07-11-2006, 01:21 PM
first picture looks chopped

gp36912
07-11-2006, 01:22 PM
they should stick to the r34 styling :D i love the r34's styling

vc-kev
07-11-2006, 01:25 PM
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww :barf:

I hope they make some serious cosmetic changes before release.

T78Supra1
07-11-2006, 01:26 PM
No Picture as far as i can tell is not chopped

And i agree the R34 is a hell of allot nicer.....
I would by a 2001 R34 GTR way before i would by the R34

heavyD
07-11-2006, 01:29 PM
The latest Sport Compact Car Magazine has pics and they are just as ugly as that. Good luck trying to sell those over her for over $80K.:thumbsdow

SilverBoost
07-11-2006, 01:30 PM
maybe that angle helps make it similar but besides some familiar lines I wouldn't exactly say it looks like a RX8

And there are still a few different version of the concept out there.

http://www.automotivearticles.com/uploads/image_5.jpg

http://www.dragsource.com/articles/gtrconcept.jpg

http://www.dragsource.com/articles/gtrconcept2.jpg

heavyD
07-11-2006, 01:33 PM
Someone at Nissan needs to get fired before they put one of those abominations into production.:barf:

Sorath
07-11-2006, 01:33 PM
the first pic looks hot, 2nd one looks like the new eclipse

carguy
07-11-2006, 01:35 PM
everyone is complaining about the style now. wait a year or so, when these cars are released to the market, people are still going to buy and embrace these cars the same way.

Xtrema
07-11-2006, 01:36 PM
That's the old one.

This is the newer proto

http://paultan.org/wp-content/skyline_gtr_proto_1.jpg

BigMass
07-11-2006, 01:38 PM
Looks fine and it's going to kick ass, but nobody will pay 80-90k for one. It will end up just like the NSX. 3-4 sold country wide/ year.

spyce
07-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Yea I dont mind the new prototype. It sorta looks odd with the carbon fibre here and there. Should look really sleek in all black.
I heard its gonna be about 70k US? :banghead:

Fcuk
07-11-2006, 03:03 PM
=[ I miss the Good old r34's already

Sorath
07-11-2006, 03:04 PM
i`ll wait to buy it second hand :P

acura_el
07-11-2006, 03:23 PM
IMO it looks like too much of a concept luxury instead of a sports car...looks okay, but the old r-34's looked wayyyyy better

heavyD
07-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
That's the old one.

This is the newer proto

http://paultan.org/wp-content/skyline_gtr_proto_1.jpg

Looks like a combination of the current 350Z and the new Eclipse from the front. Worst part is that for all that money you have to put up with crappy Nissan reliability.

lewdvig
07-11-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Looks like a combination of the current 350Z and the new Eclipse from the front. Worst part is that for all that money you have to put up with crappy Nissan reliability.

You guys need new glasses. That thing is hellla hot!

It looks like the 350 and G35 coupe because they all share the same chassis - that is right, the Infiniti G35 _is_ a Skyline. It just isn't a GTR. You can get regular family car versions of the R34 too.

Nissan makes the most reliable car that I have ever owned - not as good as the Neon you have heavyD. But hey, it is well established that the Neon is one of the best cars ever made. Heck, is any car better at holding it value? Everyone wants one of those purple 93 Neons with the gray bumpers - truely a classic car. It is surely worth the quart of oil per week it takes to keep on the road - warped cylinder heads are the mark of a true classic. </sarcasm>

heavyD
07-11-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by lewdvig

You guys need new glasses. That thing is hellla hot!

It looks like the 350 and G35 coupe because they all share the same chassis - that is right, the Infiniti G35 _is_ a Skyline. It just isn't a GTR. You can get regular family car versions of the R34 too.

Nissan makes the most reliable car that I have ever owned - not as good as the Neon you have heavyD. But hey, it is well established that the Neon is one of the best cars ever made. Heck, is any car better at holding it value? Everyone wants one of those purple 93 Neons with the gray bumpers - truely a classic car. It is surely worth the quart of oil per week it takes to keep on the road - warped cylinder heads are the mark of a true classic. &lt;/sarcasm&gt;

Ahhh the Nissan fanboy. Hope you feel better trashing a car that wasn't even part of the conversation. FYI: Chrysler long term reliability is ranked higher than Nissans accoring to jd power in fact so is GM & Ford. Maybe you got a good one but ask someone that owned a newer Sentra or one of their pickups even an Infinity. Nissan & Mazda are the mediocre Japanese car companies. Deal with it.

BTW: If JD power isn't enough for you consider your car the Altima is one of their more reliable cars and Consumer Reports from data gathered from cars dated 1998 - 2005 rank your Altima 12th below:

Family Cars Used Rankings:
1. Toyota Prius
2. Honda Accord Hybrid
3. honda Accord 4 cyl.
4. Mitsubishi galant V6
5. Mitsubishi Galant 4 cyl
6. Chevrolet Impala
7. Subaru Legacy Turbo
8. Subaru Legacy 4 cyl.
9. Pontiac Grand Prix
10. Hyundai Sonata
11. Hyundai Sonata
12. Nissan Altima V6
13. Subaru Outback 4 cyl.
14. Nissan Altima 4 cyl

Granted your car didn't do worse than the worst (Mazda 6 V6 & hatchback & VW Passat) you don't have much to brag about nor trash other peoples cars.

IncredibleToad
07-11-2006, 03:54 PM
that first head on pic of the GTR 's background looks like a track off GT4 hahah looks animated

calgary350z
07-11-2006, 09:45 PM
I think it looks good as well, I do agree the first concept is not the most cosmeticly appealing and I think they will be a car that stands out when you see it in person.

crazydriver
07-11-2006, 09:57 PM
comparing the R35 to the R34.. i'd rather pick up a old R34, Nissan needs some styling work there, i hardly see any "Skyline" in those concepts

lewdvig
07-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Brute power will only take an un-aero car so far. The R34 is outdated in terms of aero dynamic efficiency. It is a classic, no doubt but it is time to move on.

I think the new design is an improvement and should result in a faster car. The R35 looks a bit smaller too. Hopefully it will be lighter.

I would rather have this than an M3 - I think they will be similarly priced.

lewdvig
07-11-2006, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Ahhh the Nissan fanboy. Hope you feel better trashing a car that wasn't even part of the conversation. FYI: Chrysler long term reliability is ranked higher than Nissans accoring to jd power in fact so is GM &amp; Ford. Maybe you got a good one but ask someone that owned a newer Sentra or one of their pickups even an Infinity. Nissan &amp; Mazda are the mediocre Japanese car companies. Deal with it.

BTW: If JD power isn't enough for you consider your car the Altima is one of their more reliable cars and Consumer Reports from data gathered from cars dated 1998 - 2005 rank your Altima 12th below:

Family Cars Used Rankings:
1. Toyota Prius
2. Honda Accord Hybrid
3. honda Accord 4 cyl.
4. Mitsubishi galant V6
5. Mitsubishi Galant 4 cyl
6. Chevrolet Impala
7. Subaru Legacy Turbo
8. Subaru Legacy 4 cyl.
9. Pontiac Grand Prix
10. Hyundai Sonata
11. Hyundai Sonata
12. Nissan Altima V6
13. Subaru Outback 4 cyl.
14. Nissan Altima 4 cyl

Granted your car didn't do worse than the worst (Mazda 6 V6 &amp; hatchback &amp; VW Passat) you don't have much to brag about nor trash other peoples cars.

I love my car - it is my first Nissan. It is a tank. A boring and reliable tank. I will probably get a Maxima next. Beeing a fan of any multinational is stupid - I will get what-ever gives me the best value for my money.

I am not bragging about owning an Altima at all - you are the one that said Nissans are suspect. I am just saying that a Neon owner is the last person who should be trashing another makers reliability record.

As a former Neon owner I am speaking from experience when I crap on Dodge. Maybe the 2005 models are better - who knows. My experience was bad enough that I will never step foot on a Dodge lot ever again.

At the end of the day though, the worst any car could ever be in any survey is second last as long as Dodge makes the Neon. That is just my opinion (albeit one that a lot of people share).

lewdvig
07-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by crazydriver
comparing the R35 to the R34.. i'd rather pick up a old R34, Nissan needs some styling work there, i hardly see any &quot;Skyline&quot; in those concepts

Nissan did an R34 re-issue recently due to demand. They bought up mint R34s off the used market and had NISMO work some magic on them. Is was a limited run - but I will be looking for one of those in about 12 years.

rc2002
07-11-2006, 10:22 PM
I think the new generation of Skyline looks amazing from the pictures so far. Newer is better. There isn't a single car that has come out that I haven't liked more than it's predecssor.

gp36912
07-11-2006, 10:30 PM
it problably runs better for sure. but there is still no replacement for the r34 body styling imo :D

canadianskyline
07-11-2006, 11:00 PM
I love the new concepts, and i dont get why there is all the hate on these cars. Sure they are worth a lot of money, but Nissan doesnt have a phenomenally bad reliability record. Sure they may not be the best, but there can only be 1 "best". You guys dont sit here crapping on the new Lexus supercar or the NSX which are the same price (most likely more). You also dont realize that back in 1990 when the NSX was unveiled, it was leaps and bounds ahead of the rest, and everyone was sceptical about it's styling and how much long term appeal it would have. These GTR's are no different than the Supra back in the day, and sure they didn't sell a lot of them, but they were a great car. Nissan's goal is not to sell a whole shitload of these things, it's to once again have a flagship car that has gobs of power and can compete with the best sports cars of the day (like the r34 did).

HeavyD, it seems to me that every single Nissan thread there is, your in there trashing the Nissan's. The thing is, there really isn't anything inherantly wrong with the majority of Nissan's, it just seems to be some biased opinion that you have, and it basically wrecks every thread you get into that involves Nissan's. I definately don't like SRT4's at all, and i would never own one, but I can appreciate that there are certain people out there for whom they are a great car and I don't take every chance I get to bash them. Why can't you just do the same, your not helping anyone with your biased complaining.

calgarys13
07-11-2006, 11:27 PM

Nissan did an R34 re-issue recently due to demand. They bought up mint R34s off the used market and had NISMO work some magic on them. Is was a limited run - but I will be looking for one of those in about 12 years.

i think they made 12..search for nismo z tune..absolutley amazing..for sure a super car...good luck ever finding one...hopefully it doesn't turn into an HKS zero R though

FivE.SeveN
07-11-2006, 11:31 PM
Sort of looks like a 350z on roids. I'd rock one if it wasnt so expensive.

Heh it's like all the (good) car companies are aiming for a rematch to see who can make the coolest sportscar again. Toyota has their new supra idea, Nissan's got this GTR... Mazda needs an RX-9 'cause the -8 is too much luxury and not enough pull. Doesnt Acura have another NSX coming too? I think I forgot someone...

Woohoo :thumbsdow :thumbsdow to SUVs!

lewdvig
07-11-2006, 11:35 PM
I would love to see another Supra.

Heck, there is even a new Camaro coming out!

kdwebber
07-12-2006, 03:13 AM
There were 20 Nismo Z tunes ever to be made.

Oh and Heavy D how about you do us all a favor and...

STAY THE FUCK OUT OF ANY NISSAN THREAD!!!

FivE.SeveN
07-12-2006, 09:18 AM
HAhahahahahaa :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :werd:

Oh yeah I remembered who else was supposed to be on that list... Mitsubishi had the 3000GT (AKA GTO). I think they're out with that one though, the lancer evo is their new power car.

95EagleAWD
07-12-2006, 02:13 PM
Damn... that thing is still ugly.

"Supercars", which the Skyline most definetly is not, are supposed to be sleek, low-slung two-seat cars. That thing is boderline repulsive. I really do hope it's just the pictures, because it looks freakin' huge.

For the price, someone mentioned 70K USD? So that'll probably come out to almost 135-145K Canadian.

:rofl:

Thanks, but no thanks. I'd buy a Porsche 911 Turbo, or a used 360 Modena from the States. Or an older F355 F1.

There's no way Nissan would get my money if it actually loooks like that. :thumbsdow

kdwebber
07-12-2006, 02:27 PM
["Supercars", which the Skyline most definetly is not, are supposed to be sleek, low-slung two-seat cars.]

How many seats does the Mclaren F1 have again? Oh right its got three its not a supercar. All Im trying to say is there are many different definitions of a supercar. There is a grey area that many cars fall into. For example do you consider the 360 Modena to be a supercar?

95EagleAWD
07-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by kdwebber

How many seats does the Mclaren F1 have again? Oh right its got three its not a supercar. All Im trying to say is there are many different definitions of a supercar. There is a grey area that many cars fall into. For example do you consider the 360 Modena to be a supercar?

F1 is in a class of it's own, and it slipped my mind.

No, the 360 Modena is not a supercar. It's an entry-level Ferrari.

Sprinter
07-12-2006, 02:29 PM
WoW... front looks a too much like the 350Z, but the rear has remnants of the R34 rear tailights... that thing is boxy as can be, hopefully it can look a little slicker, they do need to re-think that model and try and draw up something closer to the R34 or even the R35... even the new concepts for the Supra and the RX-9 seem too "futuristic", maybe it's just me :dunno:

T78Supra1
07-12-2006, 02:44 PM
To tell you the truth i would get down on my hands and knees and worship the car if it had a price tag of $60,000 CAN

Take alook at the NSX in 1991 that thing looked like a Ferrari and becuase of the market it was competing in it sold less than 5 units Canada wide a Year.

If you buy this thing you would have to convince anyone who is not familiar with the GTR (Which is a good 70% of the high end sports car clubs) that is worth 90,000 CAD.

I guarantee that we will never see one on the streets of Calgary till late 2015... when the car is used a hell of allot cheaper. These cars are FADs they have allot of hipe around them but not many people will give up driving a Corvette, Porsche or Beamer to drive a Nissan.

95EagleAWD
07-12-2006, 03:08 PM
The NSX in 1991 sold a lot more than 5 cars in Canada.

