PDA

View Full Version : Subaru cheaper in the States?

Mr_John
07-11-2006, 02:39 AM
I've heard and read around this forum that if you plan on buying a Subaru then it is cheaper to buy it from the States. Is this true and if so then how much cheaper?
I've finally after a long time decided to buy the Subaru Legacy GT.
Anyone with information and willing to share will become my hero. Actually I'll just be very appreciated. Thanks.

Aleks
07-11-2006, 06:54 AM
www.cars101.com

There you will find all the invoice prices on new Subarus in the USA. (if the site is up)

I was quoted $25,900 for a fully loaded LGT ltd. That is US funds. That is about 32K Canadian with GST, NO Duty (made in USA). So about 8 Grand less than what you pay here.

Pretty much the only reason I bought my subaru here Is i had to finance and I knew one of the guys at subaru so i got an ok deal. Still ended up being 4-5 grand over what i would have paid in the States.

Tik-Tok
07-11-2006, 01:09 PM
It's not just Subaru's either, most vehicles are cheaper to buy in the USofA.

Mr_John
07-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
www.cars101.com

There you will find all the invoice prices on new Subarus in the USA. (if the site is up)

I was quoted $25,900 for a fully loaded LGT ltd. That is US funds. That is about 32K Canadian with GST, NO Duty (made in USA). So about 8 Grand less than what you pay here.

Pretty much the only reason I bought my subaru here Is i had to finance and I knew one of the guys at subaru so i got an ok deal. Still ended up being 4-5 grand over what i would have paid in the States.

So can you bargain with these guys or is that invoice price the final price that you pay?
Thanks for the heads up.

barbarian
07-11-2006, 05:54 PM
There was an article about that posted here. About the only company in Canada that isn't gouging with respect to exchange rate is General Motors, and thus they can't offer all those "Employee Pricing" specials that the others can (since the others have such a high profit margin), therefore their sales numbers are in trouble.

Aleks
07-11-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Mr_John

So can you bargain with these guys or is that invoice price the final price that you pay?
Thanks for the heads up.

I was quoted invoice - 1500 rebate they had going on. So basically he quoted me below cost. If you went into a dealer here and offered them something below cost they will laugh you off the lot :banghead: