PDA

View Full Version : And the gayest vehicles are......

Xtrema
07-11-2006, 12:20 PM
http://www.thecarconnection.com/blog/?p=366

Maybe your own gaydar tells you that more same-sexers love the Mazda Miata, the Jeep Wrangler or Subaru’s Forester. But now, our colleagues over at Gaywheels.com say they have the definitive list of wheels that appeal to gay shoppers. Scanning their site for the ten most researched vehicles, Gaywheels says the top vehicles include the following:

1 Saturn Sky
2 Toyota Yaris
3 Dodge Caliber
4 Volkswagen Jetta
5 Toyota Camry
6 Audi A3
7 Toyota Prius
8 Saab 9-3 (sedan and convertible)
9 Pontiac G6 (sedan, coupe and convertible)
10 Mazda MX-5

Site founder Joe LaMuraglia says the cars in the top ten all come from gay-friendly manufacturers, a designation the site makes based upon the company’s stand on partner benefits and other issues affecting the gay, lesbian, bi and transgender community.

Sprinter
07-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Ouch, there are 3 Toyota's in there, They need to bring back awesome cars like the Supra and stop making cars such as the Yaris :thumbsdow

FivE.SeveN
3 Dodge Caliber AKA new SRT-4 frame BAHAHAHAHAHA.

acura_el
i couldn't help notice that most of them were hatchbacks....sort of like they just had their shit pushed in :dunno:

QuasarCav
07-11-2006, 12:28 PM
I thought Subaru was the official Homo-car.

gp36912
07-11-2006, 12:37 PM
:D thats reassuring that none of the cars i am looking for are in there lol. s4, m3, e55 amg. :D the ones i can get close to be able to afford at least

T78Supra1
07-11-2006, 12:45 PM
i thought the smart would make it on that list

heavyD
07-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by FivE.SeveN
3 Dodge Caliber AKA new SRT-4 frame BAHAHAHAHAHA.

:dunno:

rc2002
07-11-2006, 01:35 PM
I'm surprised the beetle didn't make it on

/////AMG
07-11-2006, 01:39 PM
The Audi A3? No way....

rony_espana
07-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Glad I don't own anything from that list...btw I don't think the new camry should be there, its actually pretty nice!

Heres one from cardomain:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e85/rony_espana/2327123_15_full.jpg

Orbie
07-11-2006, 01:48 PM
I just love how the commercials tout the Caliber as being a manly man's car and not fairy at all...maybe that's the appeal?:dunno:

sputnik
07-11-2006, 02:04 PM
BORING.

So because a gay person likes a car that makes me gay if I like it?

Sorry, but using that theory would make more than half of Beyond gay if the theory was applied to fashion sense. I personally do most of my shopping at Marks Work Warehouse. So I should be safe.

If most of you actually read the article the selections we based on which companies we "gay friendly" to their employees.

nonsane
07-11-2006, 02:17 PM
I like 4 of those cars

okay so if gay people like my car.

Just be careful who your passengers are and it won't be a problem!

Orbie
07-11-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

If most of you actually read the article the selections we based on which companies we "gay friendly" to their employees.

What are you talking about man!?

The selections were made from the top ten most researched vehicles on Gaywheels.com...

Scanning their site for the ten most researched vehicles, Gaywheels says the top vehicles include the following:

It was just pointed out as a sidenote that these vehicles happen to come from "Gay-Friendly" designated car companies...

Site founder Joe LaMuraglia says the cars in the top ten all come from gay-friendly manufacturers, a designation the site makes based upon the company’s stand on partner benefits and other issues affecting the gay, lesbian, bi and transgender community.

DoubleLP
07-11-2006, 02:35 PM
My vote for this thread....

:closed:

WASTE of time.

Sorath
07-11-2006, 03:11 PM
a3 is soo hot :( why is it gay :(

adam c
07-11-2006, 03:20 PM
wtf is a gay friendly car manufacturer?

is that why cars are getting worse.. i mean what happened to the ages of the
240SX
Supra
Integra
etc..

i mean shit. what do they have now..
camry, prius, yaris..

cars just arent like they used to be

acura_el
07-11-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Sorath
a3 is soo hot :( why is it gay :(

cuz it looks like an A4 bent over and was hit from behind

energieboi
07-11-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by adam c
wtf is a gay friendly car manufacturer?

is that why cars are getting worse.. i mean what happened to the ages of the
240SX
Supra
Integra
etc..

i mean shit. what do they have now..
camry, prius, yaris..

cars just arent like they used to be

amen to that

all i hear now days is how honda fit is so versitile, and the yaris too and matrix and all those crap.

acura_el
07-11-2006, 04:20 PM
^^i second that. somewhere along the way toyota seems to have gotten lost :( atleast acura still has the RSX and nissan has the 350

slowboy
07-11-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by acura_el
atleast acura still has the RSX

Not for long

acura_el
07-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by slowboy

Not for long

really? what's gonna be replacing it if anything? better not be a damn yaris look-alike

Ekliptix
07-11-2006, 04:40 PM
The Saturn Sky is not gay.

waypastfast
07-11-2006, 04:42 PM
According to a magazine article i read a year or so ago.......the official car is the Audi A4 followed close by the Mini Cooper.....

