PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Bluetooth expert, I will pay you $50 *moved*

SLK55
07-10-2006, 01:25 AM
I have fkin had it trying to get my Nokia to connect with PC suite, or even just the computer. All I want is to get some stinkin' pics and rings to my phone, and its making it seem like Im running a fkin marathon in a caldasack. :banghead:

I keep getting 'cannot authenticate the phone" errors and it disconnects right away. And frankly, Ive already wasted god knows many days figuring this out, I cant take it anymore, I give up!!! :banghead:

So Im hoping there are some real big time Bluetooth techies here willing to help me out. I will pay you $50 IF, you can get it setup properly! Which trust me, might take a bluemoon for that to happen. :rolleyes:

PM me, looking to get this over and done with:rolleyes: :devil:

Another option is, if I cant find anyone, I will also offer $25 for you to send my pics and rings from your BT phone to mine. I will email you the files and then we meet up and do the exchange from phone to phone via BT. If I do take this route, I will be maxing out the phones memory, as I obviously wont plan on using the bluetooth on here ever again. $25 IF it connects to your phone and the transfering works without problems. IF we meet up and doesnt work, I will still give you something for your time.

dragonone
07-10-2006, 02:12 AM
well i'm sure all of us here can fix this for u for free
that's why we post on here

firstly, what phone is this?
i guess if you want to sync all your data (contacts, calendar etc.) the pc suite would be important
if you have an expandable slot you might want to consider a cheap card reader, or just connecting using the included USB cable
i think there's a mode where it asks you for 'data storage' or 'sync' mode
secondly, what bluetooth dongle do you have?
and i think bluetooth is rather slow compared to usb, so... yeah
let's start from here

gpomp
07-10-2006, 02:52 AM
are you using a fido 8801?

SLK55
07-10-2006, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by dragonone
well i'm sure all of us here can fix this for u for free
that's why we post on here

firstly, what phone is this?
i guess if you want to sync all your data (contacts, calendar etc.) the pc suite would be important
if you have an expandable slot you might want to consider a cheap card reader, or just connecting using the included USB cable
i think there's a mode where it asks you for 'data storage' or 'sync' mode
secondly, what bluetooth dongle do you have?
and i think bluetooth is rather slow compared to usb, so... yeah
let's start from here

Well ive tried pretty much everything and Im at the point where I just want someone else to do it.

I dont even care for contacts, calander....all I want is to transfer simple JPEGS and mp3's.

I have the 8801, unlocked, unbranded. Cant run cable on this model.

BT dongle is ASUS, bought at Mem Ex.

dragonone
07-10-2006, 04:23 AM
oops, i always thought a phone of this class would have an expandable slot hence the card reader suggestion

cityhunter2501
07-10-2006, 09:17 AM
currently Im using my nokia 7610 as a median to transfer from PC to 8801, will let you know how I set up my BT adapter once I buy one this week.

could it be your BT adapter has some encryption/protection that needs to be disabled to work with the 8810?

SLK55
07-10-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by cityhunter2501
currently Im using my nokia 7610 as a median to transfer from PC to 8801, will let you know how I set up my BT adapter once I buy one this week.

could it be your BT adapter has some encryption/protection that needs to be disabled to work with the 8810?

Yours wont have any problems, as it worked fine before selling it off to you. Mine, however is uhh a whole different situation. Its wierd because Ive used this same BT dongle on yours and doesnt work on mine. Even used it on other phones, so I highly doubt its the dongle...im almost 100% certain. The problem lies within PC suite.

Also, if you google this up "cannot authenticate using pc suite" etc, there are tons of people who have this same problem. Wierd...

Dragonone, wish it did...thats one thing I wish it had.

E36M3
07-10-2006, 12:55 PM
Is your security keyguard feature on your phone enabled? Need to turn that off.. if that doesn't work, I'll play with my 8800 till I get it working and then help you out with it.

SLK55
07-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by E36M3
Is your security keyguard feature on your phone enabled? Need to turn that off.. if that doesn't work, I'll play with my 8800 till I get it working and then help you out with it.
no its off. Thanks bud, appreciate it!

E36M3
07-10-2006, 01:14 PM
I got mine working. Pain in the ass.. if you want to drop by with your phone I can help you copy whatever you need onto it.. PM me.

Originally posted by SLK55

no its off. Thanks bud, appreciate it!

turbotrip
07-10-2006, 01:22 PM
If u cant get ur program working, you can borrow one of my bluetooth phones and transfer like that for free

SLK55
07-10-2006, 01:28 PM
check pms, thanks!

SLK55
07-10-2006, 02:19 PM
See I think whats causing it, is the conflict im getting in device mgr, as it shows an "!" mark next to the generic BT radio.

Im able to install the ASUS drivers fine. Then the WIDCOMM stack has troubles as about half way into it, it pops this up. Even though I have tried every USB port and no way it cant read it.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/smszs/bt.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/smszs/bt5.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/smszs/bt9.jpg

and then the all famous, "cannot authenticate the phone" error.

Been waiting on the phone for Nokia for 45mins now, wow them forgetting me after putting me on hold is world class service :rolleyes:

SLK55
07-10-2006, 04:59 PM
Alright, after about an hour of some very helpful assistance from a member, we tried a patched version of WIDCOMM without any other drivers or PC suite. Just tried sending via "my BT places"

When sending connection from PC to phone, it still disconnects about 2 secs after connecting. So we thought we would try connecting from the phone to PC and it worked.

Now, sending a file from phone to PC, it worked fine, one after another with no errors. Sending a file from PC to phone, the first one went fine...the 2nd one and any try after that did not. It would give this error.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/smszs/untitled8.jpg

My phone has 43MB free and the files im sending are just like 50kb jpegs and mp3s.

It seems Im only able to send files from PC to phone, after waiting a certain amount of time everytime. I just tried disabling my AV and resending another pic, it worked fine. Tried another, same error.

lewdvig
07-10-2006, 06:46 PM
Ah the mysteries of BT.

I gave up trying to get BT to work consistently with Symbian phones (SX1, Ngage QD, and P910a all had problems), but series 40 and regular SE phones have always worked OK for me.

Each time you install/remove the BT drivers you are adding virtual com ports for BT serial. Windows does not recycle Com ports for some reason.

At a certain point you will have to reinstall windows to go back to a decent number of com ports. I believe that the Phone Monitor is the root of the problem - its really old. Nokia and SE both used this in the past for their sync software. Have you tried twaeking the Control Panel? Sometimes if I un-select the Com port associated with my phone and then re-select it, the phone will connect. Just a thought.

Widcomm drivers are great for some devices - in other cases they fail.

Once you get it working, don't change anything!

Thank goodness for IR!

Apple has a great BT implementation in OSX.

shakalaka
07-10-2006, 06:56 PM
My phone works fine, every phone I've owned so far worked fine (trust me, i've owned shit loads). Might have been some problems, but I was able to fix it sooner or later.

Currently one of my phones is a Nokia 8801, and the bluetooth works fine.:dunno:

SLK55
07-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Got it figured out, thanks all. Even though nobody actually figured it out but myself in the end. Figured it might have been either the Anti virus or firewall, and what do you know...I hardwired the connection and its fine now. So it was my router preventing it from accepting anything.

its still messed up, cause sometimes i have to send it through 8 or 9 times for it to actually send, but hey as long as it gets to the phone thats all that matters.