRC.

Definately go to your family doc though.

Scoliosis is a curve away from the middle
Kyphosis is an exaggerated upper curve
Lordosis is an exaggerated lower curve

you can try for a postural exam too if its one of the above. Most of the time with these back problems, since everything is out of alignment, you might experience pain in your hips, knees, and/or ankles.