PDA

View Full Version : New photo this year!

Melinda
07-09-2006, 09:53 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to give the heads up to those of you who are still yet to venture to the stampede this year. I have once again had a photograph accepted into the stampede photo gallery in the round up centre. So if you guys are down there, check it out!

It's this picture, only without the rainbow (I added that in during post production in this particular shot)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/Syryda/ElieanDonan2Small.jpg

cman
07-09-2006, 09:57 PM
Sweet, congradulations!
I love that picture, what is the name of the castles location again?

BerserkerCatSplat
07-09-2006, 09:57 PM
:clap: A Melinda masterpiece!

Melinda
07-09-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by cman
Sweet, congradulations!
I love that picture, what is the name of the castles location again?
Eilean Donan Castle, located in Dornie, Scotland (in the highlands, right across from the Isle of Skye :)

It's my mom's family castle :)

Ben
07-09-2006, 10:07 PM
I always figured that rainbow looked out of place with the cloudless sunny sky. Terrific photo, and congrats on the honour. Always nice to see hard work recognized!

Still envious of your trip. One of these days I'll have to venture accross the pond instead of south of the Americans.

AJL
07-10-2006, 12:34 AM
Nice Picture. Congrats!

One of these days I want to go see my familys castle in Scotland. Apparently they made a theme park...

D'z Nutz
07-12-2006, 11:18 PM
That's awesome! I don't plan on going to the stampede this year, otherwise I'd check it out. I totally forgot to last year. Is it all local talent? I bet there's some really great stuff there.

Ekliptix
07-12-2006, 11:37 PM
Very cool and well deserved. I'll look for it when I'm next there.

Melinda
07-13-2006, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
That's awesome! I don't plan on going to the stampede this year, otherwise I'd check it out. I totally forgot to last year. Is it all local talent? I bet there's some really great stuff there.
Nope, it's an international competition. Apparently there are approximately 1000 photographers are invited internationally to compete and each one can submit up to 8 photos for judging. Of however many photos they receive (up to 8,000 I guess) about 400 make the gallery display at the stampede. Last year I had 3 on the wall, this year was 1.

I just went and checked it all out on tuesday night and there really is some great stuff there this year. It was neat to find mine, haha right beneath a nude though! lol!

BerserkerCatSplat
07-13-2006, 06:26 PM
Heading out now, I'll try to stop by and take a look!

BerserkerCatSplat
07-14-2006, 12:36 AM
I dropped by the exhibit, lots of great pictures including Mel's! That being said, there were some that were just crap. One particular one of some construction workers particularly annoyed me - they basically did a Hot/Glowing Edges filter in Photoshop and called it "art." :thumbsdow Others did the same effect but converted it to black&white.