A2VR6
07-11-2006, 05:55 PM

really? what's gonna be replacing it if anything? better not be a damn yaris look-alike

Nothing for now... Acura is trying to move "upscale"

adam c
07-12-2006, 08:51 AM
^^i second that. somewhere along the way toyota seems to have gotten lost :( atleast acura still has the RSX and nissan has the 350

true but.. aside from a few people here. who can go out and buy a new 350Z or a RSX-S

im sure 240s and supras were resonably priced when they came out

Rav4Guy
07-12-2006, 09:00 AM
^ got lost along the way? LOL. You think the 350Z or the RSX-S are the bread-and-butter of Infinity and Acura respectively? maybe the 350 but it isn't a big market. Toyota just knew where to spend their money.

FivE.SeveN
07-12-2006, 09:04 AM
No way, supras havent depreciated at all since they came out bro. ;) Some cars are just either so good or so rare that peope will pay premium for one. Supras are a bit of both, they didnt sell many and the engine can be pushed to crazy hp.

But yeah, somewhere along the line car makers got their BALLS CUT OFF and they're thinking more about how to round off the hard edges on their cars, rather than make it kick ass. Show me any current-gen model that can match the styling of a 300zx, Integra, Prelude, etc. -- seems they've universally made cars 'taller' and taken away every single distinct edge on the body. See that pic of the new camry -- I can't find a single defining point on that car, it just kind of flows like mush.

Either that, or theyve made hatchbacks.

i couldn't help notice that most of them were hatchbacks....sort of like they just had their shit pushed in

evo916
07-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by FivE.SeveN
No way, supras havent depreciated at all since they came out bro. ;) Some cars are just either so good or so rare that peope will pay premium for one. Supras are a bit of both, they didnt sell many and the engine can be pushed to crazy hp.

But yeah, somewhere along the line car makers got their BALLS CUT OFF and they're thinking more about how to round off the hard edges on their cars, rather than make it kick ass. Show me any current-gen model that can match the styling of a 300zx, Integra, Prelude, etc. -- seems they've universally made cars 'taller' and taken away every single distinct edge on the body. See that pic of the new camry -- I can't find a single defining point on that car, it just kind of flows like mush.

Either that, or theyve made hatchbacks.

i think the mustang keeps getting better every generation

treg50
07-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

VW Jetta was #1 queen a couple years ago.

Darkane
07-12-2006, 02:41 PM
Well at least I dont have to worry about my T/A at all lol. Civics didnt make the list which is good too.

C4S
07-12-2006, 06:41 PM
We know VW and Toyota are gay ..

but .. even SAAB ?? :dunno:

jdm_jspec
07-12-2006, 06:46 PM
:drama:

JordanEG6
07-12-2006, 06:56 PM
i'd replace the G6 with a Honda Insight hahaha.

Gen4Accord
07-12-2006, 07:14 PM
According to a magazine article i read a year or so ago.......the official car is the Audi A4 followed close by the Mini Cooper.....

this guy i used to work for at an auto detailing shop was gay and had an A4 :rofl:

BigWill
07-12-2006, 07:22 PM
i couldn't help notice that most of them were hatchbacks....sort of like they just had their shit pushed in :dunno:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

evo916
07-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Gen4Accord

this guy i used to work for at an auto detailing shop was gay and had an A4 :rofl:

haha gotta be adessa if its in airdrie

now he drives an escalade

nonsane
07-13-2006, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by C4S
We know VW and Toyota are gay ..

but .. even SAAB ?? :dunno:

Isn't that saab basically a subaru?

Where is the Honda Element or Scion Xb and PT Cruiser.

Those should definately be on this list.

sh0ko
07-13-2006, 08:42 AM
hahaha i think some ppl are getting confused... its not gayest as in crappiest car its how many gay ppl are into the car haha

Godfuader
07-13-2006, 09:08 AM
Really thought the Audi TT, Smart and Miata would top the list.

jersturbo
07-13-2006, 01:31 PM
3. Dodge Caliber

ask any current "real" SRT4 owner, and they will tell you "yes" the caliber is a gay-mobile...just look at it...yuck! :barf:

and due to it's 'tender' internals, even the 'srt4' version will never be a mod platform...the trans and block are rated to thier max at just past 300hp...

...mean while the current SRT4 will take up to 600hp on stock internals!

that's what happens when to much jdm-mitsu is mixed in the DNA!! :thumbsdow

~

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/jersturbo/Nexo01.jpg

jersturbo
07-13-2006, 01:38 PM
funny...

