PDA

View Full Version : Fd3s Rx-7

Pages : [1] 2

KuruptEX
07-11-2006, 01:32 AM
so how many of guys gonna think of importing one?

http://www.importconcern.ca/articles/fd3sfever.htm

im thinking of puting a down payment whats your guys thoughts
on this

gp36912
07-11-2006, 01:40 AM
ooo man i would love one of those :D too bad i don't have the money or the will to get the money for it. i say if you can afford one, buy a good one thats at auction grade 4

CCM Pro
07-11-2006, 01:46 AM
whats so special about one from Japan? excuse my ignorance I was just curious as to why not get one from North America?

Fcuk
07-11-2006, 01:51 AM
i've always been a big fanboy of RX-7's im also tempted of leaving a deposit.

gp36912
07-11-2006, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by CCM Pro
whats so special about one from Japan? excuse my ignorance I was just curious as to why not get one from North America?

anywheres fine but most of the japanese cars are driven less then the us cars, and the cars are already in kms so you don't have to do anything to them but pass oop

KuruptEX
07-11-2006, 01:55 AM
hey fcuk leave one for me aswell hehe

Fcuk
07-11-2006, 01:58 AM
lol np. if you get there # let me know please.

KuruptEX
07-11-2006, 02:02 AM
lol man im jk cant wait to see ur mr2 only live couple houses down
:)

Fcuk
07-11-2006, 02:03 AM
haha no doubt ill show you. but if anyone has the # for import concern please pm me with it

xcelr8
07-11-2006, 04:15 AM
:drool: do it!!

Ekliptix
07-11-2006, 06:54 AM
Anyone know how much a LHD conversion would be for one of those?

BigMass
07-11-2006, 08:18 AM

The difference between $12,000 in Japan and $24,000 for the same car here.

4doorj
07-11-2006, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by BigMass

The difference between $12,000 in Japan and $24,000 for the same car here.
word!

Crymson
07-11-2006, 08:43 AM
You have to be patient if you want a LHD drive one, and for 17k you can import a decent one from the states becasue our dollar is so strong and their market is alot better than ours (we have no market -- just the odd seller and buyer)

I waited well over a year, nearly 2, to find the right one, for the right price, checking about a half dozen sources pretty much daily.

Remember, the one's youll be getting from japan will be the '92's, so there is bound to be alot of lemons in the first run, and they fixed alot of issues between even the 93's and 94's, so i can't imagine what'll be goofy with the 92's.

That said -- if you could get a low KM one here for 14k it would probably be worth it as a track car/ parts car alone. I think i'll wait a few years and then try and pick up a 95 or 96 JDM one, if the laws aren't so bunged by then as to make it completely impossible.

I for one, could never daily drive a RHD car, but if you had a good LHD rolling chassis, a low KM RHD car may make for a good donor car.

ProjectR
07-11-2006, 08:57 AM
Sweet ass cars that's all I can say! Used to have a turbo FC...awesome car for its speed and handling and its price...but the FD :eek: is an awesome car too. It's got a sweet design with a twin turbo, and superior handling :love: and that's my 2 cents :D

ProjectR
07-11-2006, 08:58 AM
Anyways ^^ I'd buy one...but I'd prefer LHD.

03ozwhip
07-11-2006, 09:48 AM
im actually looking at one too from j-spec and that one has 70000km on it for 8100:eek: its is fukking sweet....im also looking at it because it RHD i want something different. what better than an FD RHD?

Crymson
07-11-2006, 10:04 AM
A lhd FD -- seriously in 2-3 years of this, the LHD's will be the rare ones.

Skyline_Addict
07-11-2006, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
what better than an FD RHD?

a LHD...we live in north america...
i wouldn't get a car just because it is RHD..

03ozwhip
07-11-2006, 10:18 AM
well i am looking for the right car and it happens to be that the cars i want are cheaper and are RHD, and im wanting to do something different so RHD it is.

Ekliptix
07-11-2006, 10:22 AM
I'm looking for a LHD one without a motor or transmission. It could be an auto with a blown engine. I just need the body+chassis.

thinmyster
07-11-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
im actually looking at one too from j-spec and that one has 70000km on it for 8100:eek: its is fukking sweet....im also looking at it because it RHD i want something different. what better than an FD RHD?

sorry to burst your bubble but there is nothing rare about rhd anymore.

Akagi Redsuns
07-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by gp36912

anywheres fine but most of the japanese cars are driven less then the us cars, and the cars are already in kms so you don't have to do anything to them but pass oop

They may be driven less quantity wise, (aka. the amount of kms, that if it has the original 180km/hr speedo which is usually swapped), but are they really driven less hard??? I rather have a lightly driven car with 120,000 kms than a hard driven car with 70,000 kms. You think every FD3S that ends up on that auction block is going to be prestine with it's previous owner giving it TLC? I doubt it. If it was, I would be one of the 1st with $8K in my hand to buy one.

snowboard
07-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
I'm looking for a LHD one without a motor or transmission. It could be an auto with a blown engine. I just need the body+chassis.

LS1?

03ozwhip
07-11-2006, 11:02 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by thinmyster

sorry to burst your bubble but there is nothing rare about rhd anymore. [/QUOT

its not rare anymore to say people on these sites. but to the average person that doesnt see these cars everyday or even once a week or month they are really interesting. i see a SKyline about once every couple days. but thats a skyline theyre as rare as civics almost. but for an MR2 or RX7 its still rare in Calgary.

Sprinter
07-11-2006, 11:12 AM
I was just wondering if the FD3S came with a stock twin turbo? Or do any FD's come with factory turbos?

rc2002
07-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Personally I would never do it. First, it's RHD. Second, it's a rotary engine. I only have second-hand information on those engines, but what information I do have scares me. They seem to need rebuilds more often than pushrod counterparts. I would not want to pay for service for that car.

As cool as the car looks, and as good as the price may be, I would never buy one.

Akagi Redsuns
07-11-2006, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Sprinter
I was just wondering if the FD3S came with a stock twin turbo? Or do any FD's come with factory turbos?

All FD3S came stock with Twin Sequential Turbos. Essentially they act like one turbo. Working properly they have very little boost lag, but yet 10PSI all the way to redline (dropping to 8PSI during the transition between the turbos)

Crymson
07-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Sprinter

All FD's were twin turbo from the factory.

And FD is a wonderful car, but you need a daily driver for sure, it's not something you can put 20,000 km's on a year and not expect to drop less than a few thousand bucks on every year in maintenance.

Dayclone
07-11-2006, 11:56 AM
The shitty thing is it's still not possible to put a Veilside kit
on a 92.... since the fortune model kit is made for a 93+ RX-7
I believe.

Steve

Ekliptix
07-11-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by snowboard

LS1?
sshhhhhh

Seriously, is it a huge deal to convert from RHD to LDH in these cars??

Crymson
07-11-2006, 12:09 PM
I think the problem with swap the LHD would be finding the parts, you'd need to get a LHD wreck for cheap.

Crymson
07-11-2006, 12:12 PM

You should be able to find a running auto in the SE US for under 10k, ship it to Hinson in Hunsville, Alabama -- they can probably find someone to buy your 13b and tranny, so for about 25k USD, you'd have a turnkey Ls1.

gp36912
07-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns

They may be driven less quantity wise, (aka. the amount of kms, that if it has the original 180km/hr speedo which is usually swapped), but are they really driven less hard??? I rather have a lightly driven car with 120,000 kms than a hard driven car with 70,000 kms. You think every FD3S that ends up on that auction block is going to be prestine with it's previous owner giving it TLC? I doubt it. If it was, I would be one of the 1st with $8K in my hand to buy one.

i agree but do you think the ones with 120,000 are driven any less hard? i bet you they are driven as hard as the cars from japan

ProjectR
07-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Dayclone
The shitty thing is it's still not possible to put a Veilside kit
on a 92.... since the fortune model kit is made for a 93+ RX-7
I believe.

Steve

That's what I wanted to do...looks like we're both buying a $15,000 body kit haha. Maybe Veilside will have a special on a group buy :rofl:

Gravy_83
07-11-2006, 12:24 PM
been waiting a few years to get an fd. allthough there is alot of other cars i've looked into getting once i was ready the fd is the only one I get excited when i think of possibly owning one. I have owned an fc and it was the funnest car i've had so far hands down and was actually the one who required less maintenance. a properly cared for rotary engine will out last a piston engine since there is less moving parts. mine was at well over 200,000 kms and was still running perfect.