There was 3163 NSXs produced in 1991, and I'm sure more than 5 came to Canada.

T78Supra1
07-12-2006, 03:11 PM
Thats what i was told when i bought my 99 Type R at Silverhill. Between 1991-1999 all the Acura Dealers in Alberta combined sold 7 in 8 years

95EagleAWD
07-12-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by T78Supra1

I guarantee that we will never see one on the streets of Calgary till late 2015... when the car is used a hell of allot cheaper. These cars are FADs they have allot of hipe around them but not many people will give up driving a Corvette, Porsche or Beamer to drive a Nissan.

And that's the problem Nissan faces. Most people outside of the PS2 generation have never heard of the Skyline or the GT-R. I'd never give up a 911 to drive a Nissan. It was the same problem Honda had with the NSX. Why give up a Ferrari for a Honda?

Nissan has to market this car. They'll have to advertise for it. It will not sell itself, like any "supercar" should.

If it doesn't make a splash in it's first year, I honestly don't think it will be in North America for very long.

And plus, the styling, whether you admit it or not, is an issue. It is an ugly car. It does not look like a $140,000 car. What looks sleeker, that thing or a 911? It may (or may not be) faster than a 997TT... but it won't matter to people who pay for the Porsche badge.

95EagleAWD
07-12-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by T78Supra1
Thats what i was told when i bought my 99 Type R at Silverhill. Between 1991-1999 all the Acura Dealers in Alberta combined sold 7 in 8 years

They shat on you then. West Side Acura in Edmonton sold over ten of them in 1991 alone. They haven't sold a new one since 97, however. But they do sell a few used ones every year.

T78Supra1
07-12-2006, 03:36 PM
Well then i stand corrected.....however the NSX is a sweet car

lewdvig
07-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Re: NXS. There were 18000 sold over 15 years worldwide. In Canada they only ever sold half a dozen per year.

There will be two Skylines: GT ST and GTR

The low end will be $75k the high $95k.

The high end will sell out.

lewdvig
07-12-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

And that's the problem Nissan faces. Most people outside of the PS2 generation have never heard of the Skyline or the GT-R. I'd never give up a 911 to drive a Nissan. It was the same problem Honda had with the NSX. Why give up a Ferrari for a Honda?

Nissan has to market this car. They'll have to advertise for it. It will not sell itself, like any &quot;supercar&quot; should.

If it doesn't make a splash in it's first year, I honestly don't think it will be in North America for very long.

And plus, the styling, whether you admit it or not, is an issue. It is an ugly car. It does not look like a $140,000 car. What looks sleeker, that thing or a 911? It may (or may not be) faster than a 997TT... but it won't matter to people who pay for the Porsche badge.

How do you get $140k CDN from $70k USD? Buy a calculator man.

There is a bit of dicrepancy at the high end, but not double. That is just stupid.

An example, people buying M3s from the US are saving about $15k CDN after conversion and taxes.

And this car will compete nicely with an M3 and a Vette. We live in a wolrd where a nicely spec'ed Murano is $50k and a Land Cruiser is $60. You need to get with 2006 pricing - the Skyline is not over priced at all.

lewdvig
07-12-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

They shat on you then. West Side Acura in Edmonton sold over ten of them in 1991 alone. They haven't sold a new one since 97, however. But they do sell a few used ones every year.

Google 'NSX Sales Canada' they only ever sold about 6 per year in all of Canada. Maybe 1991 was a crazy exception.

I got that info from teh CDN section of the NSX club.

toyboy88
07-12-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by gp36912
they should stick to the r34 styling :D i love the r34's styling

:werd: :werd: ...exactly my words

H4LFY2nR
07-12-2006, 06:35 PM

There is a bit of dicrepancy at the high end, but not double. That is just stupid.

An example, people buying M3s from the US are saving about $15k CDN after conversion and taxes.

And this car will compete nicely with an M3 and a Vette. We live in a wolrd where a nicely spec'ed Murano is $50k and a Land Cruiser is $60. You need to get with 2006 pricing - the Skyline is not over priced at all.

I think it was sarcasm...

dave101
07-12-2006, 07:08 PM
I mutha truckin hate it and thats all i'm gonna say. Peace

oh and :goflames: ( i dont know what a flames is..)

95EagleAWD
07-12-2006, 07:19 PM

American prices don't come here solely based on the Exchange Rate. We get raped for cars in Canada.

I guarantee it's at least a 120K car up here. At least. Plus, if they do "sell out", they'll be marked up a lot.

And honestly, I think Nissan will shit in it's pants if the cross-shopping includes M3 and Vettes. I think the competition Nissan was wanting was the 911 Turbo, F430, Gallardo crowd at a much lower price.