PDA

View Full Version : Help !!! Locked out of my own Computer

5hift
07-11-2006, 07:21 PM
I had a devil of a younger cousin over today, and I didnt have much in the form of entertainment for a younger kid, so I didnt think much of it and let him use my laptop to play around with.

Well his idea of fun was going into my windows settings and changing my startup windows password. He said it was supposed to be a joke and insists he's sure on what he changed the password to, but it doesnt work when we try it, as well as any combination I can think of him spelling it.

I tried to start the computer in safe mode (F10 I think) before it loaded the windows password prompt, but for some reason trying this only brings up the option to reformat my laptop. I would just as easily do that, excpet I have 2 really good essays on this computer I would prefer not to lose.

Is there any other way to get into windows as I really need to save those docs.

DC2
07-11-2006, 07:27 PM
i thought it was F8 that brings you to the option to boot in safe mode

mikey_mo_love
07-11-2006, 07:35 PM
F8

carter_prelude
07-11-2006, 07:37 PM
haha...i figured this out when my parents locked me out of the their computer when i had exams...just go F8 and create a new account :thumbsup: then ban your cousin form your computer lol

5hift
07-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the response guys, I'm just a little slow today, I should have known this.

Yeah he's banned from the laptop adding to him already being banned from my desktop and xbox. I tried to be nice because he didnt find day time tv too entertaining. This kid is the devil, next time I'll tell him to go play in traffic.