Crymson
07-11-2006, 12:29 PM
I can garuantee you that you will not put that body kit on the car.

You'll realize once you buy the car, that mazda made the car too beautiful to be desecrated in such a way.

Look at all the FD owners that went out and did the veilside kit from the first F&F movie. they can't even sell theirs now, and they get laughed at when they post on rx-7 forums.

Styles may change, you wouldn't tatoo some 1 hit wonder's name accross your forehead, so why would you do so to your car.

Ekliptix
07-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Crymson

You should be able to find a running auto in the SE US for under 10k, ship it to Hinson in Hunsville, Alabama -- they can probably find someone to buy your 13b and tranny, so for about 25k USD, you'd have a turnkey Ls1.
$8,656.72USD from Hinson Supercars to to all the labor including the following parts:
Premium Mounting Equipment Package
HSC Cooling System
HSC Fuel Fuel System
HSC Hydraulic Upgrade
Wiring Modification with AC
Speedometer Correction Box
Computer Tune for Street Use
Battery Relocation including new battery
Installation Labor
New Exhaust System
HSC Cold Air Intake
more.

I could get it done for less locally though.
Say $4.5k canadian for an engine an 6-speed. I think under $20k CDN is possible, even with hired labor.

gp36912
07-11-2006, 12:33 PM
yup :D i love the fds body lines :drool: :drool: :drool:

KuruptEX
07-11-2006, 12:35 PM
lol now im having second thought maybe ill juss
put a down payment on a 03-04 lancer

ProjectR
07-11-2006, 12:36 PM
I can garuantee you that you will not put that body kit on the car.

You'll realize once you buy the car, that mazda made the car too beautiful to be desecrated in such a way.

Look at all the FD owners that went out and did the veilside kit from the first F&F movie. they can't even sell theirs now, and they get laughed at when they post on rx-7 forums.

Styles may change, you wouldn't tatoo some 1 hit wonder's name accross your forehead, so why would you do so to your car.

You're probably right. I wouldn't buy the kit cuz its too damn expensive :cry: but i'm wishing!! haha

retro-steve
07-11-2006, 12:42 PM
in 6 months the FD will become the new skyline, if you buy one don't do it to be "original" do it because you love the FD and want a really good price on one. also, as said before, it's probably the worst idea for a daily driver. expect $100-$150/week in gas (possibly more depending how you drive) and a lot in repairs/maitnance.

if you have a true love for the FD then that is why you should buy it, don't buy it just to jump on the JDM bandwagon.

what should be really entertaining is seeing all the JDM FD's being wrapped around poles (or skylines) next summer

Crymson
07-11-2006, 12:42 PM
I could get it done for less locally though.
Say $4.5k canadian for an engine an 6-speed. I think under $20k CDN is possible, even with hired labor.

Let me know what you do, I know that Hinson will sell you the *kit* for a few K, and considering the obsene length and boredome of our winters, it would be a good project if you had alot of garage space to clear. Pick up a high mileage, auto for like 6 g from japan and go to town.

I regularly see decent Auto FD's in the upper NW states for under 10k, you don't often see an auto with a blow motor though, the auto's (or perhaps the people prone to buying autos) don't seem to pop the motor. If you do go this route, i'd likely buy your core off you, i'd like to have an extra.

Hinson likes the auto tranny tunnel as it fits the t61 (or t56? can't remember) better or without any modification.

Also, only buy an FD if you're in love with them, if its just a car that you think is kind of neat, you will quickly become very frustrated and hate it to death, and by hate it to death, that means you'll stop giving a rats ass about it's shape and just drive it into the ground, which is a damned shame for a car where only about 16,000 were ever made for north america.

If you're even considering it, check out this thread (http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=554310&highlight=spend) and remember, thats US $ so add 15%

what should be really entertaining is seeing all the JDM FD's being wrapped around poles (or skylines) next summer

No WAY, asside from wishing no harm to the occupants, i'd GLADLY have JDM fans paying to import parts cars to north america :)

Fcuk
07-12-2006, 02:15 AM
the main reason i would want it is because i dont think i could afford a LHD rx7 at the time and im a BIG fanboy of the rx7's 93+

and if the rx7 is RHD so be it... i'd buy it because of the passion for the car

Maxt
07-12-2006, 05:37 AM
I've worked on a handful of early rhd fd's, they are ridden hard and put away wet... Yeah alot of Japanese cars are low mileage, but with the way things are in Japan with rx7 owners, alot of those low miles are track miles...After they have been tracked every weekend for 15 years, they rattle, squeak, and creak... All the bushings are pretty much done in the back end and the drivelines are tired..
I worked on an Auction car that was being sent to Hong kong, it was a newer FD, about 98 so, on the hoist is looked like someone took a sledge hammer to the underneath..Top grade auction car though, beautiful car as long as you only looked at the top side..
I think the auction grade is misleading, it can be top grade on auction, but most of them are still piles compared to cars on the private sale lots over there...Watch out for cars that are tarted up with aftermarket parts, the bling is there to distract from the frame rust/buckleling... Japan has its crooks to and they love the car/parts auction sites...
I think in the end, you would end up spending the same amount of money if you just went and found a decent Lhd FD that you could test drive and inspect before hand, instead of buying a rhd basket case and fixing all the hidden damage, and worn out shit..
We keep cars longer here so we tend to fix the little things that wear over time, the Japanese dont, they know its gonna be expensive to fix the whole car come inspection time when the car gets a little older so they beat on it, then sell it...
No different than my Mother in laws Suzuki wagon R, she was told on the first inspection that on the second inspection it would need more parts replace than the car was worth, so she drove the car for just over another year, and did nothing to it for that year, no oil changes, maintenance, nada...About a week before inspection, it went to auction and she bought a new car..Some lucky foriegner bought that car...:)...

4doorj
07-12-2006, 09:10 AM
i hope alot of people import them!
them being not so rare is a good thing to me
they are sexy cars! i would love to see alot of them

SilverBoost
07-12-2006, 10:21 AM
I don't usually care what people spend their money on, shit it's thier money, but in my opinion guys who import ANY japanese car should be willing to spend major cash on it. If you happen to get lucky and get a great car, great, but personally I wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole unless I had cash in the bank to fix whatever might be wrong, if not immediately, then in the next few years. I'd look at every Japanese car as a project car. That being said, those are very nice cars to look at no matter what hand drive they are or whether they are american or JDM.

JAYMEZ
07-12-2006, 05:47 PM
hrmm RHD rx-7...

tick tick .... BOOOOOOOOOOOM

soobad
07-16-2006, 08:03 PM
Kind of cool, but sucks hard for the few guys (me) that've gone through the pain to get a nice FD already.

I'm kind of fond of the fact that I never, ever, ever see another FD driving along with me unless I'm on the way back from a meet :cool:

So on the one hand, lucky guys are going to get nice cars, on the other hand, it sucks for me. Exclusivity is half the fun.

mx73someday
07-16-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by soobad
Kind of cool, but sucks hard for the few guys (me) that've gone through the pain to get a nice FD already.

I'm kind of fond of the fact that I never, ever, ever see another FD driving along with me unless I'm on the way back from a meet :cool:

So on the one hand, lucky guys are going to get nice cars, on the other hand, it sucks for me. Exclusivity is half the fun.

I think the LHD MR-2 and 300ZX owners have already shown bad feelings that RHD examples have come over. I heard lots of owners complaining that it is ruining their vehicle's value because the RHD cars are less expensive. LHD FD's will be rare no matter how many RHD FD's come over.

soobad
07-16-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by mx73someday

I think the LHD MR-2 and 300ZX owners have already shown bad feelings that RHD examples have come over. I heard lots of owners complaining that it is ruining their vehicle's value because the RHD cars are less expensive. LHD FD's will be rare no matter how many RHD FD's come over.

True.

But who knows the difference when you're cruising down Mcleode? And when you see 3 FD's the same day is your head still going to turn for the 4th?

Heh. I'm a bit bitter already, I guess. I'll just enjoy my FD while I'm still making everyone jealous and wanting to import one.

FivE.SeveN
07-16-2006, 11:17 PM
Hehe, those people are just jealous that now others can afford "their" unique car.

I like my jdm Z, and I like I didn't have to pay crazy $$$$ for a 16 year old car. If the LHDs werent so rare and expensive then there wouldnt BE a demand for JDM's....

+1 for more RX-7's, I havent seen a single one this summer and I wanna see how fast they really are :D

RWD
07-17-2006, 02:31 AM
great.. another rhd to ruin our markets

Gravy_83
07-17-2006, 03:18 AM
i like how people complain about having more of these cars around...when in reality this is a car site where people should enjoy seeing more nice cars around. I don't know about most of these people here complaining but I will turn my head just as much for a lhd as a rhd....an fd is an fd. a 300zx is a 300zx and an mr2 is an mr2 who cares where it was made and what side the steering wheel is. I think it's awesome that they are cheaper since to some people it's nice to be able to afford their dream cars years before they may be able to do so and are then able to do so before their dream car which could be found here would be a rust bucket from being so god damned old. I for one didn't think that the rhd drive fd's would be legal so soon and am now seriously considering putting some plans in motion to getting one within a couple years where otherwise an fd would be unatainable to me since I spend too much money on my civic all the damned time and refuse to stop even though I want another car. so stop bitching and whining and look forward to seeing nice examples of rare cars coming over. we've seen shity skylines and we have seen shitty 300zx's come over but there have also been sweet ass machines coming over and i for one can't wait to see prime examples of fd's coming over to our side of the pacific. sorry for the long rant just got tired of watching grown men whine like little girls because they feel they are loosing their "exclusivity" hahah comon it only makes you sound like stuck up snobs. it's not like you guys should be the only ones to enjoy owning fd's.

Gravy_83
07-17-2006, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by RWD
great.. another rhd to ruin our markets

oh and as was allready pointed out....ruin what market??? the market of 20 year old used cars???

FivE.SeveN
07-17-2006, 07:53 AM
gravy said it better than me, nice1 bro :thumbsup:

k98303
07-19-2006, 05:04 PM
im just wondering how the gas in on these fds. im really a super fan of this car too, but im just afraid of that i won't be able to maintain it....

Boost Infested
07-19-2006, 05:19 PM
Cheap for LS1

JAYMEZ
07-19-2006, 05:52 PM
^^ Cheap and LS1 lol.. Why does everything LS1 swap is cheap?? RX-7 are very exspensive to maintain. End of story

tsi_neal
07-19-2006, 11:33 PM
Gravy, reality check but people pay good money to be exclusive. and if you tell me youve never got something and paid more for it because it was uncommon then im calling you a liar. RHD vehicles do ruin the market, not as bad as many people think but its a noticeable impact. For a car like an FD RX7 thats on the upswing in value i can see this beign really hurtfull...

and as jamez said anyone who thinks there getting a bargain is in for a bit of a shock, nothing for these cars is cheap and thats not gonna change. so woohoo you get an FD for 15,000 k have 5-10k of problems in the first year cuz lets be real here imported cars are very rarely the "prime" examples.

anyways count me as one thats not looking forward to the day that i see RHD FD's on the road (or any car that i can get a LHD example of)

JAYMEZ
07-20-2006, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by tsi_neal

and as jamez said anyone who thinks there getting a bargain is in for a bit of a shock, nothing for these cars is cheap and thats not gonna change. so woohoo you get an FD for 15,000 k have 5-10k of problems in the first year cuz lets be real here imported cars are very rarely the "prime" examples.

anyways count me as one thats not looking forward to the day that i see RHD FD's on the road (or any car that i can get a LHD example of)

Amen to that!

IhateDomestic
07-21-2006, 07:40 PM
why did they have to make that sexy car a rotary =(

hmm wonder how much would it be to fill that gas tankk annyone kno?

tabouli
07-21-2006, 07:57 PM
reality check but people pay good money to be exclusive

Reality check: its a Mazda RX7....

Pay a little more of that "good money" and buy a Maserati if you want exclusive!

JAYMEZ
07-21-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by tabouli

Pay a little more of that "good money" and buy a Maserati if you want exclusive!

Umm he owns my old RX-7 , im pretty sure he knows what he is talking about LOL.

BerserkerCatSplat
07-21-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi

Umm he owns my old RX-7 , im pretty sure he knows what he is talking about LOL.

Truth be told, your old RX was pretty exclusive compared to most of the FD's out there, especially the low-budget ones we'll be seeing entering the country relatively soon. A "normal" FD is quickly going to become commonplace...

tsi_neal
07-21-2006, 11:49 PM
The internet is a funny place, you never know who youre talking too... Whats even funnier is if you go back a few years I had my hands on a maserati, and it was pretty exclusive. A 1985 biturbo S, nice car but it had its issues...

But back to the FD, its not the money that makes it exclusive its the numbers. When just over 10,000 cars graced our shores its not exacly common place. And when that gets polluted with 1000's of JDM cars its kinda shitty

Originally posted by tabouli

k98303
07-22-2006, 04:46 PM
FD IS THE BEST!

http://www.importconcern.ca/carindex/img/fd3s/0015.jpg

http://www.importconcern.ca/carindex/img/fd3s/0062.jpg

who can resist such a beauty

Gravy_83
07-23-2006, 03:41 PM
i for one am allready saving money for one. wether it's right hand drive or not. I've had an fc and I sold it and started putting money away for an fd. and eventually i will have one. and i don't car to be exclusive for me owning a rotory car is not about exclusivity it's about being an enthusiast of one of the best built engines ever.

Penguin_Racecar
07-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by k98303
FD IS THE BEST!

I can. When they're clad with hideous body kits and a towel rack on the back. The FD is a beautiful car stock.

k98303
07-23-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Penguin_Racecar

I can. When they're clad with hideous body kits and a towel rack on the back. The FD is a beautiful car stock.

any one of them, doesn't matter with kits of stock...are beautiful enuff to drive me nuts

pikamonk
08-26-2006, 12:03 AM
I'm sort of looking forward to it... in a way. Finally I'll be able to get parts :dunno:

JAYMEZ
08-26-2006, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by pikamonk
I'm sort of looking forward to it... in a way. Finally I'll be able to get parts :dunno:

LOL no doubt , there is gonna be alot of broken down RHD RX-7 soon.

danno
08-26-2006, 09:10 AM
who's going to fix all these cars, rx7 specialties??? he's the only one with a really good knowledge of the car.

i like the rx7 but i'm not a fan of rhd from japan, we'll see a bunch of beat up rx7's on the side of the road. if i was to ever consider buying one, i'd pay under 10k for the car save 5k for a new engine and 5k for paint and body.

4doorj
08-26-2006, 11:01 AM
:love: :love: :love: :love:

Originally posted by k98303
FD IS THE BEST!

http://www.importconcern.ca/carindex/img/fd3s/0015.jpg

http://www.importconcern.ca/carindex/img/fd3s/0062.jpg

finboy
08-26-2006, 11:07 AM

sshhhhhh

Seriously, is it a huge deal to convert from RHD to LDH in these cars??

fyi, i contacted hinson supercars, they make kits for the rhd model, you just have to tell them before you order, same price ;)

as per passing on the highway, left turns, etc. mount a camera that can withstand some abuse in the front opening of the bumper (passenger side) and rig it through to an lcd screen in the car, kind of like what motor homes use to back up

cityhunter2501
08-26-2006, 11:42 PM
I would just wait for a year or two and see if some beyonders decided to sell their RHD FDs

undecided now wheter to go for EVO3 in 08 or FD in 07

Zoom_Zoom
08-26-2006, 11:59 PM

sry i had to comment u on this. You dont know shit about imported cars. say u import a 240sx (180sx) from japan. okay, over there they got 200hp stock. cuz they got the sr20 in it. STOCK! but when get sent to america or north america. they remove those engines andd put in american made ka24's in which are shitty cuz there like Fords engines. AMERICAN MADE!. is not a good thing. JAPAN MADE! is the best thing.

Plus RHD!

chibi_chas
08-27-2006, 12:26 AM
viper front end conversion ;)

http://www.importconcern.ca/articles/fd3sfever/107714_1.jpg

arian_ma
08-28-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Zoom_Zoom

sry i had to comment u on this. You dont know shit about imported cars. say u import a 240sx (180sx) from japan. okay, over there they got 200hp stock. cuz they got the sr20 in it. STOCK! but when get sent to america or north america. they remove those engines andd put in american made ka24's in which are shitty cuz there like Fords engines. AMERICAN MADE!. is not a good thing. JAPAN MADE! is the best thing.

Plus RHD!

:rolleyes:
Most of the cars imported here are Japanese garbage that they don't want anymore and all of a sudden there is a huge dump a few thousand kilometers away that will take anything...
I've got nothing against RHD, it is just sad IMO when you see these kids that go up to people and they're liek "OH WOW RHD you're my idol that is the cleanest car ever" and I just look at them like "Do you notice that half of the interior of that car is missing?"
If you're going to import one, don't be a cheap fuck, get one from a private seller so that at least all the RX-7's that are getting imported are clean.

Lo)2enz0
08-28-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by arian_ma

I've got nothing against RHD, it is just sad IMO when you see these kids that go up to people and they're liek "OH WOW RHD you're my idol that is the cleanest car ever" and I just look at them like "Do you notice that half of the interior of that car is missing?

i have half of my interior missing, its hardcore drifter style lol

seriously, alot of well put comments in this thread. I do agree that about 60% of the cars that do come in are garbage. but hey some people what something that they can afford. even with the s13's, its cheaper to buy a jdm 180sx or even a silvia than to do the swap over here. well unless your car is a total pos that is.

I do think there is going to be alot of problems with these cars and unless your used to looking at your car all the time needing something done, stay away from rotory.

CivicTunr
08-28-2006, 11:19 AM
Gravy, reality check but people pay good money to be exclusive. and if you tell me youve never got something and paid more for it because it was uncommon then im calling you a liar. RHD vehicles do ruin the market, not as bad as many people think but its a noticeable impact. For a car like an FD RX7 thats on the upswing in value i can see this beign really hurtfull...

okay, i doubt its that noticeable because not alot of people want to drive RHD cars, its a hassle.and look at the bright side, most of these will probally break down and you can have parts :D :clap:

arian_ma
08-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0

i have half of my interior missing, its hardcore drifter style lol

Oh no I didn't mean missing because you took it out yourself. I mean missing because the car is 20 years old and if fell out and no one ever fixed it.

Crymson
09-05-2006, 04:45 PM
SO IT BEGINS!!! (http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=23311996&pgno=1&srt=1)

Akagi Redsuns
09-05-2006, 05:04 PM
SO IT BEGINS!!! (http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=23311996&pgno=1&srt=1)

The JDM flipping begins. Buy low, sell high. Makes sense I guess. Too bad I'm usually the buyer and not the seller though :(

mx73someday
09-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Oh man, fucking illegal importers are lame. According to Mazda EPC software, the first RX-7 was manufactured in November 1991. This car is advertised as a 1993, so it's probably manufactured in 1993. All Customs paperwork would've had the car registered as a 1991, it would also have to be registered as a 1991. So it doesn't make any sense why he would advertise it as a 1993. It also explains why he knows that it's the first RHD RX-7, because he lied to get it in.

FivE.SeveN
09-05-2006, 07:42 PM
Damn well if customs truely is this clueless, start bringing us in '99 supras and call em 91's. :nut:

funkedelic
09-13-2006, 02:18 AM
fd ftw!!!11!1!!
https://bzl.cis6200.jp/syupimg/KG/used/560105.jpg
https://bzl.cis6200.jp/syupimg/KG/used/560103.jpg

funkedelic
09-13-2006, 02:20 AM
https://bzl.cis6200.jp/syupimg/OS/used/030793.jpg https://bzl.cis6200.jp/syupimg/OS/used/030795.jpg

this ones not bad

FivE.SeveN
09-13-2006, 07:54 AM
I think if I was to import an RX-7, I'd rip out the rotary and drop an LS1. No telling how hard those motors were run on those 2 above pics, but the cf hoods/ricer spoilers/body kits/wheels says something. ;)

Then again who knows, they may still be in near-perfect condition. Having a bodykit+wheels doesnt mean you bag on your motor every time you drive..

mard
09-13-2006, 08:01 AM
i dunno bout u guys but umm importconcern has one i think up for sale on there site... but its not that great but it seems pretty cheap..

http://www.importconcern.ca/stock/100276/

Crymson
09-13-2006, 08:26 AM
Well, when you guys start buying these, pm me the parts list that was installed on the car, you could probably recoup a serious chunk of the cost. The cars may or may not be junk, but they'll probably be loaded with decent goodies.

avow
09-13-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi

LOL no doubt , there is gonna be alot of broken down RHD RX-7 soon.

James is just pissed off because he is counting down the days to when the MKIVs become legal and his car drops 10g in value :D :drama:

stevieo
09-13-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by avow

James is just pissed off because he is counting down the days to when the MKIVs become legal and his car drops 10g in value :D :drama:

i really doubt the LHD ones will drop in value.

dino_martini
09-13-2006, 04:00 PM
http://www.importconcern.ca/articles/fd3sfever/10_____1.jpg

:drool:

Crymson
09-13-2006, 04:48 PM
the 1993 supra's are selling for 4500 to 14,000 in japan at auction. So you'll see them hit canadian shores for 15-20k when they're legal. Same as the GT-R's and same as the rx-7's. But it looks like a non turbo can be had for prett cheap.

http://www.japaneseusedcars.com/auction/results/models/toyota/list_supra.html

I don't know how accurate this site is though.

avow
09-13-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by stevieo

i really doubt the LHD ones will drop in value.

thats what everyone said about the mr2s... 2 years ago you would be very hard pressed to find one under $20000, now much lhds are $15000. Trust me, when the JDM Supras come in (they will be about $15000 according to Import Concern) they are going to hurt the market for the $40000 LHD MKIVs that are already here. its just common sense.

Crymson
09-13-2006, 04:53 PM
The current market for rx-7's in canada isn't as bad as you'd think. You can get a good one for 20k and a great one for 25k. The ones that are overpriced don't sell, and the ones that a prices well but are crappy, tend to sit on the market for a long time. There has been one for sale in BC on autotrader for 21k, which is a reasonable price, for well over a year. I'm assuming its a shady ass car.

a solid, mostly stock, LHD drive FD can be had for 15k-20k if you dig hard, and browse the canadian rx-7 club sites, and call rotary shops, but anything that makes it's way to autotrader is not representative of the market, and shouldnt' be used to guage the current "going price"

If there is a significant plummet in the prices of either the LHD RX-7 or the supra, you'll just see them stop changing hands. The only think that worries me, is that if you wrote off your supra or rx-7 you'd have a bitter struggle with your insurance company because they'd try to justify their payout based on a RHD car, and a LHD replacement cost.

avow
09-13-2006, 05:24 PM
The only think that worries me, is that if you wrote off your supra or rx-7 you'd have a bitter struggle with your insurance company because they'd try to justify their payout based on a RHD car, and a LHD replacement cost.
most people who have imported cars that i have talked to have advised me to just use base insurance and save a ton of the hassel such as getting the car appreased etc.

euro_racer
09-13-2006, 05:44 PM

thats what everyone said about the mr2s... 2 years ago you would be very hard pressed to find one under $20000, now much lhds are $15000. Trust me, when the JDM Supras come in (they will be about $15000 according to Import Concern) they are going to hurt the market for the $40000 LHD MKIVs that are already here. its just common sense.

:werd: one reason i sold my sc300, there is quite a few sororers comming in now for under 10K, bringing the price of the n/a model down...common sence to me

plan of attack:
-sell my sc300 for good money while i can (check)
-wait for the imports to come in and bring priced of current model down
-watch there be a large supply/# of soarers

-buy another sc300/soarer a couple years later, there will be plenty to choose from (newer or better condition) cheaper than what i sold mine for and more parts available :bigpimp:

= win for me :D

Crymson
09-13-2006, 06:35 PM

most people who have imported cars that i have talked to have advised me to just use base insurance and save a ton of the hassel such as getting the car appreased etc.

How's that going to help you at all? What i'm saying is that it's going to more expensive to replace your LHD than a JDM rhd import, but it should be easily argued that a RHD version of your car should NOT be considered adequate, if you totalled a LHD car with proper collision insurance. I'm sure you'd have to get nasty with your insurance company but it doubt that they'd take you to court.

Also, our RX-7's and Supra's are more tied to the US market than to the Japanese auction market. An FD right now, in canada, is priced pretty closely to what it would cost you to buy and FD in the states, ship, modify and inspect it. If our Supra's and RX-7's dropped in price considerable because of the JDM imports, they would all dissapear to the US rather then coming up from the US as they currently do because the US will never get the RHD FD as canada will.

I'm sure there must be an economist in the bunch who could explain this kind of phenomenon? Becuase either the US would scoop up all of our LHD rx-7's and supra's because their demand is high an our supply AND prices would be low -- but conversely, that would make a LHD canadian FD more rare and hence more valuable? What do i know.

They made like 13,000 LHD rx-7's and probably a few hundred thousand RHD ones, that should count for something.

It would be like osmosis over the border. The RHD FD's would be forcing the LHD FD's from Canada until there was a price/demand equilibrium established.