PDA

View Full Version : Too Much Rice?

XylathaneGTR
04-11-2003, 09:19 PM
I use that term loosly..
A few nights ago, i was going down nose hill, and had just passed crowfoot... Headlights in rearview mirror.
This Bright yellow Cavalier, with the most aggressive Cavalier bodykit i've ver seen, Dual Exhaust, a little bit of lowering, and rolling on steelies, Rips by me, and continues down the road...
The guy was ripping through traffic pretty fast...and it was, a little heavier for that time of night... Was the riciest cavalier i've seen to date.

Today, i was on the #3 Elbow Drive, going along Centre Street, and i saw this 1st gen, BRIGHT ass limest of lime green MR2 with Red Interior, and no body mods, now this thing was Neon Blidning Flourescent(sp?) green you've ever seen. The driver, had his seat WAYYY back, and all you could see was the top of his head, and a bandana....Thug driving 101.

Later today, at a resturant on 16th and Centre, there was a silver 5th gen prelude, Altezza's, and one hell of a messed up bodykit. The front was like a WW Invader style, and the back...Oh jesus...The back was the most fucked up thing i've ever seen.
It was similar...to this http://jspamerica.com/images/catalog/b1551int.jpg Except on the back of the car, and it had slots for a Dual exhaust, and some crazy ass aggressive vents. It had stock rims, stock ride height, and stock exhaust. Interior mods consisted of Chrome shift knob, and Chrome Ebrake.

Later, on the way home, i encountered 2 hotties...
One, a Black G2 Teg, with a primered rear bumber, baby blue z3 fenders, and a partly black front Bumber...invader style... About 10 mins later...there was a white Civic HB with again, Baby Blue Z3 fenders...

Whats with all teh people slapping stuff on their cars like that?
So much crazy ass rice and stuff...

Illusionsir
04-12-2003, 12:03 PM
what year was the civic HB?

DUBBED
04-12-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR
I
Today, i was on the #3 Elbow Drive, going along Centre Street, and i saw this 1st gen, BRIGHT ass limest of lime green MR2 with Red Interior, and no body mods, now this thing was Neon Blidning Flourescent(sp?) green you've ever seen. The driver, had his seat WAYYY back, and all you could see was the top of his head, and a bandana....Thug driving 101.

ive seen this guy alot... he tailgated my ass down crowchild for like 20 mins trying to race me...

XylathaneGTR
04-13-2003, 09:59 AM
The Civic HB was a newer one...Maybe a 99 or so?
I just think, that people shouldn't just throw bodykits on their cars so hastily, they should at least wait until they can afford to paint it...
Test fitting the bodykit, ok...but having it on with like, 6 different colors and driving that around all the time looks terrible...
IMO

lol Dubbed...funny...

Ajay
04-13-2003, 10:44 AM
I agree with you completely. Don't throw on a bodykit if you aren't going to get it painted to match the rest of your car as soon as you get it!

The only body style upgrades I'm adding to my hatch are gonna be a front and rear lip but I DEFINETLY don't plan on throwing it on as soon as I get it in the mail! Gonna order it up and when it gets here get it painted to match the rest of my car along with my mirrors, mouldings, skirts, and handles. Gotta do it right the first time!

jaylo
04-13-2003, 12:19 PM
Hehe to each his own!

Doodle
04-13-2003, 01:02 PM
I agree why put a primered or mismatched color kit or fender or a car, its making it look worse. Slap her in the shop get it painted and fit at the same time. yo.

szw
04-13-2003, 01:28 PM
maybe they notice people on the bus staring at their car and it makes them think it looks good.

ACS-e36
04-13-2003, 02:52 PM
i saw that 5th gen lude... silver right?! yeah its messed up lookin... very unique tho... i believe the front is r34 kit

Ajay
04-13-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by szw
maybe they notice people on the bus staring at their car and it makes them think it looks good.

If that was me driving by a bus and people were looking at my mismatched color schemed car I'de be DAMN embarrased!

