PDA

View Full Version : Tuscany, Evaston, Kincora, etc.



Seks
07-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Just looking into relocating to Calgary. Chances of getting lots are....?

Anyone know of spec homes that are being built now in NW that may be available in 3-6 months? 2story prefered...

Lex350
07-10-2006, 09:34 PM
I think Sherwood still has a few lots left. They did last week anyway.

Seks
07-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by rotten42
I think Sherwood still has a few lots left. They did last week anyway.

Where is that? :dunno:

turbotrip
07-10-2006, 09:54 PM
^5 minutes from Kincora, Right behind Hamptons

and royal oak still has some lots left, which is out by crowfoot

Seks
07-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip
^5 minutes from Kincora, Right behind Hamptons

and royal oak still has some lots left, which is out by crowfoot

Could someone tell me builders that are in Sherwood and Royal Oak????????????????

I'll make a few phone calls once I have that info

carzcraz
07-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Seks


Could someone tell me builders that are in Sherwood and Royal Oak????????????????

I'll make a few phone calls once I have that info

My bf and I have a house in Rocky Ridge. As far as I know, the builders that used to be there included Elite Homes, Avi....unfortunately, they have all sold out and their showhomes are gone.

You may want to try Sterling homes though, their showhome is still open so you may still have some lots to select from.

Good luck

adamc
07-10-2006, 10:01 PM
I live in Evanston, and there is absofuckinlutely nothing available up here.

The house across the street just sold for like 400k, the sign was up, and the sold sign went on it probably a day and a half later.

Kobe
07-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Seks


Could someone tell me builders that are in Sherwood and Royal Oak????????????????

I'll make a few phone calls once I have that info

I know Elite is a builder in sherwood, becuase we work for them..

statick
07-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Jayman is a builder for Royal Oak.

Lex350
07-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Sherwood allows many of the smaller builders there as well as some mainstream builders. One nice thing about that is that you will see a bit more variety in the styles of homes there. There are a lot of people in the construction trades that have built up there. That should be good for some under the table work down the road.;)


I also live in Rocky Ridge. I think there are a few lots left in the high end area. 1million plus...but that's it.

TurboMedic
07-10-2006, 10:50 PM
I'm in tuscany, I think all the lots are sold here....

jdm_jspec
07-10-2006, 10:52 PM
i live in Royal Oak
lots left up here
maybe check Rocky Ridge too,beside Royal Oak

SikAssR1
07-10-2006, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by adamc
I live in Evanston, and there is absofuckinlutely nothing available up here.

The house across the street just sold for like 400k, the sign was up, and the sold sign went on it probably a day and a half later.

New phases are opening up soon, right now they have Jager, Sterling, broadview, and Trico. With the new phase they are gonna have Sterling, Jager, and either Shane or Jayman.

Kobe
07-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by TurboMedic
I'm in tuscany, I think all the lots are sold here....

We are doing a few show homes in Tuscany right now, there is a new phase out, and I'm sure there is still lots...

is300izo
07-12-2006, 08:32 AM
i have a new house for sale in Kincora if you are interested, its basically brand new.

A2VR6
07-12-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Seks


Could someone tell me builders that are in Sherwood and Royal Oak????????????????

I'll make a few phone calls once I have that info

In Sherwood the builders are:
Arcuri Homes
Crestview Homes
Elite Homes
Kasl Homes
Parkgreen Homes
Waverley Homes
Douglas Homes
Reliant Homes

Really nice area.

Lex350
07-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by A2VR6


In Sherwood the builders are:
Arcuri Homes
Crestview Homes
Elite Homes
Kasl Homes
Parkgreen Homes
Waverley Homes
Douglas Homes
Reliant Homes

Really nice area.


.......AND SOME SMALL INDEPENDANT BUILDERS.

silvercivicsir
07-12-2006, 04:44 PM
I know the builder of my house has a few spec houses avaible in Evanston, but the sales guy said they are going to be in the 450s..

If i could get 450k for my house i'd sell it in a heartbeat.. It'll be ready in 2 weeks.. Pretty pimped out, 1920 sq, with all the toys..

turbotrip
07-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Stay away from Crestview builders. Terrible company.

SikAssR1
07-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by silvercivicsir
I know the builder of my house has a few spec houses avaible in Evanston, but the sales guy said they are going to be in the 450s..

If i could get 450k for my house i'd sell it in a heartbeat.. It'll be ready in 2 weeks.. Pretty pimped out, 1920 sq, with all the toys..

Obviously you havent been following house prices lately, if your house is 1920sq feet with "all the toys" which i am assuming it has "all the upgrades" then you wouldn;t get 450k for your house. You would get at least 490k.

