PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys think of this??

a1jatt
07-09-2006, 09:38 PM
Sony MP3 CD Car Deck (CDX-GT300) - Satellite Radio Ready

why would you or would you not buy it??

Makariri
07-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Personally, I stay far away from all Sony mobile audio products. Though they've made some improvements in quality with the X-plod line, I feel they're still far behind other car audio companies. I think there's much better quality head units out there for essentially the same money. I'm not a fan at all of their styling, either.

Tik-Tok
07-09-2006, 11:13 PM
Anything I've ever boughten from Sony, sucks ass. Everything has broken very shortly after warranty is over. Just my opinion.

nonsane
07-10-2006, 08:03 AM
I'm not really a car audio person so i may be wrong.

But i believe this is the deck i have(or something similar to it)

The sound is decent, but once per trip i need to reseat the faceplate for the buttons to function properly.

If you don't reseat it the volume up button will sometime press the "source" button instead, and get radio static.

MP3 Feature is awesome though, I have almost my whole collection on one CD, and it never gets old.

94teg
07-10-2006, 08:30 AM
Clarion!!!

rony_espana
07-10-2006, 08:42 AM
depends on the price...

If you want to be safe go with Alpine, can't go wrong there, they have a few that are XM radio ready. I've never had a problem with Alpine :thumbsup:

Jonathan@TCS
07-10-2006, 09:00 AM
My experience with sony was good, but I probably wont buy another one. I change my deck every 6 months or so, for a few years I ran only Sony decks, and for the price, their features were good. I did have a few problems, but warranty always took care of me. Then I switched to a Clarion just to try something else. The sound quality instantly improved. Now I run Pioneer Premier, and it is the best Sound I have ever had.

For the average person, I think sony is fine, but personally I would rather recommend Pioneer Premier.

a1jatt
07-10-2006, 09:45 AM
Would you recomend this .....?

DEH-P3800MP

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10071352&catid=10174#

Weapon_R
07-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Nothing wrong with Sony decks at all. As long as you have warranty they serve their purpose as cheap in car entertainment.

rony_espana
07-10-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by a1jatt
Would you recomend this .....?

DEH-P3800MP

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10071352&catid=10174#

thats a nice deck :thumbsup: good price for an MP3 too

a1jatt
07-10-2006, 10:01 AM
What is difference between pioneer premier and the pioneer??

in the specifications i dont see any difference other than the warranty.

rc2002
07-10-2006, 10:49 AM
Sony is good bang for your buck. Chances are you'll sell the car or replace the deck before it craps out anyway. Might as well save yourself some money.

You have to start thinking about theft when you start buying higher end stuff - you're guaranteed to lose money either out of your own pocket or with insurance premiums if it ever gets stolen.

GTS Jeff
07-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by a1jatt
What is difference between pioneer premier and the pioneer??

in the specifications i dont see any difference other than the warranty. Yup, that's it. Premier used to have more features, but in the last 2-3 years, Pioneer phased out the differences and the Premiers only have 1 more year of warranty. I dunno why TCS is so hooked on Premier either. :confused:

Weapon_R
07-10-2006, 06:35 PM
I'd be willing to bet that most users don't need any more than the Sony Xplod line of stereos. They do the job, they do it well, and they've come a long way since their early introductions.

a1jatt
07-10-2006, 10:15 PM
From the specs sony looks good. they have 24 bit d/a ,, low pass and high pass filter, aux in, approx 23 / channel rms power. i never had any deck broken, i still have sony from the cassete and cd days. they are like new.

jdm_jspec
07-10-2006, 11:03 PM
sonys arnt that bad
they are pretty good,and sounds alright
for the price you cant go wrong.
but look at some other decks to
... pioneer,clarion,alpine....

jdm_jspec
07-10-2006, 11:04 PM
look for sales at stores too like best buy,visions,futureshop...ect:clap:

SWX
07-11-2006, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Yup, that's it. Premier used to have more features, but in the last 2-3 years, Pioneer phased out the differences and the Premiers only have 1 more year of warranty. I dunno why TCS is so hooked on Premier either. :confused:

The Premier line also has some models the Pioneer line doesn't have Like the PRS880MP. and i think, but i could be wrong that the Premier line will sometimes have a higher voltage out.

Jonathan@TCS
07-11-2006, 08:54 AM
I don't have all the answers, but from what my spec sheets show me, here are a couple of differences.

Pioneer 4800 2.2v Preouts
Premier 480 4 V Preouts
The 480 has 3 sets of preouts, I am not sure if the 4800 has 2 or 3 sets.

Pioneer 6800 2.2V
Premier 680 4 V

Pioneer doesn't carry the 880 PRS

I will talk to the Pioneer rep, and see if there are other differences.

As for being hung up on Premier, I don't know if I would say that.
I have had Kenwood, Sony, Pioneer, Clarion, and Premier in my vehicles, and the Pioneer and Premier sounded the best out of all of them. I have sold and installed hundreds of decks, and from MY experience the Pioneers have been the most reliable. That is why I recommend them so much.

I think the 3800 is a good deck.

GTS Jeff
07-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Jonathan@TCS
I don't have all the answers, but from what my spec sheets show me, here are a couple of differences.

Pioneer 4800 2.2v Preouts
Premier 480 4 V Preouts
The 480 has 3 sets of preouts, I am not sure if the 4800 has 2 or 3 sets.

Pioneer 6800 2.2V
Premier 680 4 V

Pioneer doesn't carry the 880 PRS

I will talk to the Pioneer rep, and see if there are other differences.

As for being hung up on Premier, I don't know if I would say that.
I have had Kenwood, Sony, Pioneer, Clarion, and Premier in my vehicles, and the Pioneer and Premier sounded the best out of all of them. I have sold and installed hundreds of decks, and from MY experience the Pioneers have been the most reliable. That is why I recommend them so much.

I think the 3800 is a good deck. I've read many rumours about the decks actually having the same voltage preouts when tested though.

And yes, the 880 is a fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine deck. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

3.4L-QUADCAM
07-12-2006, 09:06 AM
Stick with pioneer, I've been working in car audio for the last four years and i had nothing but complains from customers about the junk that sony makes. the lazer lens on most sony decks seems to go out of allignment anywhere between 8-12 months of use and to fix that it would cost you as much as buying a new deck. Even though they are greatly priced and they have all the features that most people look for but the mechanism inside a sony is just junk.

a1jatt
07-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Thank you very much all the input, i really appreicati it.

is there any noticeable difference between the quality of the sound? are there some that sound better than others?

Tommy_Tequila
07-13-2006, 10:11 PM
Picked up my new system today, pioneer 4800 deck and a set of infinity speakers. Great sound, reasonable price and great work putting it in (thanks Jon from Country Hills Future Shop). I would recommend pioneer over all the systems I heard, using comparable speakers. Really, sound comes down to preferance, quality however is indisputable and pioneer, from my experience and research, is one of the best. If you are not going to install it yourself, try FS in Country Hills. They did my alarm and stereo system and were great with both. :thumbsup:

StonnedNDN
07-20-2006, 09:53 PM
im thinking of purchasing a Premier DEH-P980BT but i don't know if it's worth it, i have a Premier DEH-P8MP already installed. i also have a Ipod Connector, and XM radio, what do you guys prefer XM or Sirius?

SWX
07-20-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by StonnedNDN
im thinking of purchasing a Premier DEH-P980BT but i don't know if it's worth it, i have a Premier DEH-P8MP already installed. i also have a Ipod Connector, and XM radio, what do you guys prefer XM or Sirius?

I run XM and love it, but everyone has a preferance. Also if the only reason your thinking about going to the 980 is BT, i would look into the addapter from pioneer for BT that might plug into your deck you have now.

a1jatt
08-10-2006, 10:41 PM
i have bought deh4800 mp pioneer. I had a kenwood cd player (not mp3) i think it sounded way better than this.

black_radiation
08-18-2006, 11:45 PM
Pioneer FTW!

Pioneer > Sony