PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!! Oil In Spark Plug

jesterme
07-08-2006, 10:32 PM
My Car: 1990 2dr 5sp SR5 1.6l 151000kms

Ok ....so today I went to change the spark plugs.....I bought NGK-G Power plugs....anyway, so I took out the first 3 covers, you know the ones that sit on top of the spark plugs..the part that is attached to the ingition wire( NEWBIE TO CARS)...all was fine, the forth one...different story...took it out....loaded with what i think is oil....anyway have no clue ...it is the plug that is close to the distributer....and I have a Ae 92 1.6l engine. Any one know how bad this is and what it might be that is causing this....car runs perfect...but I am guessing it is running on three cyc. now.....Please help..

AE92_TreunoSC
07-08-2006, 10:57 PM
me again!

Its your spark plug tube seals, they are the seals that stop the oil from your head from entering the sparkplug tubes.

They install into the valve cover, so you need to pop the valve cover off and you'll see the rubber seals.

Also when the V/C is off, use a 2X4 with a hammer and tap the spark plug tubes to ensure they are properly seated with the head.

So you'll need a V/C gasket, V/C grommits ( the rubber things under the 10mm acorn nuts ) and the Spark plug tube seals.

edit: You might just wanna take it to a shop... or at the very least get some help.