Vr6boi
07-17-2006, 05:27 AM
There are lots available in Tuscany. I think they are using a lottery system to sell them. Be careful though, make sure you get all relevant details before you enter into a contract.
Also Rockyridge and Royal oak still have lots. I think they start around $169,000.
Available lots are harder to come by now and are way more expensive. But with some good research and some leg work you should be able to find something.

Xtrema
07-17-2006, 08:33 AM
3-6 months would be a tall order for new home. you're looking next spring if you order now. I don't think builders are building homes without name attached already.

For delivery in 3-6 months, you're looking at used home market.

The_1
07-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by adamc
I live in Evanston, and there is absofuckinlutely nothing available up here.

The house across the street just sold for like 400k, the sign was up, and the sold sign went on it probably a day and a half later.

:werd: Im living there till the end of July
my house sold in 2 days
even the town house that they will be building there are completly sold out in like 2 weeks.....they have more deposits then they have town house

maybe try panorama....... they were sold out last time I checked but there was suppose to be new lots in the summer

The_1
07-17-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by silvercivicsir
I know the builder of my house has a few spec houses avaible in Evanston, but the sales guy said they are going to be in the 450s..

If i could get 450k for my house i'd sell it in a heartbeat.. It'll be ready in 2 weeks.. Pretty pimped out, 1920 sq, with all the toys..

should be no problem getting 450
mine was 1700 sq with only hardwood and it sold for 424
the houses listed now is like 1600sq for 460Gs :eek:

2.0turbo
07-18-2006, 06:02 PM
If you can spend around $800,000, Landmark just aquired 10 lots in Hillside estates in tuscany.

Approx. 12 month possession.

25% down at signing.

Prices are held until possession aside from upgrades through suppliers and Architectural changes by the developer to the outside.

Redlyne_mr2
07-18-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by 2.0turbo
If you can spend around $800,000, Landmark just aquired 10 lots in Hillside estates in tuscany.

Approx. 12 month possession.

25% down at signing.

Prices are held until possession aside from upgrades through suppliers and Architectural changes by the developer to the outside. Thats a lot of cash to live so far out lol. All these new subdivisions are soo far from everything...its hard to even consider them in Calgary anymore.

Xtrema
07-18-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by 2.0turbo
If you can spend around $800,000, Landmark just aquired 10 lots in Hillside estates in tuscany.

Approx. 12 month possession.

25% down at signing.

Prices are held until possession aside from upgrades through suppliers and Architectural changes by the developer to the outside.

I don't know, I never like the idea of a $800K home in a community where the cheapest home is around $300K.

If I'm buying a $800K home, I would wish to be surrounded by nothing less than $550K.

civicguy2002
07-18-2006, 09:27 PM
I know that Phase 4 of Sherwood has lots availiable, I work for the developer, Genesis Land, more specifically the home builders they run.

69cougar
07-18-2006, 09:36 PM
...

VWEvo
07-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by 2.0turbo
If you can spend around $800,000, Landmark just aquired 10 lots in Hillside estates in tuscany.

Approx. 12 month possession.

25% down at signing.

Prices are held until possession aside from upgrades through suppliers and Architectural changes by the developer to the outside.

Just about to take possesion of my second Landmark home in Tuscany. Been very happy with them. Unfortunate that the prices have gotten so high. It's a great neighborhood.

93mr2gt
07-18-2006, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by civicguy2002
I know that Phase 4 of Sherwood has lots availiable, I work for the developer, Genesis Land, more specifically the home builders they run.


i think sherwood is all sold out and pretty much done man...their showhomes are gone as well

civicguy2002
07-19-2006, 05:44 PM
Like I said, I work for the developer, I think I would know what we have availiable. Phase 1, 2, & 3 are sold, and yes the showhome parade is closed, but Phase 4 is open, I was working on house plans today, I am a designer for them.

93mr2gt
07-19-2006, 05:46 PM
so the new showhomes are up again now?

civicguy2002
07-19-2006, 06:14 PM
No, I think construction on the new show home has just started, but I am not sure. Our company just was bought by them (Point Grey Homes/Waverley Homes) So I have been in the office for about a month now, the design was already done for the showhome, and I believe it is under construction.

Iqoair
07-23-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Seks
Just looking into relocating to Calgary. Chances of getting lots are....?

Anyone know of spec homes that are being built now in NW that may be available in 3-6 months? 2story prefered...

Lots of used available in Evanston right now, and doesn't look like they are selling very fast at all. Listings have finally caught up with buyers it looks like, just the prices they are asking for these homes are insane. Looks like prices have actually come down slightly.

kaput
07-23-2006, 04:37 PM
.

Black Dragon
07-26-2006, 02:27 AM
JANSEN worst builders ever :thumbsdow

is300izo
07-31-2006, 07:49 AM
hey guys just to give you a heads up, i have a beautiful house in kincora that I am taking possesion of in the first week of sept that i am selling. its huge, 2450 sq ft, 4 bed, den, bonus room and 2.5 bath and lots and lots of upgrades. built by shane homes. actaully there are more than $65k in upgrades. if interested pm me, I am looking to list for around $625,000.00

richardchan2002
07-31-2006, 08:49 AM
^ What a nice easy profit eh?

