PDA

View Full Version : 3 beeps

eikna
07-10-2006, 12:00 PM
once in a while i hear 3 beeps in my 95 320i
does anybody knows the cause of this?

The Cosworth
07-10-2006, 12:04 PM
could be a turn on your lights ding.. heard that on a caddie before not three dings, but intermittant, if you dont have your lights on (not DTR lights, the full set)

because DTR lights only turn on your headlights half power, no one can see you from the back.

wesseam
07-10-2006, 12:04 PM
all assume your talking about an alarm.

usually when you hear 3 beeps it means the alarm has gone off.

Weapon_R
07-10-2006, 12:08 PM
Does it beep every hour at the exact time?

treg50
07-10-2006, 12:40 PM
If it's a stock alarm, check your owner's manual. Maybe it's a standard warning sound like: low battery, problem with the alarm, sensor issue, etc. Like how a cellphone gives a warning beep of low battery power.

If it's an aftermarket alarm check the manual for the alarm.

If you have no alarm and this is a problem with the horn... I have to no idea, take the car in i guess (don't want your horn failing).

eikna
07-10-2006, 01:50 PM
it's not an alarm, i dont have one yet..hehe
its sounded different from the temperature warning
and i dont see any warning light going off
its not every hour also..if just goes off once in a while

eikna
07-10-2006, 01:53 PM
talk abour factory alarm..
i have a blinkin led light in my car right after i turn off engine
is taht the factory alarm?
what does it do?

shakalaka
07-10-2006, 02:03 PM
^If that blinking red light is right beside the stereo, then yea its the stock alarm. Try playing with the stereo when the car is not running, it should start beeping.

robpark
07-10-2006, 02:21 PM
YEah... I think that is the good ole memo feature... Look next to the clock, if there is a little icon showing up there it means the memo feature is set to on. Hit the memo button to make the icon disappear and you won't hear the noise anymore.

FiveFreshFish
07-10-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by robpark
YEah... I think that is the good ole memo feature... Look next to the clock, if there is a little icon showing up there it means the memo feature is set to on. Hit the memo button to make the icon disappear and you won't hear the noise anymore.

This is the correct response. :thumbsup: