PDA

View Full Version : Calibrating your LCD Monitor?

Strider
07-10-2006, 04:06 PM
I tried running a monitor calibration software that is supposed to be compatible with LCDs, but it didn't really work for me. All my pictures are really dark, and I have a feeling my colors are all off in general.

Is there a program I can use that will actually work without a spider or other hardware?

rage2
07-10-2006, 05:42 PM
I don't get how are you going to know if a change is right if you don't have a spyder or similar measuring tool?

Strider
07-10-2006, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by rage2
I don't get how are you going to know if a change is right if you don't have a spyder or similar measuring tool?

hmmm touche

I was hoping for something along the lines of the old software for calibrating CRTs, just so that i can get a proper range for contrast, and gamma

but i guess that's just the half ass way

rage2
07-10-2006, 11:35 PM
Buy/borrow an AVIA dvd, play it on your monitor, and adjust it using the step by step guides. You're not gonna get proper white balance, but it'll look a lot better.

dragonone
07-11-2006, 12:46 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

rage2
07-11-2006, 08:27 AM
^^^ Only a retard would pirate it. It comes with filters that you need to look through to calibrate the basic settings properly. It's completely useless without the filters.

Rowdy
07-11-2006, 09:51 AM
London Drugs sells a Pantone Calibration unit for $99. Friend just got one and I was stunned by how well it worked. Once it calibrates it also constantly adjusts for room lighting.

http://www.pantone.com/products/products.asp?idArea=2&idProduct=103

dragonone
07-11-2006, 06:34 PM
u never said it included filters
and how is 'borrowing' different from d/l from that

anyhow, retard now can go shopping for one

sabad66
07-11-2006, 06:43 PM
Because if you borrow it from someone, you would probably borrow the filters..

rage2
07-11-2006, 07:41 PM
lol I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks dragonone is a moron haha.

Strider
07-11-2006, 10:56 PM
Thanks guys

I couldn't find the AVIA dvd locally on retailers' websites, so I actually thought about downloading it, but i guess I don't really have to worry about that anymore.

I tried screwing around with Adobe gamma and I'm not really happy with the results, so I might give that pantone kit a try. I had no idea you could buy a hardware calibration kit for that cheap.