VWEvo
07-31-2006, 09:14 AM
Builders are starting to put their prices up based on the feverish gong show that went on in May and June. Listings are WAAAYYYYY up!!!

I just sold my house in Tuscany a week ago, but it took a week to sell and we got a little less than we would have should we have sold in May/June.

Anyone would be crazy right now to build, buying is the way to go. Market is good and full of good properties. August should follow the trend of July, but Sept. is anyone's guess.

Good luck to anyone looking for a nice home, with the current market conditions its not that bad now.

VWEvo
07-31-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by is300izo
hey guys just to give you a heads up, i have a beautiful house in kincora that I am taking possesion of in the first week of sept that i am selling. its huge, 2450 sq ft, 4 bed, den, bonus room and 2.5 bath and lots and lots of upgrades. built by shane homes. actaully there are more than $65k in upgrades. if interested pm me, I am looking to list for around $625,000.00

Sounds like you have a great house for sale. However I will warn you that it's slowly becoming a buyers market and with lots of properties coming for sale you might be hard priced to sell your property over $600 000. It doesn't take an idiot to figure out you probably built the house for under $500 000, so dont' get greedy, make a little sweet coin but be realistic


Good luck with your sale.


BTW, maybe I'm completely wrong and you'll even sell for above list!!

jdmakkord
07-31-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
^ What a nice easy profit eh?

From how long he's had it, probably a 300k profit...too bad comparable houses in that neighborhood are selling for high 4's and low 5's.

is300izo
07-31-2006, 11:46 AM
well we will see how the sale goes, I will definately not sell for less than $600k cause the house is easily worth it compared to what else is out there in the NW. I wish I was making $300k but that is not the case. I am actually really thinking about almost keeping it to live in cause its soo beautiful inside. Actually if I have a chance, I might take some pics and put them online later in the next day or 2 so that you can see what its looks like so far.

jdmakkord
07-31-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by is300izo
well we will see how the sale goes, I will definately not sell for less than $600k cause the house is easily worth it compared to what else is out there in the NW. I wish I was making $300k but that is not the case. I am actually really thinking about almost keeping it to live in cause its soo beautiful inside. Actually if I have a chance, I might take some pics and put them online later in the next day or 2 so that you can see what its looks like so far.

If its the house I think it is, I've already seen it inside. It is nice, but I've seen nicer in Kincora, and they sold for less.

is300izo
07-31-2006, 12:17 PM
how could you have seen it when its not even completed yet?

is300izo
07-31-2006, 12:18 PM
how could you have seen it when its not even completed yet?

VWEvo
07-31-2006, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by is300izo
well we will see how the sale goes, I will definately not sell for less than $600k cause the house is easily worth it compared to what else is out there in the NW. I wish I was making $300k but that is not the case. I am actually really thinking about almost keeping it to live in cause its soo beautiful inside. Actually if I have a chance, I might take some pics and put them online later in the next day or 2 so that you can see what its looks like so far.

With all respect, we all tend to overvalue our own properties. It's natural human nature. But it doesn't matter if you think if its worth $600 000, its whether the buyers think its worth it.

Honestly, I won't be surprised if you do get $600 000, its almost impossible to build a new house without any upgrades for less than that. Kincora only has a few properties for sale and they are asking for a premium. Just go to mls.ca to check

is300izo
08-01-2006, 07:40 AM
yea i check mls everyday, we will see. as you prob heard, the average house sold a bit cheaped in the month of July but that is based on many factors. regardless someone will be getting a nice home and i think that i will try to make a more competetive price in order to initiate more interest.

VWEvo
08-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by is300izo
yea i check mls everyday, we will see. as you prob heard, the average house sold a bit cheaped in the month of July but that is based on many factors. regardless someone will be getting a nice home and i think that i will try to make a more competetive price in order to initiate more interest. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

is300izo
08-09-2006, 08:33 AM
well just to give you guys an update, I checked out my house last night and it looks amazing. I am actually really debating moving into there cause it is soo nice but if anyone knows anyone who is interested in a house there get them to pm me.

conschoi
08-20-2006, 10:30 PM
IS300izo...........which builder a u dealing with?? i'm in process to building a house in Kincora as well?

conschoi
08-20-2006, 10:30 PM
IS300izo...........which builder a u dealing with?? i'm in process to building a house in Kincora as well?

conschoi
08-20-2006, 10:30 PM
IS300izo...........which builder a u dealing with?? i'm in process to building a house in Kincora as well?

is300izo
08-21-2006, 07:31 AM
shane homes

mekeni
08-28-2006, 11:46 AM
Elite Homes are :thumbsup: