PDA

View Full Version : Who sells Mityvacs/bleeder kits?

Ashkente
07-11-2006, 09:20 AM
I want a Mityvac kit. Every parts place/CT I go to only has some stupid bottle with cylinder adapters that don't fit my car. Know who sells them, or where I could get some sort of vacuum operated bleeder device?

freakin
07-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Bump...I'd like to know as well.

Where did you find the kits that wouldn't fit your car? I'm having a hell of a time trying to bleed my car after letting the MC and lines go dry.

Ashkente
07-11-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by freakin
Bump...I'd like to know as well.

Where did you find the kits that wouldn't fit your car? I'm having a hell of a time trying to bleed my car after letting the MC and lines go dry.

AutoValue, Princess Auto, Canadian Tire

They are not at all what I'm looking for anyhow, but would have done the trick if they line adapters/hoses fit. It's basically just a bottle with a magnet on it that you put somewhere above your bleeder to siphon back fluid instead of air. They were $6 something at Princess Auto, and $15 at CT.

I want to do my MC as well, but without a way to bench bleed it, I may not. Thankfully I had the foresight to not let it drain entirely..

milesmcewing
07-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Motive products.

About 40$ from the US, best tool for brakes.

We use ours all the time, and no you can't borrow it!

Can't remember the Motive website, someone on a BMW mod site had a parts list to build one at home depot, the critical part is to get a seal that is not destroyed by brake fluid

Cheers
Miles