Blue Devil 2
04-13-2003, 03:06 PM
That cavalier is rolling on it's winter tires just to let you know, and what the fuck do you drive? What makes it ricey? it has a bodykit? dual exhaust? I'd like to stuff rice down your throat till you choke on it...

lammer
04-13-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Blue Devil 2
That cavalier is rolling on it's winter tires just to let you know, and what the fuck do you drive? What makes it ricey? it has a bodykit? dual exhaust? I'd like to stuff rice down your throat till you choke on it...

i'll help you.

ConVict
04-13-2003, 05:42 PM
Ya rice is used WAY to much... Maybe the horrible looking shark faced 240 body kit that is MASSIVE and ugly as sin. I would call that rice.
But ya, a calvalier with a bodykit and dual exhaust in my opinion is not rice.

RGAGT
04-13-2003, 05:46 PM
Yeah theres more Ricey Probes out there then cavy's

Doodle
04-13-2003, 05:54 PM
I'd say its more of an attitude than the car. Its the little fags with cut springs and a can, running their mouths at a red light bout how fast they are, thats rice.

XylathaneGTR
04-13-2003, 08:31 PM
Yah, i know its his winter tires...was just saying.
Sorry for using the term, Rice...i know a lotta people get pissed when thats said.
As for the cavalier...I dunno...Just that kinda thing on a cavlier...I guess i was wrong to call it rice, sorry about that.

Yah, the 5th Gen Lude is silver. I thought the front was an Invader style...Unless he's had a few differnet kits on it... but the bottom part of it looked more like an Invader than an R34
But if the guy wanted to be unique, He definitly did a good job.

To each his own is definitly right...i was jsut stating my opinion...I :drool: for clean cars

ConVict
04-13-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by RGAGT
Yeah theres more Ricey Probes out there then cavy's

Buddy, I hate to tell ya but... Shut up you're an idoit

qwesterra
04-13-2003, 10:07 PM
Listen RGAGT, cav's are girlie friggin cars. Anyone who gets one by choice, i have nothing to say to. Well, because obviously they have already been told by a b!tch. Now, for someone to intentionally put more money into an already girlie car, to look more like a fag, has got rice. First they buy the car, for god knows why, then they do that! You think they got style and creativity? HELL NO! They are going to get the dam stickers, a tin can, and a big useless wing. I have met people who have "done" up their cav's and still have to meet one that is remotely manly or even one that didnt make me want to slap him like a girl that he is. For you to post somethin to compare it to probes, you get a thumbs down. True you can take any car and rice it out, but a probe will spank the cav, turn it sideways and shove it up the sunfires ass! I'd just suggest you drink obscene amounts of liquor to drown all memories of that. I know I will!

got rice?

Z

SinisterProbeGt
04-13-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by ConVict

Buddy, I hate to tell ya but... Shut up you're an idoit
nuf said :thumbsup:

izzoblitzo
04-13-2003, 11:11 PM
well, hey. thats pushin it.

Theres all kinds of people and they'll buy whatever for their own reasons. I've seen a red cavalier with chrome fender wells, APR, 'Cavalier' across the windshield and the single wiper conversion driven by a mid 20's girl. I've also seen a teal civic hatch with chrome fenders, tezzas, 'chainlink' steering wheel and HUGE white nike swoosh sprawled out on the back window.

as for cavaliers and probes, who hasnt seen the wacky ones we've got... like the FATF 'eclipse' cavalier, or how about the red probe with ja-rule style graphics, wiper conversion and HUGE APR? Each brand has their own faults and fathers, civics got their latino heats and the mustangs have their 'GT-R's. AC-Shnitzer civic? ditto. Type-R Preludes and Oldsmobiles? seen that too.

It doesnt matter what you drive or come here to represent, theres always the haters. The term rice is thrown around everywhere these days, and in alot of ways, its not what kind of ride your showcasing, its how you represent yourself.

If you have a less-than-liked brand of car, it doesnt make you look any better when whole mass of fags drive like maniacs, flippin fingers, slapping nike swooshes and adding neons everywhere. I know it, because I own a cavalier.

ConVict
04-13-2003, 11:39 PM
At a boy izzo ... thats the best way I have heard it been said in a long time. I would put that as my Sig if it wasnt so damn long...
Once again good job

Coryz
04-13-2003, 11:54 PM
yes well said..... i think we can all say we have seen cars like our own that are just hideous... but its just a reason to make yours that much better

Superesc
04-14-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Coryz
yes well said..... i think we can all say we have seen cars like our own that are just hideous... but its just a reason to make yours that much better

exactly! :thumbsup:

buh_buh
04-14-2003, 12:03 AM
and I bet the guys that like the aggressive kits and neon lights think the clean cars look nasty and gross.

RSeXy
04-14-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by qwesterra
HELL NO! They are going to get the dam stickers, a tin can, and a big useless wing.

For you to post somethin to compare it to probes, you get a thumbs down. True you can take any car and rice it out, but a probe will spank the cav, turn it sideways and shove it up the sunfires ass! I'd just suggest you drink obscene amounts of liquor to drown all memories of that. I know I will!

got rice?

Z

When are most of the wings you see on cars on Calgary streets "useful?"

:confused:

RGAGT wasn't comparing the cavalier and the probe power wise...he was talking "rice" wise...i think it is common sense to know that a probe is faster than a cavalier...no need to be a dick about it.

RSeXy
04-14-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo

Theres all kinds of people and they'll buy whatever for their own reasons. I've seen a red cavalier with chrome fender wells, APR, 'Cavalier' across the windshield and the single wiper conversion driven by a mid 20's girl. I've also seen a teal civic hatch with chrome fenders, tezzas, 'chainlink' steering wheel and HUGE white nike swoosh sprawled out on the back window.

as for cavaliers and probes, who hasnt seen the wacky ones we've got... like the FATF 'eclipse' cavalier, or how about the red probe with ja-rule style graphics, wiper conversion and HUGE APR? Each brand has their own faults and fathers, civics got their latino heats and the mustangs have their 'GT-R's. AC-Shnitzer civic? ditto. Type-R Preludes and Oldsmobiles? seen that too.

It doesnt matter what you drive or come here to represent, theres always the haters. The term rice is thrown around everywhere these days, and in alot of ways, its not what kind of ride your showcasing, its how you represent yourself.

If you have a less-than-liked brand of car, it doesnt make you look any better when whole mass of fags drive like maniacs, flippin fingers, slapping nike swooshes and adding neons everywhere. I know it, because I own a cavalier.

couldn't have said it better myself! :thumbsup: :werd:

SinisterProbeGt
04-14-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
and I bet the guys that like the aggressive kits and neon lights think the clean cars look nasty and gross.
Personally I have an agressive kit and I like the look of both a clean car looks good and and agressive car looks but if your trying to do both then yeah it looks like shit:guns::devil:

unibrain
04-14-2003, 12:23 AM
hehehehe! buh_buh is right.. they prolly think the clean cars arnt 'modded enough'. Well you knows... even the slightest of mods like tire valve stem caps are 'mods'. :)

The agressive ones are fine by me. So is the clean. I've got a true Veilside kit myself. But somewhere along the way, you gotta make up your mind what you wanna be!

mwmhong
04-14-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Blue Devil 2
I'd like to stuff rice down your throat till you choke on it...

You got Vanderlei Silva in your avatar.
The Axe-Murderer! :thumbsup:

qwesterra
04-14-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy

When are most of the wings you see on cars on Calgary streets "useful?"

:confused:

RGAGT wasn't comparing the cavalier and the probe power wise...he was talking "rice" wise...i think it is common sense to know that a probe is faster than a cavalier...no need to be a dick about it.

I dont need to be a dick, but if something comes up, that calls you to be one, why hide it? That is how I feel about cav's and the losers that drive them. I find it hard to respect someone that wont even respect themselves. I appreciate you taking a stand RSexy, im not knockin you down on this. But if I find a post that is stupid, ill call stupid on it, and call it how i see it. As for getting off topic, about speed, my bad. That is an important thing to me. Same with not having people laugh at me, but everyone is their own, so ill let them get laughed at, and I will laugh it up too. Hey! I drive the ugliest thing on the road, and I totally understand why people stare, hell I dont even get mad. My ride may be ugly, but its no bitch-mobile. Ill take a cav anytime, anyplace, hell ill drive them to the scrap yard to pick their pieces after I lay tracks all over it.

Z

XylathaneGTR
04-14-2003, 03:02 PM
Blah...I wouldn't like this thread to become a flame war, so please guys, control yourselves...

I used to like really aggressive cars, (Gullwing Veilside Supra, etc) and i still do, In some cases, Agressiveness is the way to go, in other ways, cleanness is the way to go IMO.
Buh, your definitly right...People see things 2 ways in most cases. 1 group likes Clean Cars, and thinks Aggressive cars, (Sorry Sinister, but i'll use you here) Like SinisterProbeGT's ride, as too overly modded, and a waste of time, money, and effort... The other group favors agressiveness, and sees Clean, Sleepers, and useless, So what if it goes fast, it has to show its fast too?
You guys know what i mean?

Izzo, couldn't have said it better... and to me, qwesterrra is just yelling at people for what they drive, hating on their cars because of his prejudice formed oppinons.
I just started this thread to state my opinion...not to hate.

Scott
04-14-2003, 05:42 PM
I have met people who have done up their cav's and still have to meet one that is remotely manly or even one that didnt make me want to slap him like a girl that he is.

LOL, you are the MAN! :rofl:

Mike09
04-14-2003, 05:57 PM
See, the term "rice" is used way too much now. Rice: is the rusted out civic with huge HKS decals, big aluminum spoiler, fart can exhaust, and pimpin the old star hubcaps, that's rice. A cavalier with bodykit and exhaust is not rice.

XylathaneGTR
04-14-2003, 08:05 PM
If you actually red the post...Which i can tell you didn't, I corrected myself about the Cav... I was just...startled by it.
However, the Thugged out Lime MR2, and the fucked up 5th gen, im sticking to my story.

unibrain
04-14-2003, 10:37 PM
fricken harsh! but its not a personal attack, so I bets be stayin outta this.

Lemme ask, is a VW bug considered a womans car? you know, the new beatle. Like, they all come with a flower in a flower holder and all at the shop. What about guys that drive the veedoobie with the flower still in tact? Or is it still just for hippies? What about the echo or prius? Arnt those aimed at like, women? The next cavalier is a rebadged Opel Astra. Pretty womanly, kinda?

Not to be stereotypical or anything, but I think your statements, although very personal, for whatever reasons, is still very predjudice. I mean, it doesnt affect anybody but those that drive these cars, right? If it helps, I had my Papa John's delivered by a maroon probe with red underglow the other night. its the same kind of red glow eminating from the Papa John's flashing sign.

its nice to know that people try to be different. It gets kinda boring when everybody at the table is complementing each other on their 95 accords with blackwidow kits. The way I see it, theres more and more of these cavaliers that are being modded, and prolly with the mass of them being done up poorly, the few that are done up good really get a chance to show themselves. Now Im not talking about the the ones with the huge bowties and calvin peeing on 'ford' on the back window, im talkin about the clean ones with bomex kits, slammed rolling 18's (i've seen one around these parts)

Cavaliers in my opinion are starting to roll, and are becoming cult classics. People love to rag on them, but it takes alotta balls to go out and defy all odds against the grain. Its probably the most hated lil car around on these boards, but hey, not bad for a car with limited support. Who said they cant be fast? few have tried, who knows. They dont have to be fast, because if you wanted fast, get a vette or cobra gt, TL type S, quattro.

Doodle
04-14-2003, 10:58 PM
Cavaliers will earn my respect when I start liking vaseline on toast.

qwesterra
04-15-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by unibrain
fricken harsh! but its not a personal attack, so I bets be stayin outta this.

Lemme ask, is a VW bug considered a womans car? you know, the new beatle. Like, they all come with a flower in a flower holder and all at the shop. What about guys that drive the veedoobie with the flower still in tact? Or is it still just for hippies? What about the echo or prius? Arnt those aimed at like, women? The next cavalier is a rebadged Opel Astra. Pretty womanly, kinda?

Yes they are made for women it seems, same rule applies to those faeries as well.

Not to be stereotypical or anything, but I think your statements, although very personal, for whatever reasons, is still very predjudice. I mean, it doesnt affect anybody but those that drive these cars, right? If it helps, I had my Papa John's delivered by a maroon probe with red underglow the other night. its the same kind of red glow eminating from the Papa John's flashing sign.

Props for the johnsy! I hope that is something people understand, rather then assume rice lights... Did he have the sign on it too?

its nice to know that people try to be different. It gets kinda boring when everybody at the table is complementing each other on their 95 accords with blackwidow kits. The way I see it, theres more and more of these cavaliers that are being modded, and prolly with the mass of them being done up poorly, the few that are done up good really get a chance to show themselves. Now Im not talking about the the ones with the huge bowties and calvin peeing on 'ford' on the back window, im talkin about the clean ones with bomex kits, slammed rolling 18's (i've seen one around these parts)

Dont have a point here really, so i cant respond really

Cavaliers in my opinion are starting to roll, and are becoming cult classics. People love to rag on them, but it takes alotta balls to go out and defy all odds against the grain. Its probably the most hated lil car around on these boards, but hey, not bad for a car with limited support. Who said they cant be fast? few have tried, who knows. They dont have to be fast, because if you wanted fast, get a vette or cobra gt, TL type S, quattro.

Now this is something... First, cavs are gettin popular, but not in the sense we are talking about. People buy them, because they are the cheapest things on the road. Second, People like to rag on them, because they suck, and they are girlie. Third, People who do up probes are going agains the norm, the norm right now is pretty much hondas... right? forth, now I like your TL(Lots a potential, in a comfy ass ride) and quattro(Their AUDIS!!!!) statements, the vette rules too (Z06!!!!), but the cobra is a little slow, i like the old 67 GT!

You have your ideas, I have mine, and this is me wording along your lines. I still hate cav's and am waiting for someone with a cav, that will stand up for himself... what does it say about them, when the people that own them, hide? Actually... I want one to come up, and shut me up, i want an owner to give me, specs, and guides to what makes it earn my respect. It took a while, for me to like probes, about 3 years to be exact, but now I know tonnes about them... So all fagaliers come and step up, bring proof, and make sense. I will be a man, and back down, if you are worthy of it... and dont make me laugh that is...

Z

Illusionsir
04-15-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Mike09
See, the term "rice" is used way too much now. Rice: is the rusted out civic with huge HKS decals, big aluminum spoiler, fart can exhaust, and pimpin the old star hubcaps, that's rice. A cavalier with bodykit and exhaust is not rice.

Correction: All civics are rice reguardless of year, model or modification.

Ben
04-15-2003, 01:16 PM

I think we've found the said civic

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13991

He drove by me and he looked at me though his rear passenger window, thats how much of a lean he had going on.

Scott
04-15-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Doodle
Cavaliers will earn my respect when I start liking vaseline on toast.

Yeah, until then, keep putting it in your ass Vas-man

izzoblitzo
04-15-2003, 07:39 PM
got some good points in there unibrain.

Well, the fact of the matter is, Cavaliers arnt fast. and they wont be fast. Who said it would anyway? The fastest ones on the org. are only what, 14-15 second cars at most, and prolly pushin juice. If I could have access to huge abundants of money, and speed, trust me, I woulda spent it on something else. My car was my first car. I paid for it with my own money coming outta highschool. My PointA to B mode of transport. I wanted a new car, but just didnt think the stock civic hatch (by the way was a few grand more) was best for me at the time. I'll have my regrest in time, but for now, im fine with what I have. If you can be judgemental about it, and start judging people by what they drive, or what they where, it goes to show what kind of person you are. The things you said, may be cruel, and many may not totally agree with you. But hey, just because you say that (not necessarily at my car, but at the kind of cars alike) I dont have to go around and tell people I wanna slap you around like a girl, or shove you up a sunfires butt.

This is a forum, where words mean absolutely nothing. But along the way, you meet new people, and asume new interests. I can see it from your perspective when you cant afford to drive a new car or something, and have to do with what you have. Why so much hate towards a car, nobody will ever know, and most wont care to find out. but hey, thats you, do what you like!

This thread started out on topic, then off. Like, someone stated they've seen more 'ricey' probes than cavaliers.. well hey.. they're entitled to say what they say.. they are not you, and dont see and feel everything you feel. I myself, personally, have seen more probes deemed 'ricy' in today's standards. and by that I dont meant debadged, more of the LED washer light variety. But hey, if we knew you were so ultra-sensitive about it, nobody woulda said a word. Then again, like I said, we're not all feelin the way you feel.

Cavaliers will get ragged on. no doubts about it.. and with as many as we see on the roads today, young drivers, crazy drivers, theres nothing anybody can do to stop them from doing what they believe is 'right'.. because we're not them.

So many people take this hobby so litterally, that its only limted to this car, and that car, and when somebody shows up with something different, its beat on. And I mean, who doesnt know that. The new kid on the block. Your entitled to your opinions, and Im entitled to mine. Nobody anywhere is ever gonna beat a viper with a cavalier, although theres alotta people that act like they can. Call BS, and call it a day. This particular car just doesnt have that kind of aftermarket support.

Coryz
04-15-2003, 07:48 PM

You have your ideas, I have mine, and this is me wording along your lines. I still hate cav's and am waiting for someone with a cav, that will stand up for himself... what does it say about them, when the people that own them, hide? Actually... I want one to come up, and shut me up, i want an owner to give me, specs, and guides to what makes it earn my respect. It took a while, for me to like probes, about 3 years to be exact, but now I know tonnes about them... So all fagaliers come and step up, bring proof, and make sense. I will be a man, and back down, if you are worthy of it... and dont make me laugh that is...

Z

ok so ive let you speak your mind and holy shit do you have anything in your head at all???? yes you hate cavs thats great man that really is but why the hell would i want a probe? if you think that all cavs are driven by chicks that have shitty ass mods and ugly cars and shit then come to the 403 meet tomorrow night ive got something for you bitch.

XylathaneGTR
04-15-2003, 09:50 PM
Hmmm...
I dont see why scotts enjoying people hating on cavs, since Sunfires and Cavaliers are pretty much the same car (Same Platform, very very similar cars as far as i know.)

Anyways, i see Cavaliers, Neons, Sunfires, and Beetles as girl cars, partly because of the way they look. They got those big sweeping bodylines and stuff, and are kinda, roundish and "Cute" as a chick would say.
I saw somewhere the top 5 girl cars. Beetle, some other VW, Neon, and 2 other random cars were on it.

Thats definitly not totally true tho. There prolly are some Neons and Cavs that take a lot of shit, but can prolly own a lot of the cars on this board as well...Its nice to hear people speaking their minds...

Mike09
04-15-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Illusionsir

Correction: All civics are rice reguardless of year, model or modification.
Tru, but i'm saying ricer's. Sorry for not clarifying.

Scott
04-16-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR
[B]Hmmm...
I dont see why scotts enjoying people hating on cavs,

Where does it say i enjoy it? Im just not going to try and fight it anymore, 'cause there are just as many Gay-ass imports.

Anyways, i see Cavaliers, Neons, Sunfires, and Beetles as girl cars, partly because of the way they look.

and you drive the loser cruiser, so when you stop riding the bus and pay for a car, then you can talk shit.

izzoblitzo
04-16-2003, 12:40 AM
Scott, chill your jets dude, and break out a cold one. Theres no point in engaging in flame wars.. doesnt make anybody look good.. rather brings out the ugly sides of people. Not worth it dude.

max_boost
04-16-2003, 12:44 AM
Scott, chill your jets dude, and break out a cold one. Theres no point in engaging in flame wars.. doesnt make anybody look good.. rather brings out the ugly sides of people. Not worth it dude. LOL
You can have your own opinions but don't come across as a jackass and start offending people......and with that.....CLOSED! haha:rofl: