PDA

View Full Version : Help! Internet explorer FcKed!!

RotaryDrifter
07-11-2006, 02:34 PM
Hey gang, Any ideas what could be causing this problem, No pics whatsoever are showing up!!??(except my avatar) really starting to get annoyed. I checked the settings for parental control an everything is disabled. what could be the problem?? (Btw: internet explorer 6.0)

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/8871/wierdshit7bz.jpg

Really annoying!! i cant see shit!!:banghead:

sputnik
07-11-2006, 02:42 PM
When all else fails...

Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Restore Defaults

Palmiros
07-11-2006, 02:44 PM
or try another browser. Such as Opera/Firefox.

RotaryDrifter
07-11-2006, 03:02 PM
nope guys, :banghead: only a few smileys are showing to the left of me right now as i type this msg. soon the txt might start dissapearing. :(

adam c
07-11-2006, 03:04 PM
reinstall?

thats what i do with programs when they act up

Palmiros
07-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by RotaryDrifter
nope guys, :banghead: only a few smileys are showing to the left of me right now as i type this msg. soon the txt might start dissapearing. :(

Did you try it with different browsers? (What internet connection are you running on?)

RotaryDrifter
07-11-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by adam c
reinstall?

thats what i do with programs when they act up

Originally posted by Palmiros

Did you try it with different browsers? (What internet connection are you running on?)

I'll try that, thanks guys.

My labtop is gettin fixed so i had to use this POS pc!!!:banghead:

jav_
07-11-2006, 04:02 PM
did u download a program that removes popup ads?

szw
07-11-2006, 04:24 PM
Ditch IE

GTS Jeff
07-11-2006, 05:54 PM
OMG youse all idiots. Like wtf...as if the internet connection he's using matters at all. And reinstall IE? Haha that shit is built into Windows, dunno how you'd manage that.

Here's the fix:

Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Show Pictures.

bball2
07-11-2006, 06:59 PM
Or upgrade to IE7, I think it's actually quite nice :thumbsup:

RotaryDrifter
07-12-2006, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
OMG youse all idiots. Like wtf...as if the internet connection he's using matters at all. And reinstall IE? Haha that shit is built into Windows, dunno how you'd manage that.

Here's the fix:

Thanks yO! Did this an it wasn't loading the pictures:
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1205/fcked2yw.jpg

Then i restarted, and problem was fixed.:thumbsup:

shakalaka
07-12-2006, 01:48 AM
Man ditch IE. I was like that about couple months ago, but I use Firefox now, it is so much faster than IE. Better in so many ways.

jdm_jspec
07-12-2006, 01:48 AM
use firefox:thumbsup:

the_new_santa1
07-12-2006, 02:07 AM
I am also using firefox works great....

RotaryDrifter
07-12-2006, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by jdm_jspec
use firefox:thumbsup:

Originally posted by the_new_santa1
I am also using firefox works great....

ill install that tommorow...ive heared nothing but good things about firefox.

you guys got links? :dunno:

treg50
07-12-2006, 09:52 AM
Try FireFox or Safari, they're awesome. I have both both installed and deleted IE.

For FireFox: http://www.mozilla.org/

RotaryDrifter
07-13-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by treg50
Try FireFox or Safari, they're awesome. I have both both installed and deleted IE.

For FireFox: http://www.mozilla.org/

Thanks man! Downloading right now :thumbsup: I heared its harder to use then IE?!:dunno:

RotaryDrifter
07-13-2006, 06:10 PM
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3919/fw345y9ta.jpg

:dunno:

GTS Jeff
07-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Don't bother with Firefox. Half the websites on the internet won't work right with it.

And you should listen to me and ignore everyone else, cuz I'm the only person who actually gave you useless advice in this thread.

RotaryDrifter
07-13-2006, 07:02 PM
Don't bother with Firefox. Half the websites on the internet won't work right with it.

And you should listen to me and ignore everyone else, cuz I'm the only person who actually gave you useless advice in this thread.

well....... i was in the process of installing it, knowing that now... i probably should just stick to IE (want to see every website!) should i just upgrade to 7.0? btw: your first advice didnt work (Tools>Internet options>Advanced>Show pictures). :thumbsdow any other ideas?

djayz
07-13-2006, 07:11 PM
stick with IE dont upgrade to 7.0 and dont use firefox

IE is fine the way it is...if you upgrade youll end up having problems with flash and if you go back things will be screwed up with the current version your using.

firefox ive found is decent but it uses up more ram and cpu with all them damn tabs...more than what ie would take up with seperate windows.
if your happy with ie and everything works fine dont change.

shakalaka
07-13-2006, 07:15 PM
Well I wouldn't say half the websites, but there are few websites that won't work. But majority of them work fine, I'd say like 99%. Well maybe I am not visiting those 2% of the websites!? Dunno...

RotaryDrifter
07-13-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by djayz

IE is fine the way it is...if you upgrade youll end up having problems with flash and if you go back things will be screwed up with the current version your using.

firefox ive found is decent but it uses up more ram and cpu with all them damn tabs...more than what ie would take up with seperate windows.

ok? but im still having this problem, pics dont load when they should, like user's Signatures or avatars, the smileys in the picture below... any site i go to i get this same problem!! Most/all pics dont load!!

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/5631/d876d7uq.jpg

RotaryDrifter
07-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Another example......

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6948/fked63250pg.jpg

GTS Jeff
07-13-2006, 08:20 PM
lol I thought you said it was fixed. Well I dunno, go for Firefox then. I have Firefox running one of my computers and I don't like it so much.

Palmiros
07-13-2006, 08:58 PM

Here's the fix:

Wow Jeff.. you should really stick to what you`re doing right now, because all the advice you`ve given so far is crap.
Example. How does your internet connection affect your "images"? I`ll use DSL, you can use Dial-up, you figure there will be a difference? By the way, you can delete IE from control panel.

djayz
07-13-2006, 09:09 PM
hmmm...try reinstalled internet explorer
maybe try updating you might like the new one who knows.

has the page finished loading or does it still say in the bottom bar x files remaining?

doublepostwhore
07-13-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Well I wouldn't say half the websites, but there are few websites that won't work. But majority of them work fine, I'd say like 99%. Well maybe I am not visiting those 2% of the websites!? Dunno...

Seriously and you are in university?

99+2 = what genius?

RotaryDrifter
07-13-2006, 11:47 PM
lol I thought you said it was fixed. Well I dunno, go for Firefox then. I have Firefox running one of my computers and I don't like it so much.

I thought it was fixed but it seems after some use it starts acting up, not right away:nut: :dunno: I guess thats my next option.:drama:

barmanjay
07-14-2006, 01:58 AM
I only use opera now

I browsed through my norton and there were tonnes of IE hacks,.. a bunch of forefox hacks and only 1 opera

Ya know,.. just thinkin here,.. maybe you have too many "hidden" programs running slowing your computer down,... thus having not enough virutal mem to load pics

start - run - msconfig

browse through and see what's running.

shakalaka
07-14-2006, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by doublepostwhore

Seriously and you are in university?

99+2 = what genius?

hahaha I ain't a mathematician mate! lool

anyways was a typo I guess! lool never noticed.

GTS Jeff
07-14-2006, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Palmiros

Wow Jeff.. you should really stick to what you`re doing right now, because all the advice you`ve given so far is crap.
Example. How does your internet connection affect your "images"? I`ll use DSL, you can use Dial-up, you figure there will be a difference? By the way, you can delete IE from control panel. It would affect the download speed of the images, but not cause the problem described, which is images not loading at all. It's ironic that the guy who thinks faster internet solves software bugs is telling other people that their advice is crap. :rolleyes:

BY THE WAY, IE is a part of the Windows Shell and uninstalling it from the Add/Remove applet only removes the IE links in your start menu. Try typing a web address into Windows Explorer and what do you get...IE.

legendboy
07-14-2006, 08:47 AM
norton? ad or pop up blocker?

dkny
07-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Try disable Norton or anyother insternet security. It may help.

bball2
07-14-2006, 10:17 PM

:thumbsdow

Originally posted by djayz

:thumbsdow

---

+ 1

for Firefox, give it a try, it won't kill you, and more than likely you'll never go back.

RotaryDrifter
07-16-2006, 02:43 AM
Thanks guys for your help. Problem resolved :)

Just found out the problem is with the Video-card.:nut: BTW: i'm using IE 7.0 on my labtop, firefox has just been installed on the other computer which i use to have IE 6.0. Havent noticed much difference between IE 7.0 and Firefox.:dunno:

Problem:

The card that was in the PC (GeForce 4 ti 9800 i believe) encountering the problem was taken out because the fan mysteriosly burnt to shits (Video card still in excellent shape, just the fan on it is BURNT). I had to use the OEM video card that came with the motherboard which obviously doesnt display pics on IE 6.0 or 7.0.

GTS Jeff
07-16-2006, 08:56 AM
Glad you got it fixed. IE :thumbsup:

One of the most annoying things about using Firefox is that everytime I hit the mail button in MSN, it opens up an IE window to display Hotmail. And everytime I want to do Windows Update, same thing. I also like accessing my favorites from the start menu, which you can't do with Firefox. I also hate the load time with Firefox...IE is instantaneous. And speaking of speed, some people say Firefox browses faster, but I haven't noticed that. The nicest thing about IE in my opinion, is its integration into Windows.

The only advantage to Firefox is the tab feature, but that's gonna be in the new IE anyway. Pop ups still happen with Firefox and the rate of popups, viruses, whatever is the same between IE and Firefox.

eklypse
07-16-2006, 10:57 AM
With Firefox you can use two extensions to solve the majority of the problems you have. IE tab lets you open a page internally within Firefox using the IE rendering engine. So Windows update would work too. :) Another one is Adblock, this will stop pretty much every ad and pop up you would see. I have used it and never had a pop up I did not want.:thumbsup: Also If you are worried about a memory problem with Firefox you can use Opera, its free and the quickest browser you can use. It uses very little RAM as compared to Firefox, but I love my extensions so I am torn between both.

GTS Jeff
07-16-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by eklypse
With Firefox you can use two extensions to solve the majority of the problems you have. IE tab lets you open a page internally within Firefox using the IE rendering engine. So Windows update would work too. :) Another one is Adblock, this will stop pretty much every ad and pop up you would see. I have used it and never had a pop up I did not want.:thumbsup: Also If you are worried about a memory problem with Firefox you can use Opera, its free and the quickest browser you can use. It uses very little RAM as compared to Firefox, but I love my extensions so I am torn between both. I don't really like the idea of relying on plugins...bugs galore.

BerserkerCatSplat
07-16-2006, 02:20 PM
In all my time using Firefox, I've only had a single buggy plugin, and it was VLC Media player's fault. :dunno: