PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Repair?

CSMRX7
07-09-2006, 11:49 AM
Anyone know a good place to get a phone repaired. My phone stopped working this morning so I need help ASAP!

BebeAphrodite
07-09-2006, 11:55 AM
It depends what's wrong with it, what carrier you are with, and also if it's under warranty.
If it's a bigger repair, not under warranty then you might as well buy a new phone.
Also your phone won't be repaired today, you'd be getting a loaner phone at some cell store (sometimes with a loaner fee), and the phone would be repaired later.
Some stores have an in city repair centre while others have to send it out.

CSMRX7
07-09-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by BebeAphrodite
It depends what's wrong with it, what carrier you are with, and also if it's under warranty.
If it's a bigger repair, not under warranty then you might as well buy a new phone.
Also your phone won't be repaired today, you'd be getting a loaner phone at some cell store (sometimes with a loaner fee), and the phone would be repaired later.
Some stores have an in city repair centre while others have to send it out.

Phone isn't under warranty, and the plan is with fido.

It seems to turn on, but thats as far as it gets it never actually loads, screen turns on too, but never actually loads.

Weapon_R
07-09-2006, 02:54 PM
What phone do you have?

CSMRX7
07-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Motorola V300, it may be time for a newer phone anyways.

Weapon_R
07-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Well if you really want to fix it, you can probably get it reflashed. Try turning it on while holding # and * and see if you get into the boot menu. From there, if you have a data cable, you can reflash the phone as it does sound like a software problem.

CSMRX7
07-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Well if you really want to fix it, you can probably get it reflashed. Try turning it on while holding # and * and see if you get into the boot menu. From there, if you have a data cable, you can reflash the phone as it does sound like a software problem.

When turnin on with th # and* I get a white screen, however I don't have a data cable so not much I can do. Anywhere I can take it to get this done.

Weapon_R
07-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by CSMRX7

When turnin on with th # and* I get a white screen, however I don't have a data cable so not much I can do. Anywhere I can take it to get this done.

Honestly it's not worth it. It now sounds like the problem is your flex cable, not the software. This will probably cost you as much, if not more, than buying a new phone. Besides, upgrading from the v300 (to anything) is like moving up from Hyundai to Mercedes ;)

CSMRX7
07-09-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Honestly it's not worth it. It now sounds like the problem is your flex cable, not the software. This will probably cost you as much, if not more, than buying a new phone. Besides, upgrading from the v300 (to anything) is like moving up from Hyundai to Mercedes ;)

LOL, ok time for a new phone. Hmm now what to get...

GQBalla
07-09-2006, 03:20 PM
nokia 6682!!!

Weapon_R
07-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Motorola L7! Check the marketplace, theres a nice one for sale ;)

sukito
07-10-2006, 10:51 AM
I'll fix your phone for 10 bucks,

a1jatt
07-10-2006, 11:50 AM
anybody knows who can reflash a nokia 6620 in calgary?