PDA

View Full Version : rear brake heatingup

thinmyster
07-12-2006, 12:11 AM
So yest when i was driving i noticed a scraping sound coming from my passenger side rear brake. Upon further inspection i noticed that one of the bolts that holds the caliper to the rotor had mysteriouly backed itself out and was nowhere to be found Upper one... Anyways long story short. I replaced the bolt from my stock N/a (turbo swap) and bolted up no problem. Brakes worked fine. When i get home i decide to check them and notice it to be heating up pretty warm. noticeably warmer that all other 3 corners (not overly hott)....

Now my question is this. I did snug the bolt up pretty good. Hoping that it would not come loose again. Could this be the problem? and how tight should it be?

anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

BigBearWest
07-12-2006, 02:27 AM
Sound like your caliper might need to be rebuilt. Sound like it is seizing on you

T-rus
07-12-2006, 06:32 AM
typically brake caliper bolts are tightened to around 30ftlbs. Also check the wear of the brake pads on both rear brakes. If the pads are worn more on the side that is heating up more there is a good chance you will need a new caliper or rebuild as BigBearWest Mentioned above.

thinmyster
07-12-2006, 07:58 AM
no usually when one of my brakes have siezed and im on any kind of an incline. my (e-brake) brakes will not stick and my car will nudge forward. Which it hasnt done. But i will check the wear on the pads.

Like i said i did snug it up pretty good. But theres no way that can be the reason? im at work so its impossible for me to check at the moment.