PDA

View Full Version : Will lowered cars pass the out of province inspection?

mr.13secprobe
07-11-2006, 12:10 PM
The car I'm getting is lowered and also has the aftermarket muffler.

Would it pass the oop inspection?

If not, then how do all the modded jdm cars pass the inspection?

freakin
07-11-2006, 12:30 PM
A lowered car will pass as long as it was lowered safely. Something like torched or cut springs wouldn't pass if it was noticed or if clearance issues were created. If we're talking about springs/coilovers, then you'll be fine.

Same with the exhaust. As long as it's in good shape, has a cat, and not falling off...you should be fine.

If you're really concerned, ask the shop before you pay them for the inspection if they'll fail the car simply because of the mods. If they say yes, then go somewhere else that will actually inspect them to see if they're safe then make the judgement.

gp36912
07-11-2006, 12:40 PM
ive never failed a car for having mods like that, if it was done right at least. if they cut the spring, or w/e its a instant fail for me

SilverBoost
07-11-2006, 01:33 PM
A lowered car is not "suppose" to pass inspection. And neither is an aftermarket exhaust. That's not to say they don't get passed.

gp36912
07-11-2006, 05:10 PM
its not supposed to but i mean come on, if its in good shape and not going to do any harm letting it on the road, might as well pass it. and even if you get them to put everything back as stock, the owner will end up getting those mods redone anyways

SilverBoost
07-11-2006, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by gp36912
its not supposed to but i mean come on, if its in good shape and not going to do any harm letting it on the road, might as well pass it. and even if you get them to put everything back as stock, the owner will end up getting those mods redone anyways

oh trust me, I wasn't dissagreeing. :) I had my car "passed" and it's all good. I used that same logic when I got asked about my modifications. It's not liek my 1.25" drop is going to matter really... it's all sound.

And I wasn't about to shoe-horn on a stock freaking muffler to my 3" exhaust for 5 minutes just to pass an inspection and then tear it all off again.