...i thought this would be marked gay
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/jersturbo/Solstice_9_.jpg

...and a TURBO version of this, would not be!
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/jersturbo/opelGTsolstice.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/jersturbo/0500_saturn_sky_041.jpg

IMO

Newk
07-13-2006, 01:55 PM
http://hotlinkthis.com//images/2222auggal4.jpg

FivE.SeveN
07-13-2006, 02:38 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

mucat
07-14-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
5 Toyota Camry

The Camry is more old folks or family folks' car than gay.

msommers
07-14-2006, 05:57 PM
To all those asking why companies arn't producing many sports cars is a very simple business concept. Sure there are a small percentage of us out there that love sports cars. But the other 90% don't, they want reliable, great gas mileage and large capacity. The major problem I see with all the new cars in general is that they have a engineered point of parts breakage and also the new designs of things. Like the crossfire for example. Personally I like the look of the front of it but the back looks like the back of a black chick in a chapelle rap video! At least BMW's are still kick ass!!!

djayz
07-14-2006, 06:42 PM
im suprised at a few that are on that list
the saab and the audi should not be there.

and we need cheap cars like china/japan/india cars you can buy brand new for under $15000 none of this econimical shit thats runs you close to $30grand after adding a/c and power windows/locks.

tentacles
07-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Is HOMO the Honda version of NISMO?

JordanEG6
07-17-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by tentacles

hahaha technically yes.

BerserkerCatSplat
07-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by tentacles

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cooked Rice
07-17-2006, 10:20 PM
I still think VW is, no offense to straight VW owners. All the gay people I know drive VWs... :dunno:

iceburns288
07-18-2006, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
1 Saturn Sky
2 Toyota Yaris
3 Dodge Caliber
4 Volkswagen Jetta
6 Audi A3
8 Saab 9-3 (sedan and convertible)
10 Mazda MX-5
I like all these cars, they don't seem gay to me:dunno:

Well, the Caliber I don't like too much, I just don't mind it, and I like that a company finally downsized a new generation when cars just keep getting bigger and bigger.

frozenrice
07-18-2006, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

No it's the official Lesbo car - which is okay.

CappyMcSlappy
07-18-2006, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by iceburns288

I like all these cars, they don't seem gay to me:dunno:

Well, the Caliber I don't like too much, I just don't mind it, and I like that a company finally downsized a new generation when cars just keep getting bigger and bigger.

That's the thing, I think that was a good move on DCX's part. At leaset they've got a good, solid car that is on the smaller side to compete with the downsizing trend in NA right now.

You have to give the Caliber props as well. It IS the first Dodge (other than the Viper) to make its way across the pond.

I think its kinda interesting that after all the noise about the "fairy commerical" that gay groups have embraced the Caliber. Didn't see that one coming.

At least the Caliber tries to LOOK a little more manly than some of the other entrants in that category.

I would have loved to have seen the Turbo Opel drop-top over here. At least the Saturn version is VERY close in its styling. We can pretend I guess...

Redlyne_mr2
07-18-2006, 07:09 PM
Based on the commercials Ive seen and the name I would say the new VW Rabbit is the gayest car ever. Guaranteed youll see Stuart and Peter rolling around in one cranking the CC music factory

Nissanaddict
07-19-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by CappyMcSlappy

That's the thing, I think that was a good move on DCX's part. At leaset they've got a good, solid car that is on the smaller side to compete with the downsizing trend in NA right now.

You have to give the Caliber props as well. It IS the first Dodge (other than the Viper) to make its way across the pond.

I think its kinda interesting that after all the noise about the "fairy commerical" that gay groups have embraced the Caliber. Didn't see that one coming.

At least the Caliber tries to LOOK a little more manly than some of the other entrants in that category.

I would have loved to have seen the Turbo Opel drop-top over here. At least the Saturn version is VERY close in its styling. We can pretend I guess...

Whaddya mean downsizing? It's bigger than the Neon it replaced. About the gays embracing it...I'd guess it's for the ones that are in fact the man in the relationship, whereas the other 9 are probably the other ones. :nut:

snoop101
07-20-2006, 10:01 AM
My cousin is gay and he is more into cars then a lot of straight people I know. I think now a days gay people are a lot more "manly" then before. Though I dont see them drive around in Mustangs, but then again most middle-high class business people wouldent buy one either. Saying the VW is pushing towards gay people is not ture, true the rabbit commercial isnt "hard core" in a sense, but the VW Jetta, Passat, GTI (especially the R32) are very manly.

energieboi
07-20-2006, 10:28 AM
what happened to the Matrix, Yaris, Echo, Honda Fit, and all the crap like that.

I have to give a thumbs up for the MX-5 spot in the gay car sections

worst "sport car" design I ever seen
every single year looks the same :barf:

Teggy2nr
07-20-2006, 01:55 PM
Well its no surprise the Outback made it on the list, because how else would gay ppl make the weekend trips to Brokeback mountian.

bunnk
07-20-2006, 02:26 PM
dont see nissan in there either :thumbsup:

bunnk
07-20-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Teggy2nr
Well its no surprise the Outback made it on the list, because how else would gay ppl make the weekend trips to Brokeback mountian.

:rofl:

ProjectR
07-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Newk
http://hotlinkthis.com//images/2222auggal4.jpg

hahaha frickin' hilarious :rofl: